270soft Forum
admin_270

Reminder

This is a reminder that the forum is for discussion of issues related to 270soft games. It's not a general political discussion forum - there are lots of places to have those sorts of discussions, but this forum isn't one of them.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

This is a reminder that the forum is for discussion of issues related to 270soft games. It's not a general political discussion forum - there are lots of places to have those sorts of discussions, but this forum isn't one of them.

Big Brother has brought down the Red Censor Stamp again! :P

While I don't mind political discussion being eliminated, I do think that this will probably greatly reduce the activity in the forums, and that such a reduction might also impact how much time people spend playing the game, since fans of the game might spend less time talking to each other. Just my thoughts. 

Any alternative is to create an area that allows political discussion, with the clause that "270Soft in no way endorses any of the political views or statements posted in this forum," and then possibly allow some of the less intense users moderate threads in that one forum only. Someone like @Conservative Elector 2 who has never had to been censored, or has never been provocative, unlike me, @Patine, @Presidentinsertname, @servo75, etc., but who is also a regular forum user. 

Just my suggestion. Since I am constantly updating these scenarios, I'll be on here regardless.  

46 minutes ago, Patine said:

Big Brother has brought down the Red Censor Stamp again! :P

McCarthy endorses Patine +1 in Southern States

George Orwell fundraises for Patine :(

@vcczar

I've tried that before, and it didn't work. They inevitably become a distraction. I want the 270soft forums to be about playing the games and creating campaigns, not arguments about the political news of the day.

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@vcczar

I've tried that before, and it didn't work. They inevitably become a distraction. I want the 270soft forums to be about playing the games and creating campaigns, not arguments about the political news of the day.

I definitely understand your point of view. 

Either way works for me (though I'm relatively new here). @admin_270 can you give some idea of what is/is not in bounds for this board? It seems political debates of current affairs aren't in line with the scope of this forum (which I understand), but are discussions of elections and political events historically that could help scenario makers fine? Or should discussions strictly be about gameplay/scenario making? I think either works, just wondering about some clarification.

(For those who are interested in discussing/debating current events, maybe making a Discord server for the board would work? Anthony could be made an admin there since he is the mind behind the site/property, but he would be under no obligation to moderate.)

39 minutes ago, vcczar said:

While I don't mind political discussion being eliminated, I do think that this will probably greatly reduce the activity in the forums, and that such a reduction might also impact how much time people spend playing the game, since fans of the game might spend less time talking to each other. Just my thoughts. 

Any alternative is to create an area that allows political discussion, with the clause that "270Soft in no way endorses any of the political views or statements posted in this forum," and then possibly allow some of the less intense users moderate threads in that one forum only. Someone like @Conservative Elector 2 who has never had to been censored, or has never been provocative, unlike me, @Patine, @Presidentinsertname, @servo75, etc., but who is also a regular forum user. 

Just my suggestion. Since I am constantly updating these scenarios, I'll be on here regardless.  

Thank you for this! I truly appreciate it to be seen as a competent partner in this forum. It is simply not my style to act in any provocative way. I have my political views, you all have yours and I respect all other opinions, especially if mine are respected (not necessarily agreed with) too.

When was the last time it was tried Anthony, I'm curious because the crowd on this forum shifts a lot over time.

4 hours ago, thr33 said:

(For those who are interested in discussing/debating current events, maybe making a Discord server for the board would work? Anthony could be made an admin there since he is the mind behind the site/property, but he would be under no obligation to moderate.)

there is one already it's basically dead.

maybe try it again with this crowd,see how it goes for 2 weeks or so?

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

We just did!

that was mostly in that poll about Moore though which is a very touchy subject.