270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

Manhattan DA election 2017

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2017/11/12/manhattan-da-election-2017/

After Cyrus Vance has come under fire can an insurgent write-in campaign win?

Please note: This had to be made for PMI due to various bugs I encountered trying to make this in PI.

@Reagan04 and @thr33 might want to try this

Please tell me what you think once you try it.

25 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2017/11/12/manhattan-da-election-2017/

After Cyrus Vance has come under fire can an insurgent write-in campaign win?

Please note: This had to be made for PMI due to various bugs I encountered trying to make this in PI.

@Reagan04 and @thr33 might want to try this

I'm not really up-and-up on this, as we don't elect local prosecutors (or judges or heads of police, in Canada - in fact, I personally believe those types of positions being elected and not chosen through meritorious promotion or appointment is a recipe for great troubles and not entirely wise at all), but does an election for a prosecutor have many issues to run on that are actually legitimately and legally (and ethically) in such a candidate's power to fulfill?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I'm not really up-and-up on this, as we don't elect local prosecutors (or judges or heads of police, in Canada - in fact, I personally believe those types of positions being elected and not chosen through meritorious promotion or appointment is a recipe for great troubles and not entirely wise at all), but does an election for a prosecutor have many issues to run on that are actually legitimately and legally (and ethically) in such a candidate's power to fulfill?

Sometimes you'll have some largely Crime based.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Sometimes you'll have some largely Crime based.

But make prosecutors don't actually make or amend the criminal code, or even interpret it like judges can, nor can prosecutors amend courtroom procedures and protocols by fiat.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

But make prosecutors don't actually make or amend the criminal code, or even interpret it like judges can, nor can prosecutors amend courtroom procedures and protocols by fiat.

They have great autonomy over the justice system.

They have great autonomy over the justice system.

Well, that's scary then. Sounds like they, along with Turkish and Russian prosecutors, are such you don't want to be dragged in front of, even if you're innocent (but unless you're rich and have powerful friends). Especially with the "conviction quota" system I've heard exists in the U.S., which, the way it's described, sounds like a blatant, broad-scale violation of the civil rights of many defendants and the principles of justice itself.

31 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, that's scary then. Sounds like they, along with Turkish and Russian prosecutors, are such you don't want to be dragged in front of, even if you're innocent (but unless you're rich and have powerful friends). Especially with the "conviction quota" system I've heard exists in the U.S., which, the way it's described, sounds like a blatant, broad-scale violation of the civil rights of many defendants and the principles of justice itself.

even worse people in Queens and the  Staten Island have off-year DA elections so No one (except maybe the occasional competitive race like the SI 2015 one that garners some attention) knows about it. In fact last time a Democrat won by 10 points in Staten Island of all places.

even worse people in Queens and the  Staten Island have off-year DA elections so No one (except maybe the occasional competitive race like the SI 2015 one that garners some attention) knows about it. In fact last time a Democrat won by 10 points in Staten Island of all places.

Does either major party campaign against or show opposition to, or even mention, conviction quotas in these elections, or is this vile evil institution and degradation of the justice system carried on by omission, relying on the general ignorance of the electorate?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Does either major party campaign against or show opposition to, or even mention, conviction quotas in these elections, or is this vile evil institution and degradation of the justice system carried on by omission, relying on the general ignorance of the electorate?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Yes.

"The gulags require more labourers, Comrade. As the Party's Commissar for Prosecution in the People's Court for this raion, I assume you will provide them, lest you stand in for them yourself."

Gave it a shot, got destroyed. Wonder if I could've been harsher on him.

Interestingly, best performance of the three was downtown (34%) where I spent the least time campaigning.

da.png.6568160d6cd444a39bbaced08d964762.png

21 hours ago, thr33 said:

Gave it a shot, got destroyed. Wonder if I could've been harsher on him.

Interestingly, best performance of the three was downtown (34%) where I spent the least time campaigning.

da.png.6568160d6cd444a39bbaced08d964762.png

You outperformed the write-in by 14 points.

Wonder if @Reagan04 or @Sami could unseat Vance.

plans for next scenarios:

NY-6 Congress election,2016

Staten Island DA,2015

NYC City Council District 30,2017.

plans for next scenarios:

NY-6 Congress election,2016

Staten Island DA,2015

NYC City Council District 29,2017.

Can you please do a scenario that leaves NYC city limits?

50 minutes ago, Patine said:

Those are interesting ones I can do relatively fast.

23 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm thinking of doign Westchester,2017 or Saratoga 2017

44 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I'm thinking of doign Westchester,2017 or Saratoga 2017

But this is so parochial. It'd be like me doing Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, and Strathcona County elections (save for the fact, as I mentioned in a thread earlier, they were dull, boring, uneventful, and lopsided elections with low voter turnout and media coverage).

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

But this is so parochial. It'd be like me doing Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, and Strathcona County elections (save for the fact, as I mentioned in a thread earlier, they were dull, boring, uneventful, and lopsided elections with low voter turnout and media coverage).

I'll see about the GA-6 Special election earlier this year.

To explain my big landslide:

I played on a 3 fundraisers + 3 rallies and 3 bainstormings in the parts of DA every day + using enough broadcast for supporting me and against the democrats helped by the targets and the footsoliders.