270soft Forum
NYrepublican

Future of PMI poll

Should PMI-Canada and PMI-UK be merged into one game?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should PMI-Canada and PMI-UK be merged into one game?

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

Yes, and it should get full options for non-FPTP voting systems.

From the developer's perspective, it would be simpler to have them as one game. They are distinct because 1. they have significantly different content, and 2. most people are interested in a game about their specific country.

8 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

From the developer's perspective, it would be simpler to have them as one game. They are distinct because 1. they have significantly different content, and 2. most people are interested in a game about their specific country.

1. From what I've heard the only difference between them is that one is more Canada focused and one is more UK focused.

2. hence, why I'm making this poll to see if that's true.

There are 6 official Canadian campaigns that come with the game - that's what I'm referring to by content.

Polls on the forum are interesting, but keep in mind that forum users constitute a very small percentage of the user base. In my experience, they tend to be more wonkish than most users, in particular.

Just now, admin_270 said:

There are 6 official Canadian campaigns that come with the game - that's what I'm referring to by content.

Polls on the forum are interesting, but keep in mind that forum users constitute a very small percentage of the user base. In my experience, they tend to be more wonkish than most users, in particular.

Are you ok with maybe putting up a poll on the blog to capture a more diverse base?

No. I have thought about making it into one product with different 'flavors', and allowing people to switch from one to another. But even if such change happens, it won't happen for awhile.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

No. I have thought about making it into one product with different 'flavors', and allowing people to switch from one to another. But even if such change happens, it won't happen for awhile.

OK. Thanks for responding.

5 hours ago, daons said:

PMI Commonwealth could have a nice ring to it with Australian, Canadian and UK scenarios together etc.

And India, the world's biggest electoral democracy (whose number of eligible voters in their 2015 election was greater than the total number of eligible voters at that same time for the European Parliament - before the Brexit - the United States Federal Elections, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand). That's something - in fact, maybe that's a bit scary.

I'd really like it if in the next batch of updates Anthony might experiment with implementing the PR primaries for the general election in PMI and CI.

I'm curious why @Reagan04 wants to keep the two games separate. Or is he just fulfilling a famous role in his own Church and being a Devil's Advocate (as in the formal role in Catholic practice)?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I'm curious why @Reagan04 wants to keep the two games separate. Or is he just fulfilling a famous role in his own Church and being a Devil's Advocate (as in the formal role in Catholic practice)?

Patine you are great. I honestly could go either way and because they are different nations thought keeping them apart would be simpler, but UK is more advanced and it would behoove Canada to get those mechanics.

6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Patine you are great. I honestly could go either way and because they are different nations thought keeping them apart would be simpler, but UK is more advanced and it would behoove Canada to get those mechanics.

To do that it's much easier to have them as one game.