270soft Forum
Presidentinsertname

I smell bullshit

17 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

The attitude of "an accusation is as good as a conviction" is prejudicing the judicial proccess and is harmful for society.

That is something I will agree with. We heard, "Lock her up" last year, despite Hillary Clinton never was charged with a crime. Weiner didn't drop out of the primaries in 2013, but the voters made sure he didn't get the nomination. I think he received only 5% in the vote. So, while I'm torn on calling for Moore to stand down, I hope the voters in Alabama choose wisely. 

The truth will come out. And I hope that whoever paid those women to fabricate the lies, will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/mark-levin-exposes-wapo-hit-piece-judge-moore-complete-fabrication/

20 hours ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

This is honestly disgusting. This was one of the most well cited pieces of journalism from the post. Victim shaming and doubting is one of the very dangerous trends I see from hyper-partisanship in this country.

here what is hyper partisanship true or not that moore really did this the timing prove they came out was political motive.

This is honestly disgusting. This was one of the most well cited pieces of journalism from the post. Victim shaming and doubting is one of the very dangerous trends I see from hyper-partisanship in this country.

here what is hyper partisanship true or not that moore really did this the timing prove they came out was political motive. and coming out to a newspaper that Just endorse the democrat.

here what is hyper partisanship true or not that moore really did this the timing prove they came out was political motive. and coming out to a newspaper that Just endorse the democrat.

Mitt Romney was accused of tax evasion by then Senate Leader Harry Reid in the well of the Senate. Reid later admitted he made it up to damage Romney's Presidential campaign.

My view is that these sorts of charges should be disregarded as a matter of course if made within a short period of time before an election, and if the person being accused has been in the public spotlight for a long time. It is not that the person accusing is telling the truth or not, but that the timing has all the marks of a political hit job. If compelling evidence is brought forth (beyond he said, she said), then that changes.

The same tactic was used against Trump in the last part of the Presidential campaign, where a variety of women made claims of some sort of sexual impropriety against him.

3 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Mitt Romney was accused of tax evasion by then Senate Leader Harry Reid in the well of the Senate. Reid later admitted he made it up to damage Romney's Presidential campaign.

My view is that these sorts of charges should be disregarded as a matter of course if made within a short period of time before an election, and if the person being accused has been in the public spotlight for a long time. It is not that the person accusing is telling the truth or not, but that the timing has all the marks of a political hit job. If compelling evidence is brought forth (beyond he said, she said), then that changes.

The same tactic was used against Trump in the last part of the Presidential campaign, where a variety of women made claims of some sort of sexual impropriety against him.

the accuser is also a democrat and work for Hillary campaign too.

51 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

the accuser is also a democrat and work for Hillary campaign too.

Good point. The only way to determine whether or not someone was molested is to first determine if they share a political affiliation with you. She doesn't share a political affiliation with you, therefore she obviously was not molested. Eureka!

1 hour ago, jnewt said:

Good point. The only way to determine whether or not someone was molested is to first determine if they share a political affiliation with you. She doesn't share a political affiliation with you, therefore she obviously was not molested. Eureka!

https://activistmommy.com/breaking-roy-moores-accuser-worked-democratic-leaders-actively-campaigning-moores-opponent/

1 hour ago, Presidentinsertname said:

You know you just reinforced my point, right? I have no idea what the truth is, but your evidence backing up your claim is that she's a democrat. She very well could be lying, but this is a moronic point to use as evidence. 

9 hours ago, Dallas said:

The truth will come out. And I hope that whoever paid those women to fabricate the lies, will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/mark-levin-exposes-wapo-hit-piece-judge-moore-complete-fabrication/

Many other people here, including myself, have said due process should be allowed to proceed and the public should not decide the guilt or innocence of people accused of these crimes. But you act as if you know, without a shadow of a doubt, what happened and what the truth is, just because of your PERCEPTION by his public persona. You are one of the "trial by the public" people, albeit one calling for acquittal rather than conviction, who all claim to know things that are unrealistic for them to honestly know or speak with authority on, who are prejudicing the judicial process for these profile cases by weighing in with their assumed knowledge when they jack for sure like the vast majority of people, all should all shut up on social media and let the system work as intended. And that goes for @Presidentinsertname as well, who started this whole thread as though he knew things unrealistic for him to know, and that, in many cases have been proven false (a common state of affairs for him).

2 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

I am a Christian kid who was homeschooled from 1st grade through high school and so I think I'm qualified to call "Activist Mommy," a Christian homeschool mom, a crackpot. If we're attacking sources based off their personal views, what about how Activist Mommy supports beating children?

Also, one of the victims voted for Trump, Romney, and even McCain, which somewhat ruins your point.

Capture.thumb.PNG.5a1a9e3cc833a3c5e776216b19bdaf55.PNG

I smell bullshit too...

1 hour ago, Bruce Fischer said:

I am a Christian kid who was homeschooled from 1st grade through high school and so I think I'm qualified to call "Activist Mommy," a Christian homeschool mom, a crackpot. If we're attacking sources based off their personal views, what about how Activist Mommy supports beating children?

Also, one of the victims voted for Trump, Romney, and even McCain, which somewhat ruins your point.

Capture.thumb.PNG.5a1a9e3cc833a3c5e776216b19bdaf55.PNG

I smell bullshit too...

There is no political party currently registered in the United States, either Federally or in any component State, Incorporated Territory, Commonwealth, or the District of Columbia, under the name "National Democrat Party," just to be clear.

It appears that the entire conspiracy theory that WaPo paid for the accusers to come forward is literally based off a tweet from some random guy (who has "#MAGA" in his display name, because that's not biased). The tweet says that this guy's wife's friend said a WaPo reporter said that they'd pay for it.

It's not even "he-said-she-said," it's "he-said-she-said-he-said-she-said." In a tweet, no less. A TWEET.

Also, as one of the commenters on that article stated, even if she was actively campaigning against Moore, "why would you campaign for the candidate who molested you?"

36 minutes ago, Patine said:

There is no political party currently registered in the United States, either Federally or in any component State, Incorporated Territory, Commonwealth, or the District of Columbia, under the name "National Democrat Party," just to be clear.

Saying "Democrat party" is either stupidity or a clever trick some Republicans use to disassociate the Democratic party from the word "democratic," since people generally like democracy even if they're not Democrats (as in a member of the party).

20 minutes ago, Bruce Fischer said:

It appears that the entire conspiracy theory that WaPo paid for the accusers to come forward is literally based off a tweet from some random guy (who has "#MAGA" in his display name, because that's not biased). The tweet says that this guy's wife's friend said a WaPo reporter said that they'd pay for it.

It's not even "he-said-she-said," it's "he-said-she-said-he-said-she-said." In a tweet, no less. A TWEET.

Also, as one of the commenters on that article stated, even if she was actively campaigning against Moore, "why would you campaign for the candidate who molested you?"

Saying "Democrat party" is either stupidity or a clever trick some Republicans use to disassociate the Democratic party from the word "democratic," since people generally like democracy even if they're not Democrats (as in a member of the party).

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/929064529903980551

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/929102233806999553

You're saying this guy is not a reputable source?

11 minutes ago, avatarmushi said:

Both of them are verified WaPo reporters, which is different from some random #MAGA troll (even verified ones like that one guy named after the dessert)

1 minute ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Both of them are verified WaPo reporters, which is different from some random #MAGA troll (even verified ones like that one guy named after the dessert)

im talking about the quoted tweets

2 minutes ago, Bruce Fischer said:

how "Doug lewis MAGA" has 3 wait no 2 wait no 4 purple hearts, was born in 2 different cities and thinks Rafael Cruz killed JFK

21 minutes ago, avatarmushi said:

im talking about the quoted tweets

18 minutes ago, avatarmushi said:

how "Doug lewis MAGA" has 3 wait no 2 wait no 4 purple hearts, was born in 2 different cities and thinks Rafael Cruz killed JFK

I was about 95% sure that's what you meant & that you were being sarcastic but you never know these days :P

Also is it even possible to have more than 1 purple heart? IIRC you can only have one and then you get a branch for each thing you do that would merit another. Maybe being born in both South Bend, IN, and Plains, GA simultaneously allows you to earn 2?? 

Just now, WVProgressive said:

she worked for the dnc thought. and with the timing (also being someone supported of doug jones)) had she came out before the primarys that would have been different ina s ince and would have been the time to come out they try the same shit on trump and those women stop as soon as he won.