270soft Forum
Presidentinsertname

I smell bullshit

Ray moore have been accused of preying on teenage girls 34 years ago.  someone in a discord have made comment that put this story into question as well as the fake that this is coming out now and not before the firs tor second of the primary or any other of the races.

>All four women don't know each other. >Somehow they all arrived at the Washington Post at the exact same time without a "first story" being released.

All Hollywood stories usually start off with one person coming forward, the story getting credit, and then other victims coming forward after.

Having all four women - all unknown to each other - showing up at once to speak with the Washington Post is a bit ridiculous.

These are the names we have:

Leigh Corfman, mother is Nancy Wells.

Then you've got Wendy Miller.

Then you've got Debbie Wesson Gibson.

And you've got Gloria Thacker Deason.

"She also was concerned that her background — three divorces and a messy financial history — might undermine her credibility."

>messy financial history

Yes, yes it does.

You literally went to The Washington Post and you have a messy financial history.

"Neither Corfman nor any of the other women sought out The Post.

"

"While reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Moore’s Senate campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought relationships with teenage girls. Over the ensuing three weeks, two Post reporters contacted and interviewed the four women."

How.

How did the Post even find these people.

According to the article, The Post found all four.

They did not find The Post. 

1979, Corfman was 14.

In 1982, Corfman graduated from Gadsden City High School. 

Something really doesn't add up about this story.

"says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71"

I mean, as you can see up above, Nancy and Leigh have a connection.

The story broke and Corfman's LinkedIn and apparently her Facebook were deleted.

2017-11-09_19_38_58-Martha_Cooper_Obituary_-_Birmingham_Alabama___Legacy.com_-_Waterfox.png

This is honestly disgusting. This was one of the most well cited pieces of journalism from the post. Victim shaming and doubting is one of the very dangerous trends I see from hyper-partisanship in this country.

16 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I'm sorry who is Ray Moore?

Roy

3 minutes ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

This is honestly disgusting. This was one of the most well cited pieces of journalism from the post. Victim shaming and doubting is one of the very dangerous trends I see from hyper-partisanship in this country.

First off shut up with the partisanship crap what is partisan you refusing to think about why 4 WOMEN WHO DONT KNOW EACHOTHER come out to a news paper with a story ON THE SAME DAY.

1 minute ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Roy

Oh! Well try better next time i guess. 

1 minute ago, Presidentinsertname said:

i thought it was ray until now.

Really? I'd think that would be one of the easiest things to learn about a candidate.

4 hours ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

While I agree victim shaming is evil, I personally have always advocated the Death Penalty for Child Rape, innocent until proven guilty seems to be forgotten here. Rape is the most falsely accused crime and it ruins thousands of young men and womens lives when they still have 60 or 70 years.ahead of them. Something has to give and we can't let a charge.convict.

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

While I agree victim shaming is evil, I personally have always advocated the Death Penalty for Child Rape, innocent until proven guilty seems to be forgotten here. Rape is the most falsely accused crime and it ruins thousands of young men and womens lives when they still have 60 or 70 years.ahead of them. Something has to give and we can't let a charge.convict.

I agree that both accusers and alleged perpetrators have a habit of getting "grilled and tried" by the public on charges of sex crimes involving high profile people. Thus, I myself will not comment on what I believe is the case here, because I, like the vast majority of people who "weigh in" on the Internet and other media on this and other cases of sexual misconduct by and/or against someone famous, know jack about what about actually happened and should stop speaking as though they "knew" or had "authority" to speak on the issue, as it's prejudicing the judicial process.

I am not at all surprised to see the downplaying of a possible rape accusation due to partisan leanings- surprised it is on this forum. The reason why it was released all at once: because the Post wanted to make sure they had as many sources as possible before they release a story that is indirectly tied to a Senate race. I'm not surprised the Post found four women connected to Roy Moore- I mean this paper can say they took down a president. But reacting to this news with a title like yours, is why so many women- until now- have chosen to remain silent on being raped. Why speak out if everyone will claim it is bullshit? 

Having said that. There will be 3 possible scenarios that'll come from this election.

1) Alabama elects an accused rapist/pedophile by voting for Roy Moore.

2) Doug Jones becomes the first Democrat to win a Senate race in Alabama since 1992.

3) Luther Strange becomes a Senator through a write-in campaign. 

1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I am not at all surprised to see the downplaying of a possible rape accusation due to partisan leanings- surprised it is on this forum. The reason why it was released all at once: because the Post wanted to make sure they had as many sources as possible before they release a story that is indirectly tied to a Senate race. I'm not surprised the Post found four women connected to Roy Moore- I mean this paper can say they took down a president. But reacting to this news with a title like yours, is why so many women- until now- have chosen to remain silent on being raped. Why speak out if everyone will claim it is bullshit? 

Having said that. There will be 3 possible scenarios that'll come from this election.

1) Alabama elects an accused rapist/pedophile by voting for Roy Moore.

2) Doug Jones becomes the first Democrat to win a Senate race in Alabama since 1992.

3) Luther Strange becomes a Senator through a write-in campaign. 

"The age of sexual consent in Alabama, then and now, is 16, so Moore’s alleged action would constitute second-degree sexual abuse, a misdemeanor."(The Atlantic) Everyone's making it out like he committed a felony. Most importantly, the fact that these accusations most of the time come out right before an election makes me more skeptical of them.

I agree with your sentiments. Residing in Alabama, I and many others come to know Roy Moore as a honest and hard-working man. He's been in public service for 40 years now, and every year of those 40 years he has been met with resistance. Resistance that has sought to keep him out of office, by lying and slandering Roy Moore to high Heaven and back. Out of all campaigns I have witnessed both here in AL and across the nation, the smear tactics against Moore is by far the most negative and false in modern political history. They lied about his position and the money he received from his foundation. They also have lied about his positions on the issues.  I believe the allegations against him are indeed the opposition's last Hail Mary. It is desperation as a result of Moore leading by double digits and the opposition's candidate now in a death spiral.  

22 minutes ago, Dallas said:

I agree with your sentiments. Residing in Alabama, I and many others come to know Roy Moore as a honest and hard-working man. He's been in public service for 40 years now, and every year of those 40 years he has been met with resistance. Resistance that has sought to keep him out of office, by lying and slandering Roy Moore to high Heaven and back. Out of all campaigns I have witnessed both here in AL and across the nation, the smear tactics against Moore is by far the most negative and false in modern political history. They lied about his position and the money he received from his foundation. They also have lied about his positions on the issues.  I believe the allegations against him are indeed the opposition's last Hail Mary. It is desperation as a result of Moore leading by double digits and the opposition's candidate now in a death spiral.  

That sounds about par for the course.  It's not like they were making up stories about him being born in another country or running a pedophilia ring out of a pizza parlor.

From someone that personally knows the woman making the accusations: 

"she has went to various churches within our denomination and accused at least three other pastors besides an uncle of ours, making sexual advances at her. Each time that she brought it to the District board for Alabama they found her to be uncredible and she changed her story many times.

Additionally, she tried to sue a pastor in one of the sections within our denomination and the Circuit Judge would not hear the case. This was around 2007 this particular incident took place."

"Our section Presbyter has been notified and has notified the proper authorities! She is 100% uncredible. This is just an attack on a good Christian man, no doubt she was promised some type of monetary benefit for her lies by someone... I know 100% that she is money hungry and I wish I could go into details of the other situations involving the pastor that she accused. I will say this though I can truthfully say that 3 times out of the four times she accused pastors that we know, she attempted to " Make a Deal" to not go public with the accusation if she would be compensated an x amount of dollars. That is one reason why the Circuit Judge in the Civil Court dismissed her case with prejudice".

I agree with Mitt on this. Innocent until proven guilty is for the court of law, not running for office. Also, he wasn’t just accused of sexually assaulting a 16 year old, but also a 14 year old, which is younger than the age of consent. It doesn’t matter if it’s a felony, misdemeanor, or anything else, what matters is it’s wrong. If you don’t come from a place of hearing the victim first, then your partisan jerseys are on too tight.

15 minutes ago, michaelsdiamonds said:
I agree with Mitt on this. Innocent until proven guilty is for the court of law, not running for office. Also, he wasn’t just accused of sexually assaulting a 16 year old, but also a 14 year old, which is younger than the age of consent. It doesn’t matter if it’s a felony, misdemeanor, or anything else, what matters is it’s wrong. If you don’t come from a place of hearing the victim first, then your partisan jerseys are on too tight.

The attitude of "an accusation is as good as a conviction" is prejudicing the judicial proccess and is harmful for society.

13 minutes ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

mitt and the other gopers elites are doing it because they want strange to replace moore so they can discredict the trump challager bannon need to find challenger. and keep in my ALL THREE PEOPLE who came out CAME OUT ON THE SAME DAY to the same NEWSPAPER and didnt know each other before hand so i am sure you only believe because you dont want moore to win.

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

"The age of sexual consent in Alabama, then and now, is 16, so Moore’s alleged action would constitute second-degree sexual abuse, a misdemeanor."(The Atlantic) Everyone's making it out like he committed a felony. Most importantly, the fact that these accusations most of the time come out right before an election makes me more skeptical of them.

True. Even if it came out before, or after, we can't ignore the information. Anthony Weiner tried to mount a 'comeback' by running for mayor of NYC. During the Democratic primary, information came out about how he didn't drop his habits. If the information came from the De Blasio camp, or another challenger, so what. The voters should know. 

Just now, Sunnymentoaddict said:

True. Even if it came out before, or after, we can't ignore the information. Anthony Weiner tried to mount a 'comeback' by running for mayor of NYC. During the Democratic primary, information came out about how he didn't drop his habits. If the information came from the De Blasio camp, or another challenger, so what. The voters should know. 

Yes, but that information came from a more reliable source, Dallas showed that this woman in question is harder to believe because of her track record(see below)

42 minutes ago, Dallas said:

From someone that personally knows the woman making the accusations: 

"she has went to various churches within our denomination and accused at least three other pastors besides an uncle of ours, making sexual advances at her. Each time that she brought it to the District board for Alabama they found her to be uncredible and she changed her story many times.

Additionally, she tried to sue a pastor in one of the sections within our denomination and the Circuit Judge would not hear the case. This was around 2007 this particular incident took place."

"Our section Presbyter has been notified and has notified the proper authorities! She is 100% uncredible. This is just an attack on a good Christian man, no doubt she was promised some type of monetary benefit for her lies by someone... I know 100% that she is money hungry and I wish I could go into details of the other situations involving the pastor that she accused. I will say this though I can truthfully say that 3 times out of the four times she accused pastors that we know, she attempted to " Make a Deal" to not go public with the accusation if she would be compensated an x amount of dollars. That is one reason why the Circuit Judge in the Civil Court dismissed her case with prejudice".

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Yes, but that information came from a more reliable source, Dallas showed that this woman in question is harder to believe because of her track record(see below)

The NY Post broke the sexting scandal. I'm not sure they are more credible than WaPo. Then again, I don't live in the five boroughs, so I don't read it often. 

Just now, Sunnymentoaddict said:

The NY Post broke the sexting scandal. I'm not sure they are more credible than WaPo. Then again, I don't live in the five boroughs, so I don't read it often. 

The NY Post is known as a reliable source.