270soft Forum
TheLiberalKitten

Congress Infinity

On 11/8/2017 at 11:31 AM, admin_270 said:

Congress Infinity will have a major update in the near future, in prep for 2018. All owners will receive this update.

Without trying to come off as pestering, and I'm sure you've recieved many suggestions already, but will CI include events that only apply to a region? I think back to the 2012 Senate elections, and how Todd Akin said, "legitimate rape comment, Martha Coakely's controversial 9-11/Wall Street ad, or the 96 Senate race in South Carolina where  Close was constantly portrayed as being out of touch by driving luxury cars. 

20 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Without trying to come off as pestering, and I'm sure you've recieved many suggestions already, but will CI include events that only apply to a region? I think back to the 2012 Senate elections, and how Todd Akin said, "legitimate rape comment, Martha Coakely's controversial 9-11/Wall Street ad, or the 96 Senate race in South Carolina where  Close was constantly portrayed as being out of touch by driving luxury cars. 

Or don't forget Richard Murdock in the 2012 Indiana Senate race, the fresh Tea Party favourite who brought down powerful, long-serving, and entrenched incumbent establishment GOP Senator Richard Lugar, and then losing in the GE to Democrat Joe Donnelly, in INDIANA, over an Akins-type comment in the debate.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Or don't forget Richard Murdock in the 2012 Indiana Senate race, the fresh Tea Party favourite who brought down powerful, long-serving, and entrenched incumbent establishment GOP Senator Richard Lugar, and then losing in the GE to Democrat Joe Donnelly, in INDIANA, over an Akins-type comment in the debate.

Yeah, on second thought. Just make a nationwide event saying, "Candidate says something out of touch regarding rape".  :P 

Wasn't that the year also, in Deleware that the GoP candidate said she is not a witch?

1 minute ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Yeah, on second thought. Just make a nationwide event saying, "Candidate says something out of touch regarding rape".  :P 

Wasn't that the year also, in Deleware that the GoP candidate said she is not a witch?

She said she had "dabbled in it in her youth, but Christ helped lead her away from that wickedness," or something along those lines.

19 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

or in  2012 when the pa gop ran a nobody and thought they win.

My favorite election, in which a state party nominated a nobody would be the 2010 SC Senate race, when the Democratic nominee was Alvin Greene- a former Army vet who spent essentially no money on the campaign.The state Democratic Party was taken by surprise when won the primary and tried suing the GoP believing they encouraged Republican voters to back the much weaker Greene over the other candidates. Should it surprise you that he had the worst showing for a Democrat in recent history(at least in SC)?

1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

My favorite election, in which a state party nominated a nobody would be the 2010 SC Senate race, when the Democratic nominee was Alvin Greene- a former Army vet who spent essentially no money on the campaign.The state Democratic Party was taken by surprise when won the primary and tried suing the GoP believing they encouraged Republican voters to back the much weaker Greene over the other candidates. Should it surprise you that he had the worst showing for a Democrat in recent history(at least in SC)?

I remember him. I think someone in the South Carolina Democratic Committee accused him of the being a 'plant' (in the political/espionage sense).