270soft Forum
Sunnymentoaddict

Election Day 2017!

Just now, Patine said:

We can't do that in Canada. As I mentioned in another post recently, Canadian politics are tumultuous, unpredictable, and with notoriously high turnover rates, to the point that Canada, of all nations that use an FPTP election system, is said to have no "safe seats" and no "reliable solid <insert party> territory."

do you guys call the results like the uk with the returning officers?

Just now, Sami said:

Ah you're Canadian!

From where?

The Parti Québécois is offering me a job in Longueuil the next summer (a).

Edmonton, Alberta.

Just now, Presidentinsertname said:

do you guys call the results like the uk with the returning officers?

No they put the counts directly with an update like America but they don't call the winner before at least 50% counted :)

They do like Virginia but for everything

Just now, Sami said:

No they put the counts directly with an update like America but they don't call the winner before at least 50% counted :)

They do like Virginia but for everything

what do you mean by that last one?

Just now, Sami said:

God...you're fine with NPD vs Tory monarchy xD

patine is ok with monarchy I believe. from what i saw more people would support the npd if they were pro monarchy from what i heard the green party leader is a monarchist and that odd considering the uk green party and the green party in other commonwealths are anti monarchy,

3 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

what do you mean by that last one?

Mhmm...

Like it:

Votes counted: 3%

A 45%

B 4%

C 34%

Votes counted: 27%

A 68%

B 23%

C 12%

Votes counted: 55%

A 56%

B 34%

C 26%

Vote counted: 76%

A 55% (elected)

B 38%

C 17%

From what I saw in Quebec and Canada in 2015, they wait a bit more than the American, they do as you do for the close races but for every seats untill to be sure.

csa statue exit poll in va

Removed 36%
Left in place: 60%

Just now, NYrepublican said:

So far Guadagno's leading in NJ.

it be funny if she ends up winning or it ends up being closer then they thought.

5 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

patine is ok with monarchy I believe. from what i saw more people would support the npd if they were pro monarchy from what i heard the green party leader is a monarchist and that odd considering the uk green party and the green party in other commonwealths are anti monarchy,

The Federal NDP hasn't mentioned the Monarchy openly as a campaign plank since Broadbent was leader (late P.E. Trudeau and most of the Mulroney days), and provincial governments have no individual Constitutional say in that issue.

Just now, Presidentinsertname said:

csa statue exit poll in va

Removed 36%
Left in place: 60%

it be funny if she ends up winning or it ends up being closer then they thought.

Guadagno's lost the lead.

Just now, Patine said:

The Federal NDP has mentioned the Monarchy openly as a campaign plank since Broadbent was leader (late P.E. Trudeau and most of the Mulroney days), and provincial governments have no individual Constitutional say in that issue.

isnt the current leader a republican?

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Guadagno's lost the lead.

They must have just gotten a flux of counted polls from several rural conservative areas, and it's been overtaken.

1 minute ago, Presidentinsertname said:

isnt the current leader a republican?

He just took the leadership last month. I don't yet know enough about him to say.

Fun fact about our mayor he is 80 the teen in the picture is not his daughter nor his grand daughter but his great granddaughter.

3 minutes ago, Sami said:

When I was talking about monarchy with @Patine I talked about something like a Conservative ruling over his province for...what... 40 or 60 YEARS?

Untill 2015 ^^.

oh

1 minute ago, Patine said:

He just took the leadership last month. I don't yet know enough about him to say.

he the leader of your party

23168050_301899120325502_1851595711311511553_n.jpg

He was mayor of our two my entire life he has a good ratings so i expect that he be relected (every democrat who ran against did on the platform of change and it keep blowing up i believe this may be the last he runs but who knows.

Democrats had taken control of virginia lower house but still as polls show us trump was not a facture in my opinion Corey Stewart would have won we should gone with him and no the neo con ed i knew ed would fuck this up.

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

only 46% reporting with Northam havign a 2 point lead.

The Northern Virginia counties tend to report their returns later than the rest of the state. This might explain the closeness. Ed did extremely well in sw Virginia, but Democratic turnout was high in those DC suburbs. 

Just now, Sunnymentoaddict said:

The Northern Virginia counties tend to report their returns later than the rest of the state. This might explain the closeness. Ed did extremely well in sw Virginia, but Democratic turnout was high in those DC suburbs. 

i was surprise by the exit polling showing trump not being factor.