270soft Forum
PoliticalStudent

Question for Anthony - Endorsements

Anthony I've been witnessing something in the game. If I am playing like candidate A in a more than three person race.

lets say A started with 1%

B with 48%

C with 51%

after months candidate A grew to

A: 45%

B: 44%

C: 16%

candidate C withdraws endorsing nobody

new percetange show:

A: 45%

B: 55%

Question: Why A doesn't get anything?

* I might be at +50 momentum and still nothing for me(A).

I would have to look at the algorithm for this in detail to give a definitive answer, but offhand the answer is that B and C are closer in terms of their platforms. The algorithm for this kind of conversion will be looked at when adding Favorability.

20 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I would have to look at the algorithm for this in detail to give a definitive answer, but offhand the answer is that B and C are closer in terms of their platforms. The algorithm for this kind of conversion will be looked at when adding Favorability.

What is the forecast of when favorability might be added? Optimistic and pessimistic timeline, that is. I'm excited about. 

I'm finalizing the PMI - UK update, then a PMI - Canada update. Then a PI update incorporating those changes and finalizing direct pop. vote. Then CI update. Once all that's done, I'll come back to PI and Favorability. Perhaps 1st quarter 2018.

6 hours ago, admin_270 said:

I'm finalizing the PMI - UK update, then a PMI - Canada update. Then a PI update incorporating those changes and finalizing direct pop. vote. Then CI update. Once all that's done, I'll come back to PI and Favorability. Perhaps 1st quarter 2018.

Do either or both of those PMI updates feature, or even beta-test, any of the alternate parliamentary electoral systems (basically everything but FPTP), that I've been going on about of late, perchance?

21 minutes ago, Patine said:

Do either or both of those PMI updates feature, or even beta-test, any of the alternate parliamentary electoral systems (basically everything but FPTP), that I've been going on about of late, perchance?

@admin_270 Can you at least try to implement some form of PR sometime soon even if in Beta.

PI will include direct pop. vote, which will allow for simulating all the individual gubernatorial, senatoral, congressional, and mayoral campaigns.