270soft Forum
Kingthero

Candidate Statistics

So, I know the general feel of what every candidate stat does, but I am not really clear on what each number would represent in terms of least to highest of whatever stat. Here is what I think; correct me if I am wrong. I am trying to understand this so I can write myself a guide on what to rank people.

Leadership: Determines how strong of a leader the candidate is. Only affects the leadership campaign issue. 1-5 least to best leader.

Experience: Determines how much experience a candidate has in regards to politics. Only affects the experience campaign issue. 1-5 least to most experienced.

Integrity: Determines how often a politician sticks by his word. Only affects the integrity campaign issue, but can be scandalized. 1-5 least amount to most amount of integrity

Issue Familiarity: Determines the knowledge of a politician in regards to modern and past issues. Only affects debate performance and the issue familiarity campaign issue. 1-5 least to most in tune with the issues.

Charisma: Determines the likability of a politician. Affects nothing? 1-5 least to most liked

Stamina: Determines the 'stamina' of a politician. Affects the rate at which energy (and command points) are depleted? 1-5 least to most energetic

Debating: Determines the debating strength of a politician. Affects debate performance only. 1-5 least to most skilled at debating.

Ideologue: Determines a politician's commitment to what they believe in. Affects nothing. 1-5 least to most insular. (Does this mean 1 would be the optimal value?)

Ambition: Determines a politician's power to represent what they believe in. Affects nothing. 1-5 least to most ambitious. (Is a 1 or 5 better?)

Command: Determines a politician's power to organize. Affects party organization. 1-5 least to most organized.

Strategic: Determines a politician's skill is strategy. Affects footsoldiers. 1-5 least to most strategic.

Ads: Determines a politician's power to advertise. Affects advertisement power. 1-5 least to best advertiser.

Spin: Determines a politician's power to play the media. Affects spin power. 1-5 least to best manipulator.

Fundraising: Determines a politician's power to raise funds. Affects fundraising dollar amounts. 1-5 least to best fundraiser.

Research: Determines a politician's power to research bad or good things about an idea or person. Affects research speeds. 1-5 least to best researcher.

Polling: Determines the potential of the polls to favor a candidate more or less. Affects polling numbers. 1-5 least to best winner.

Ground: Determines a politician's power at local events. Affects barnstorming and rallies. 1-5 least to best speaker.

Corruption: Determines a politician's potential to do bad things. Only affects scandals. 1-5 least to most corrupt (is 1 or 5 the better number? aka is 5 the least corrupt?)

@vcczar @admin_270 

Charisma affects interviews, ads, barnstorming, rallies, fundraising and I think policy speeches too. Issue familiarity also affects how many gaffes you make and interview performances.

I still really am confused about the ambition/idealogue/corruption, especially in terms of which number is better; 1 or 5.

3 hours ago, Kingthero said:

I still really am confused about the ambition/idealogue/corruption, especially in terms of which number is better; 1 or 5.

When it comes to ideologue it's best that it's low if it's not your candidate but if it is your candidate it literally doesn't do anything. Corruption of 1 means it's the hardest to research scandals on that candidate and 5 the easiest so the lower your leader's corruption the better. I'm not sure what ambition does but I think it only does anything in President Infinity affecting how easy it is to offer a rival candidate a position so they'll be your running mate.

I think @admin_270 is more qualified than I am at this. I think I have it about right, but I am still not confident in my answers to this. 

Leadership: Affects leadership issue, and I think it also has some sort of bonus for campaign growth, but I'm not sure. Maybe more command points. 

Experience: Affects the experience campaign issue. I'm not sure if it has any other value. 

Integrity: Affects the integrity campaign issue, and the ease of having a scandal exposed. 

Issue Familiarity: Affects debate and interview performance and the issue familiarity campaign issue. 

Charisma: Affects momentum, barnstorm, rally, fundraising

Stamina:  Affects the rate at which energy is depleted

Debating: Affects debate performance, and possibly interviews. 

Ideologue: Affects nothing as far as I can tell. I think it may affect some level of support. 

Ambition: Affect how eager the politician is in entering a race, and how stubborn they will be in leaving the race. 

Command: Affects number of command points. 

Strategic: Affects the speed of upgrading the campaign. 

Ads:  Affects advertisement power. 

Spin: Affects spin power

Fundraising: Affects fundraising dollar amounts.

Research: Affects research speeds. 

Polling: Affects polling numbers, or accurate poll numbers. 

Ground: Affects momentum and strength in a state

Corruption: Affects the power of scandal against you.  Unlike the other scales, I think this is the only one in which you want a "1" rather than a "5"

Maybe @admin_270 can correct me in the areas that I am incorrect, and this can clear it up for us.