270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Historical Scenarios Update (November 2017)

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Thanks! I just released this. Take your time, since I'm moving forward on the elections, and I'll use your additions for the "final" update. 

Alright! Thanks again for all your hard work. 

22 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I tried downloading 1976 and it downloads fine but when I installed it into the game it doesn't show up. 1980 is fine but 1976 isn't working for me. @vcczar maybe it's the file?

See if it is out of order in your list of scenarios. It might not begin with 1976 or something. If you still can't find it, then let me know. 

It does not show up. It says it was imported but it doe not show up. I even checked the user scenario folder and it is there but it doesn't show up on the campaign selection screen.

Capture 2.JPG

9 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Update: I figured it out :) and the scenario is there. I'm looking at it now.

Weird. What happened?

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Weird. What happened?

It was inside another .zip file so I extracted it and then put it where it belonged and it worked. I noticed that the 1976 scenario has senators but I'm not sure if they are the correct ones. 

@TheLiberalKitten

I'm done with 1984 for this update. I'll now work on your 1988 scenario. Is the latest version on the download section, or is there a more recent version that you can attach on here?

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

@TheLiberalKitten

I'm done with 1984 for this update. I'll now work on your 1988 scenario. Is the latest version on the download section, or is there a more recent version that you can attach on here?

The lastest version is in the downloads section. 

15 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

The lastest version is in the downloads section. 

ok cool

Just now, vcczar said:

ok cool

I look forward to seeing what you'll edit. 

Also I added percentage bonuses to some candidates if the nominee chooses them for vice president

40 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I look forward to seeing what you'll edit. 

Also I added percentage bonuses to some candidates if the nominee chooses them for vice president

Awesome

For 1988, I moved Bill Clinton to a presidential what-if, and created Ann Richards as a VP to replace him. Clinton was considered a possible candidate for 1988. 

8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

For 1988, I moved Bill Clinton to a presidential what-if, and created Ann Richards as a VP to replace him. Clinton was considered a possible candidate for 1988. 

Awesome! I look forward to testing this when it is out.

For 1988: I adjusted the starting % for the primaries. I strengthened Mario Cuomo (the desired frontrunner, who decided not to run),  and Ted Kennedy (only in the Northeast and liberal states, but decreased him in more moderate areas), I also slightly weakened both Dukakis and Jackson. Greatly weakened Bentsen outside his region.  Made Clinton strong in Arkansas, but fairly weak outside his region. I made very few adjustments to the Republicans, you had that pretty much right on the nail. 

I plan on adding more events, and after that I'll look at the endorser strengths and positions, and then I think it will be updated enough for this release, and I'll post 1984, and send you 1988 to post under your name. I'll add more things, and perfect it along with all the historical presidential scenarios during the  later "final" update.  I'm glad you put together a solid scenario, because it required way less major tweaking than the others. 

14 minutes ago, vcczar said:

For 1988: I adjusted the starting % for the primaries. I strengthened Mario Cuomo (the desired frontrunner, who decided not to run),  and Ted Kennedy (only in the Northeast and liberal states, but decreased him in more moderate areas), I also slightly weakened both Dukakis and Jackson. Greatly weakened Bentsen outside his region.  Made Clinton strong in Arkansas, but fairly weak outside his region. I made very few adjustments to the Republicans, you had that pretty much right on the nail. 

I plan on adding more events, and after that I'll look at the endorser strengths and positions, and then I think it will be updated enough for this release, and I'll post 1984, and send you 1988 to post under your name. I'll add more things, and perfect it along with all the historical presidential scenarios during the  later "final" update.  I'm glad you put together a solid scenario, because it required way less major tweaking than the others. 

I'm just glad I could help my friend. I especially picked this election as I always found it so interesting.

7 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

hi vcczar need adjust 3rd' partys and observer in primaries the game crash in first week

Are you talking about the 1984 scenario? I'll see if I get the crash also, if that's the case. 

I know about needing to adjust the 3rd parties and observer. 

Just now, Presidentinsertname said:

by perot* https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=EG8fAAAAIBAJ&sjid=A30EAAAAIBAJ&pg=4985,12819&dq=ed-zschau&hl=en here is another guy if you have dick lamm in 1996

23 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

These people will probably be included in the "Final" update, if not in this update. 

2004 is a strange What-if election, consider Trump is a Democrat in 2004. I also have vastly inexperienced Barack Obama as an option, and obviously Sen. Hillary Clinton, and then US Rep Bernie Sanders. Ted Kennedy makes his last what-if appearance, allowing him a possible nearly-40 years of what-if presidency! 

Update: I"m going to redo the 2020 Scenario events.