270soft Forum
Reagan04

Forum Political Compass

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Cool, the only time I've tried Duolingo was for Russian. It was hard. Easier to just take classes.

Maybe because Russian isn't exactly easy to learn.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Obviously. Have to learn a new heckin alphabet AND a new language. Gave up because thered be no point in learning it as there's no one here to speak to in it, unlike Spanish and German.

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Obviously. Have to learn a new heckin alphabet AND a new language. Gave up because thered be no point in learning it as there's no one here to speak to in it, unlike Spanish and German.

Well at least in Ohio which I think is where you said you were.

3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

You know @NYrepublican, if you already know English and Hebrew, you've already learned probably 2 of the 4 most complex, intricate, convoluted, overwrought, and self-contradictory, as well as most difficult to learn, languages currently spoke. You just need to learn Mandarin and Inuit to complete the set.

7 hours ago, Patine said:

You know @NYrepublican, if you already know English and Hebrew, you've already learned probably 2 of the 4 most complex, intricate, convoluted, overwrought, and self-contradictory, as well as most difficult to learn, languages currently spoke. You just need to learn Mandarin and Inuit to complete the set.

I'm partially fluent in Hebrew I plan to improve my fluency in it soon. Probably after Esperanto (I've always wanted to learn that but never got around to doing it but now that I have a long bus ride I might as well get around to doing it.)

I'm learning a lot from watching Knesset sessions (with english subtitles to help with the words I don't know for now)

@Sami i've heard that Knesset sessions have much more entertainment value than congressional(U.S) ones

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

@Sami i've heard that Knesset sessions have much more entertainment value than congressional(U.S) ones

And more than the PMQ of the HOUSE OF COMMONS :P

We touch to a high level of entertainment.

1 minute ago, Sami said:

See if this gives you an idea.

On 11/3/2017 at 5:14 PM, Sami said:

Only reason why I'll miss David Cameron.

20 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Only reason why I'll miss David Cameron.

Apparently, the sessions of the old pre-WW1 Reichsrat, or Imperial Parliament of the roughly two-thirds of the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary under the Austrian Crownlands (the Kingdom of Hungary, by the Compromise of 1867, had it's won separate Parliament in Budapest, but shared the same monarch, and ministries of defense, foreign affairs, and finance) in Vienna were apparently so rowdy and acrimonious, leading to threats, slurs, insults, challenges, and even fisticuffs routinely, that it made a big impression and impact on an adolescent Adolf Hitler, who often attended these sessions in the viewers gallery, that this was how politics naturally was, and should be, conducted. :P 

here's mine 

chart.png

After multi attempts I have to reconsider my lign

chart?ec=0.88&soc=-6.92

I am a moderate Democrat on economy and libertarian on society.

Basically, the kind of guy who is forced to sacrify something:

-Democrat: Sacrifize economy for society.

-Republican: Sacrifize society for economy.

-Libertarian: Sacrifize economy for society.

Seems correct to me, and apparently I've been trending left as I age. Although I have weird / alternative views on specific issues that tend not to fit established parties on my side of the compass. Roughly: fully automated luxury communism.

Pretty impressive diversity of views here.

chart.png

I have taken it again, I shifted to the Economic Right to 10 and shifted downwards to 3.9.

17 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I have taken it again, I shifted to the Economic Right to 10 and shifted downwards to 3.9.

Funny how a self-proclaimed fundamentalist Christian believes it IS possible to serve the Lord and Mammon at the same time, despite Christ specifically saying otherwise...

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Funny how a self-proclaimed fundamentalist Christian believes it IS possible to serve the Lord and Mammon at the same time, despite Christ specifically saying otherwise...

Ok, you have that opinion!

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Ok, you have that opinion!

The promotion of unbridled, unrestrained, and unregulated greed and acquisition by so-called "Christians," and the so-called "Prosperity Gospel," which are completely contrary to Christ's ministry entirely, bug me as much as those self-same so-called "Christians" promoting violence and war, nationalism of a single Earthly nation, or theocracy or theonomy, in the name of Christ (effectively using the Lord's name in vain to justify ulterior and evil motives on the Earth), which also REALLY bug me. I think I've made this clear.

I'd probably move it one notch to the left and 1-2 down, but otherwise pretty accurate. I guess I'm not as libertarian as I thought I was.

political compass 3-19-18.png

On 3/19/2018 at 9:34 PM, Reagan04 said:

itshappening.jpg

On 3/19/2018 at 10:02 PM, Patine said:

The promotion of unbridled, unrestrained, and unregulated greed and acquisition by so-called "Christians," and the so-called "Prosperity Gospel," which are completely contrary to Christ's ministry entirely, bug me as much as those self-same so-called "Christians" promoting violence and war, nationalism of a single Earthly nation, or theocracy or theonomy, in the name of Christ (effectively using the Lord's name in vain to justify ulterior and evil motives on the Earth), which also REALLY bug me. I think I've made this clear.

Lol, I'll pray for you tonight buddy