270soft Forum
servo75

Updated New Jersey 2017

Just uploaded the finalized scenario for NJ Gubernatorial 2017!

Why is the campaign a toss-up in the beginning of the general, @servo75?

I'll look into the debate part. I'm not sure what you mean by being a toss-up.

Ok I'm turning invites on and putting a 5% requirement, but I see no other way to keep a party out of a debate.

2 minutes ago, servo75 said:

I'll look into the debate part. I'm not sure what you mean by being a toss-up.

The polls being close.Also for PR primaries try what I suggested here

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

So let me get this straight - You're suggesting setting the number of primary seats equal to the population?  They're already apportioned by population.

Just now, servo75 said:

So let me get this straight - You're suggesting setting the number of primary seats equal to the population?  They're already apportioned by population.

Yes equal to the amount of votes cast in each county in the primaries.

Okay I've done the other two things, I'm going to test it with the seats as they are, setting the populations will take a little longer.

10 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Ok so here's the dilemma I had with polls. The last few elections Republicans have done uncharacteristically well. Christie had a Reagan-esque performance in 2013 so just setting the region percentages equal to the last election won't work. So I tried averaging the percentages from the last 3 elections. That's what you see now.  I tried polls to match the current 50-35 Democrat advantage. Unfortunately that set ALL counties to those percentages, so the entire map was blue which was also unrealistic. I haven't had the time to make a separate general election poll for each country. I've made some suggestions to @admin270 to make poll creation more streamlined.  This is the dilemma we face, where a particular candidate from a party will significantly overperform or underperform relative to other candidates, so we need something on top of party region percentages, but the polls seem to be too powerful.

I will experiment with general election polls for a few red counties, but I'm not sure that will make things better.

Ach! Now I'm getting the "NAN is not a valid currency value" when starting a campaign. I have no idea how this happened.

1 minute ago, servo75 said:

Ach! Now I'm getting the "NAN is not a valid currency value" when starting a campaign. I have no idea how this happened.

Same here with my Biden one.

Ok I'm just going to set it back to the way it was.

4 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@admin_270 Really needs to release a patch for that.

I think that we need better error handling in general. @admin_270 it can get frustrating trying to figure out these crash messages. It would be nice to put error handling in to get more user-friendly messages.

I'd wait to finalize the polling numbers until the election actually happens.  This will help when trying to set how counties lean.