20 members have voted

1. 1. What is your IQ?

2. 2. Where did you take an IQ test?

• Online (free)
    • Online (paid)
    • School
    • Work
    • Other

Just added the second question before I had a chance to answer it.

1. 140-150 (144, specifically. Best friend has 145)

2. School (Friend and I are in advanced classes and we had to take IQ tests.)

And yes, I watch Rick and Morty. (I'M PICKLE RICK!!)

I took enough classes in psychometrics and psychophysics when I was in college to know that IQ tests are hogwash.  There's no way to make an unbiased test.  They're always going to favor particular cultures and/or cognition types.  Alfred Binet, developer of the Stanford-Binet test, did not believe that his test measured a permanent or inborn degree of intelligence nor was it designed to do so.

49 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

IQ Poll

10 minutes ago, pilight said:

I took enough classes in psychometrics and psychophysics when I was in college to know that IQ tests are hogwash.  There's no way to make an unbiased test.  They're always going to favor particular cultures and/or cognition types.  Alfred Binet, developer of the Stanford-Binet test, did not believe that his test measured a permanent or inborn degree of intelligence nor was it designed to do so.

Also, unlike what @ThePotatoWalrus fervently claims, a very high IQ score is no guarantee of, or even a really strong leg up, in and of itself, toward, real success in life. I hope he's not planning to ride non-existent laurels to a "bright future" he envisions based on IQ score alone. He'll be sorely disappointed...

I put no idea, because I don't think I took a school IQ test, and I don't trust online IQ tests. I received a 153 IQ on an online test, which is shocking when you consider that I'm weak at mathematics (generally, due to both a lack of interest and a lack of exposure). 

I put other because I might have taken both a school IQ test, but I'm not sure. I think it was the test where I just bubbled in the responses to make patterns with the Scan-Tron test, because I didn't want to take it. I made terrible grades in grade school because I didn't care about classes. I skipped classes to teach myself in the library. I read probably 35% of all the history books in my large high school library. I read most of Shakespeare on my own, and some other plays. I read art books. Yet, I nearly flunked out of high school. Often high school teachers passed me, even though I probably shouldn't have passed the classes. By junior year in High School, I started caring about school, and I made straight A's Junior and Senior year (except in Math classes). I made straight A's in college and grad school, too. 

30 minutes ago, Patine said:

Also, unlike what @ThePotatoWalrus fervently claims, a very high IQ score is no guarantee of, or even a really strong leg up, in and of itself, toward, real success in life. I hope he's not planning to ride non-existent laurels to a "bright future" he envisions based on IQ score alone. He'll be sorely disappointed...

Sad but very true. Intelligence isn't as useful as people would hope and expect. 

8 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

And yes, I watch Rick and Morty. (I'M PICKLE RICK!!)

Yes! I love Rick and Morty. Some of the fan base makes me cringe but the show itself is cool.

9 hours ago, SeanFKennedy said:

Yes! I love Rick and Morty. Some of the fan base makes me cringe but the show itself is cool.

Yeah, the fan base right now is the cringiest I have ever seen (wamen dressing up as male characters and singing), but overall the show is pretty funny. Can't wait for Winter to get that sauce.

Also, I am aware that IQ is not a good indication of one's intelligence. I suffer in math areas all the time, and only get average grades despite taking many advanced and college classes (mfw to intelligent)

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@WVProgressive @Patine @ThePotatoWalrus No wonder Koneke's posts were so stupid.

6 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lmao why would you admit to having a 39 IQ 

Isn't that the IQ level you should be sitting in a wheelchair drooling and making odd noises and requiring personal caregivers for EVERYTHING?

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Isn't that the IQ level you should be sitting in a wheelchair drooling and making odd noises and requiring personal caregivers for EVERYTHING?

Pretty sure anything under like 65 is legally retarded

13 minutes ago, MRA said:

like you.

What a nasty, unneeded, and downright wrong comment.  

5 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

What a nasty, unneeded, and downright wrong comment.  

Well

23 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Pretty sure anything under like 65 is legally retarded

was a stupid comment alongside all the other stupid shit he's said

56 minutes ago, MRA said:

Well

was a stupid comment alongside all the other stupid shit he's said

Don't forget everybody this is the guy who had his profile picture of an admitted pedophile, white supremacist, and supporter of cutting women's rights.

9 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Don't forget everybody this is the guy who had his profile picture of an admitted pedophile, white supremacist, and supporter of cutting women's rights.

Tu quoque,appeal to emotion,poisoning the well, should I go on? @MRA's a pretty bad guy though

11 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Tu quoque,appeal to emotion,poisoning the well, should I go on? @MRA's a pretty bad guy though

I wouldn't really call what I said a fallacy when he just accused me of saying stupid shit lol.

24 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

12 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I wouldn't really call what I said a fallacy when he just accused me of saying stupid shit lol.

I put him on ignore for a reason. But you two are really gluttons for punishment.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I put him on ignore for a reason. But you two are really gluttons for punishment.

YOU are a fascist communist Islam-loving anti-christian state-sanctioned actor.

15 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Well that statement was stupid because according to it you're too retarded to even make that statement.