270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

Youngest Forum Users

1 hour ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

@vcczar I'm curious as well. Though, I tend to not post as often on here, so I could see how it would be difficult to narrow down.

I don't know that much about you. You'd get education, commerce, homeland security, HUD or Interior, depending on what suits your interests and experience. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I don't know that much about you. You'd get education, commerce, homeland security, HUD or Interior, depending on what suits your interests and experience. 

HUD is actually quite the fit, as I'm currently going through a career change to enter real estate. Not to mention my pet issue of housing laws dealing with discrimination. Definitely a post I'd enjoy.

11 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Yo, @vcczar, if you were FORCED to put me in a cabinet position, where would you put me? (No resigning or other bamboozles)

Probably Veterans Affairs. I think you'd actually care about their welfare since the military is generally supported by white nationalists. If forced to pick a spot for @NYrepublican I'd give him transportation since, although conservative, he has knowledge and experience with public transportation, since he lives in NYC. I'll give @Reagan04 Agriculture, as I think he'd most like working with people invested in that sphere of work. 

I guess this is what my Forum cabinet would look like:

President @vcczar

Vice President @Patine

Chief of Staff: also Patine

Sec of State @admin_270

Sec of Treasury @Conservative Elector 2

Sec of Defense @jvikings1

Att Gen @CalebsParadox

Sec of Interior: @SiorafasNaCillini

Sec of Agriculture: @Reagan04

Sec of Commerce: @thr33

Sec of Labor: @SeanFKennedy

Sec of Health & HS: @sanser @Sandy

Sec of HUD: @michaelsdiamonds

Sec of Transportation: @NYrepublican

Sec of Energy: @Sunnymentoaddict

Sec of Education: @Falcon

Sec of VA: @ThePotatoWalrus

Sec of Homeland Sec: @President Garrett Walker

Nat Sec Adviser: @jnewt

Neat. I'm a huge data nerd, so in addition to the economic/trade duties, would be fun working with the census and the NWS.

Just now, thr33 said:

Neat. I'm a huge data nerd, so in addition to the economic/trade duties, would be fun working with the census and the NWS.

You'd probably be pretty good at that.

25 minutes ago, thr33 said:

Yeah, I gave you that based off your listed interests. 

On 10/15/2017 at 5:31 PM, Patine said:

In my opinion, Education and Healthcare would be two of the WORST departments to put members of the Republican Party in as the party trend currently stands.

Actually I'd love to be Education Secretary and then shut the department down.  Completely useless and hasn't done anything but interfere in state and local departments and try to force Common Core and trans-gender bathrooms down our throats.

My own list: 

President @vcczar

Vice President: @LokiLoki22

Chief of Staff: @TheLiberalKitten

Sec of State @Conservative Elector 2

Sec of Treasury @TeamEhmling

Sec of Defense @jvikings1

Att Gen @jnewt

Sec of Interior: @SiorafasNaCillini

Sec of Agriculture: @President Garrett Walker

Sec of Commerce: @thr33

Sec of Labor: @SeanFKennedy

Sec of Health & HS: @Sandy

Sec of HUD: @michaelsdiamonds

Sec of Transportation: @NYrepublican

Sec of Energy: @Sunnymentoaddict

Sec of Education: @Falcon

Sec of VA: @ThePotatoWalrus

Sec of Homeland Sec: @President Garrett Walker

Nat Sec Adviser: @Reagan04

Potential Supreme Court Nominees: 

@CalebsParadox, @RI Democrat, @TheMiddlePolitical

1 hour ago, servo75 said:

Actually I'd love to be Education Secretary and then shut the department down.  Completely useless and hasn't done anything but interfere in state and local departments and try to force Common Core and trans-gender bathrooms down our throats.

Yes, because everyone knows an uneducated or partially-educated or elitist-restricted-educated or religiously-indoctrinated population tends to support conservative regimes (the Medieval Roman Catholic Church stumbled across this brainwave early on).

Just now, Patine said:

Yes, because everyone knows an uneducated or partially-educated or elitist-restricted-educated or religiously-indoctrinated population tends to support conservative regimes (the Medieval Roman Catholic Church stumbled across this brainwave early on).

The Federal Department of Ed has nothing to do with any of that. It hasn't improved anything, as a matter of fact our PISA rankings have been falling in the international ranks since the DOE was founded, despite throwing more tax money at education than almost any other country. It was a knee-jerk reaction that never worked. If anything I'm trying to make education LESS restrictive and LESS elitist by leaving it up to the states.  How in the world do you get from "local control" to "partially-educated" or "elitist-restricted," that makes no sense. If you want to talk elitist, how about the Federal government dangling $5 billion of stimulus money in front of the states and saying, "Yeah you can have this if you agree to implement our national Common Core standards against the will of your districts, parents, and teachers, and force your schools to open transgender bathrooms." The only elitists I see here are Progressives who think that if the Federal government doesn't dictate education for the entire country, then the states and communities can't be trusted to know what's best for them.  Honestly I don't understand your logic.  Please don't insult my intelligence by insinuating that we'll all be uneducated rednecks if we close a department that we did fine without for almost 200 years.

By the way the Dept. of Education was founded in 1978, nine years after we put men on the moon. And yet somehow we survived the pre-Jimmy-Carter dark ages when we were foolish enough to think that states and communities could make better decisions for themselves than an all-powerful central government.

I learned much more by myself on the internet than in school. The main thing I learned in school is how stupid people are and how nasty people are to those who are different. 

Secretary of the Interior would certainly be a position I'd like. I like the countryside and all that.

May I just say, my first focus would be to undo redlining. It's really time that we stop arbitrarily deciding what the "good" and "bad" neighborhoods are by race. I think the economic opportunities would really help some of the issues in this country. Not to mention a federal program preventing LGBT discrimination in housing, as there currently isn't one.

14 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Damn, I am excluded. I guess I ain't active enough on here.

I didn't purposely exclude you, I just had so many spots, and these other names came up first. I would clearly rather have you in the administration than Potatowalrus, Reagan, and some others. I also don't know what your interests are. There are still some open cabinet-level positions. 

I am most skilled in education and foreign affairs, but skilled in infrastructure and environment and natural resources and farming.

9 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

I am most skilled in education and foreign affairs, but skilled in infrastructure and environment and natural resources and farming.

You sound like quite the Da Vincian Renaissance Man. :P

36 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Maybe I'd make you UN Ambassador, since I haven't tabbed anyone there. If I gave this hypothetical scenario any more thought, I might shift people around. 

16 minutes ago, pilight said:

Back to the original topic, the first presidential race I voted in was 1988.  I turned 18 about three weeks after the 1984 election.

Thank God there's someone in here older than Patine and I.