270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

2020 Election update

I've decided to update the endorsers in my 2020 election, since I hadn't done so since November or December 2016, which has allowed for some Governors and Senators that are unlikely to serve in those positions, since rumors have changed. 

I'd say I changed about 15 of the endorsers. This will be included in the update, whenever I post it. 

You'll see when I update them. Basically, I removed people that are no longer considering running for office or rumored to run for office. For instance, Jason Carter for Georgia, who I had as a Democratic governor. However, since Republicans are much more likely to keep that office, I have placed a Republican governor. I also didn't have Roy Moore or Kay Ivey. Joseph P. Kennedy III is no longer governor of Massachusetts because Charlie Baker is so popular, and likely to win reelection. I had a Republican governor of Illinois, but now I've replaced him with a Democratic governor (Chris Kennedy). I had an Independent governor of Maine, but I now have a Democrat (I think). I forgot who else I changed. 

On 10/8/2017 at 2:57 PM, vcczar said:

I've decided to update the endorsers in my 2020 election, since I hadn't done so since November or December 2016, which has allowed for some Governors and Senators that are unlikely to serve in those positions, since rumors have changed. 

I'd say I changed about 15 of the endorsers. This will be included in the update, whenever I post it. 

Two questions:

(1) Would you consider adding Kasich (default off) as a candidate for the Dem primary? He hasn't outright stated the possibility, but he has really attacked the direction of the GOP, and questioned whether he or people like him has a place in the party anymore.

(2) Considering how Bannon is pumping up the rhetoric of primarying establishment republicans in midterms, do you think it would be worth it to add a populist challenger to primary Trump? Maybe even Bannon himself (though I imagine he'd probably put his support behind Cruz or Cotton instead, with Tulsi, who he's been a fan of as well, being a long shot), since he's been doing more speaking roles campaigning (for Moore, and particularly at major GOP grassroots events recently)?

(Thanks for all you do on these scenarios BTW. For many of the elections your commission has covered so far, I might not have the requisite knowledge but I've enjoyed playing them/reading up.)

On 10/16/2017 at 8:53 PM, thr33 said:

Two questions:

(1) Would you consider adding Kasich (default off) as a candidate for the Dem primary? He hasn't outright stated the possibility, but he has really attacked the direction of the GOP, and questioned whether he or people like him has a place in the party anymore.

(2) Considering how Bannon is pumping up the rhetoric of primarying establishment republicans in midterms, do you think it would be worth it to add a populist challenger to primary Trump? Maybe even Bannon himself (though I imagine he'd probably put his support behind Cruz or Cotton instead, with Tulsi, who he's been a fan of as well, being a long shot), since he's been doing more speaking roles campaigning (for Moore, and particularly at major GOP grassroots events recently)?

(Thanks for all you do on these scenarios BTW. For many of the elections your commission has covered so far, I might not have the requisite knowledge but I've enjoyed playing them/reading up.)

Those are both good suggestions, but I'd have to see some more rumors. Kasich has no chance of winning the Democratic primary. I have created him as an independent option. I might add more populist challengers that are Bannon-pawns, but I'd have to identify who these are, and who might run.