270soft Forum
PoliticalStudent

Do Platforms Matter in PI?

I just don't know if platforms matter to win primaries or general election in PI. So I want to know your opinions and evidence that they do matter or not in PI.   I know somebody here said recently that he won as Clinton in a landslide because he/she shifted the platform to appeal to more voters, but still I don't see any evidence of this in my personal experience.   I have been playing this game for too long, and I still don't have any evidence or suggestion that the platform matter. 

I don't understand, in my scenarios of 2016, why I am winning North Carolina as a Democrat with as bigger margin than Virginia. Is it a platform thing?

Platforms give you Power bonuses or penalties when campaign on a given issue to the degree your position on that issue aligns with a region's center. This can easily be swamped by other factors, but if you're in a close match they can give you a significant edge.

On 10/7/2017 at 5:47 PM, PoliticalStudent said:

I just don't know if platforms matter to win primaries or general election in PI. So I want to know your opinions and evidence that they do matter or not in PI.   I know somebody here said recently that he won as Clinton in a landslide because he/she shifted the platform to appeal to more voters, but still I don't see any evidence of this in my personal experience.   I have been playing this game for too long, and I still don't have any evidence or suggestion that the platform matter. 

I don't understand, in my scenarios of 2016, why I am winning North Carolina as a Democrat with as bigger margin than Virginia. Is it a platform thing?

you know i am going to test this theory by switching the democratic and republican platform to the far left and far right far right democrats vs far left republicans and i see what happen.

If we say we have Gun Control issue on Low, if you campaign with it can it change to medium or high?

On 10/9/2017 at 3:19 PM, admin_270 said:

Platforms give you Power bonuses or penalties when campaign on a given issue to the degree your position on that issue aligns with a region's center. This can easily be swamped by other factors, but if you're in a close match they can give you a significant edge.

I wish there was a way to make the platforms matter even more. Although, I haven't done much of an investigation to see how much they influence the elections. 

13 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Yes, campaigning on an issue causes the profile to increase.

and the profile increase affects votes? for example: if I campaign heavily for Environment and from Low reaches Very High, I gained votes?