270soft Forum
Tigerdovefan34

United Kingdom of America CI game

so I am planning to make this Congress Infinity Games of only the house being the congress due to alternate events, America is also a monarchy. to make a long story short, in the 1730s France conquered the 13 colonies and in 1783, they became free and choose Ferdinand Augustus, son of Frederick VI of the HRE as their king. the entire scenario is very different from our own and it would take far too long to explain so I'll gop into the parties, the party leaders, and the current states.

Royalists - Led by Aaron Burr, they control 70 seats in congress (full control of PA -23 seats, NY - 27 seats, CT - 10 seats, NJ - 10 seats

Traditionalists - Led by John Adams, they control 10 seats in congress (all of MD - 7 seats , all of DE - 3 seats)

Centralists - Led by Alexander Hamilton, they control 20 seats in Congress (all of MA - 15 seats, all of RI - 5 seats)

Totalists - Led by George Washington, they have 12 seats in Congress (all of VA - 6 seats, all of NC - 3 seats, all of SC - 2 seats, GA - 1 seat)

Whig - led by Thomas Jefferson, they have 5 seats in congress. (all NH - 4 seats, VT - 1 seat)

election is in 1787 and I plan to have at least 90,000 people voting as the population

can someone help me as to edit the map to make it work?

5 hours ago, Tigerdovefan34 said:

so I am planning to make this Congress Infinity Games of only the house being the congress due to alternate events, America is also a monarchy. to make a long story short, in the 1730s France conquered the 13 colonies and in 1783, they became free and choose Ferdinand Augustus, son of Frederick VI of the HRE as their king. the entire scenario is very different from our own and it would take far too long to explain so I'll gop into the parties, the party leaders, and the current states.

Royalists - Led by Aaron Burr, they control 70 seats in congress (full control of PA -23 seats, NY - 27 seats, CT - 10 seats, NJ - 10 seats

Traditionalists - Led by John Adams, they control 10 seats in congress (all of MD - 7 seats , all of DE - 3 seats)

Centralists - Led by Alexander Hamilton, they control 20 seats in Congress (all of MA - 15 seats, all of RI - 5 seats)

Totalists - Led by George Washington, they have 12 seats in Congress (all of VA - 6 seats, all of NC - 3 seats, all of SC - 2 seats, GA - 1 seat)

Whig - led by Thomas Jefferson, they have 5 seats in congress. (all NH - 4 seats, VT - 1 seat)

election is in 1787 and I plan to have at least 90,000 people voting as the population

can someone help me as to edit the map to make it work?

This is one of those scenario ideas that someone politely put for one I had YEARS ago on the Apolyton Civ2 forums - that is, "very ambitious and very difficult." :P

32 minutes ago, Patine said:

This is one of those scenario ideas that someone politely put for one I had YEARS ago on the Apolyton Civ2 forums - that is, "very ambitious and very difficult." :P

I'm just trying to find out how to edit added Region IDs and delete Regions except the ones that are needed. lol. I tried this one time and it really didn't work out for me

and NTM, the population. How do you edit that?

12 minutes ago, Tigerdovefan34 said:

I'm just trying to find out how to edit added Region IDs and delete Regions except the ones that are needed. lol. I tried this one time and it really didn't work out for me

and NTM, the population. How do you edit that?

The best way is to download a free-to-use (at least for "basic" functions) XML editor (I use and recommend Essential XML, myself) and manually edit the .xml files used for game. I find, as they are, the in-game CI (and even PI and PMI) scenario editors are underdeveloped, and directly editing .xml and .bmp files gets better results, at least for me. The areas you'd want to edit you mentioned can be found in the political_regions.xml file, but you might also benefit from a new map. And, BTW, if thus was due to a massive French victory in the 1730's, wouldn't Acadia and maybe much of Nouveau France become part of this new nation as well (just food for thought)? Also, immigration flooding by France between the 1730's and Independence would logically distort the demographic balance to have a powerful and numerous block of Francophones - not the absolute dominance of Anglophones the RL original US had. That's just my two bits.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

The best way is to download a free-to-use (at least for "basic" functions) XML editor (I use and recommend Essential XML, myself) and manually edit the .xml files used for game. I find, as they are, the in-game CI (and even PI and PMI) scenario editors are underdeveloped, and directly editing .xml and .bmp files gets better results, at least for me. The areas you'd want to edit you mentioned can be found in the political_regions.xml file, but you might also benefit from a new map. And, BTW, if thus was due to a massive French victory in the 1730's, wouldn't Acadia and maybe much of Nouveau France become part of this new nation as well (just food for thought)?

I'll link you to a google document where everything is explained: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G0-Zs97H7eeu3SMH5j_PrSn27bBHrD9VrGzX9fbmbLg/edit?usp=sharing Basically, once the GHW is over, Canada will go to Russia along with Alaska and Portugal will Get Louisiana. Flordia and everything east of the mississippi is US controlled. Central America in under the Mexican Empire, La plata has southern south america.Prussia and Austria have Venezuela, Columbia, Peru. Bolivia, and Ecuador, Portugal has Brazil and Suriname as well a s french guinea and Guyana. England has the carribbean.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

The best way is to download a free-to-use (at least for "basic" functions) XML editor (I use and recommend Essential XML, myself) and manually edit the .xml files used for game. I find, as they are, the in-game CI (and even PI and PMI) scenario editors are underdeveloped, and directly editing .xml and .bmp files gets better results, at least for me. The areas you'd want to edit you mentioned can be found in the political_regions.xml file, but you might also benefit from a new map. And, BTW, if thus was due to a massive French victory in the 1730's, wouldn't Acadia and maybe much of Nouveau France become part of this new nation as well (just food for thought)?

any place where I can find a good map for something like this?

Just now, Tigerdovefan34 said:

any place where I can find a good map for something like this?

I didn't realize just how divergent from RL this scenario actually was unless your last post. I will have to consider.