270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dallas

Tennesse Senate 2018

With Incumbent Senator Bob Corker retiring and the political landscapes favoring the anti-establishment candidates, many political strategists are seeing this race as very competitive. Marsha Blackburn, well-known conservative activist and representative of Tennessee's 6th Congressional District, has declared her candidacy. In her announcement, she cited her frustration with how many Senate Republicans act like Democrats, and the intention to make the Republican majority act as one. Andy Ogles, former Director of the Tennessee chapter of Americans for Prosperity, has also declared his candidacy citing his background of being a committed Conservative Christian. In these uncertain times and  given the turmoil within the Republican Party, this race is very much a wild card. Who will come out on top and become the next Senator from Tennessee? 

Who would be interested in a Tennessee Senate 2018 scenario? 

4 hours ago, Dallas said:

With Incumbent Senator Bob Corker retiring and the political landscapes favoring the anti-establishment candidates, many political strategists are seeing this race as very competitive. Marsha Blackburn, well-known conservative activist and representative of Tennessee's 6th Congressional District, has declared her candidacy. In her announcement, she cited her frustration with how many Senate Republicans act like Democrats, and the intention to make the Republican majority act as one. Andy Ogles, former Director of the Tennessee chapter of Americans for Prosperity, has also declared his candidacy citing his background of being a committed Conservative Christian. In these uncertain times and  given the turmoil within the Republican Party, this race is very much a wild card. Who will come out on top and become the next Senator from Tennessee? 

Taylor Swift! :P

No, just kidding! I must admit to having a significant detriment of knowledge of politicians from Tennessee of late. Corker, Fred Thompson, Al Gore, and Lamar Alexander would be the only ones in my lifetime (and I'm 41) I know much at all about. But I do look forward to seeing more.

As someone living in TN, I would love this! Mae Beavers has announced her candidacy as well.

It would most certainly take a little while to make. Given all of the counties, population votes, and other things I need to and want to add. But I can do it if everyone would be interested in trying it.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:22 AM, Dallas said:

Who would be interested in a Tennessee Senate 2018 scenario? 

Here :D

I'm definitely interested @Dallas.

I live in TN too; I've been working on a TN Gubernatorial 2010 scenario, so once its done resources will be out to help. I hope Haslam runs for Senate...

21 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

I hope Haslam runs for Senate...

I hoped that too, but he ruled out the possibility :( http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/10/05/bill-haslam-announces-us-senate-decision/732198001/

Thanks for the feedback. It has been awhile since I have changed the coordinates/ added new coordinates. therefore it may take awhile. However, I do plan to make this happen!