270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Soviet Collapse 1989-1990 - The Death of a Great Beast

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

When I'm finished my current two scenarios I'm working on, I plan a set of 14 scenarios by Congress Infinity (because, given the logistics of how these elections ended up working, regardless of how elections in the USSR and it's component/successor republics worked before or after this historically important transitional period, I feel it's the most evocative TheorySpark game to cover them), which will include the 1989 Soviet Congress of People's Deputies Election, the 1990 Russian Congress of People's Deputies Election, and 11 other Union Republic Supreme Soviet elections in 1990 (as, ultimately, there was no real competition or opposition in the 1990 Kazakh, Tajik, or Turkmen Supreme Soviet elections, despite what was going on in the rest of the disintegrating country), and, finally the 1990 Congress of Estonia election, which occurred a month prior to the 1990 Estonian Supreme Soviet election, and was viewed as just as important and pivotal, though the mandates, purposes and meaning were different, but, after Estonian independence a Constituent Assembly with specifically an equal number of members from both bodies met in September 1991 and drew up Estonia's new Constitution).

Sounds interesting.

25 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Sounds interesting.

Agreed. 

I can try to help resource-wise.

Though I still want my Catalan campaign done.

18 hours ago, Patine said:

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

When I'm finished my current two scenarios I'm working on, I plan a set of 14 scenarios by Congress Infinity (because, given the logistics of how these elections ended up working, regardless of how elections in the USSR and it's component/successor republics worked before or after this historically important transitional period, I feel it's the most evocative TheorySpark game to cover them), which will include the 1989 Soviet Congress of People's Deputies Election, the 1990 Russian Congress of People's Deputies Election, and 11 other Union Republic Supreme Soviet elections in 1990 (as, ultimately, there was no real competition or opposition in the 1990 Kazakh, Tajik, or Turkmen Supreme Soviet elections, despite what was going on in the rest of the disintegrating country), and, finally the 1990 Congress of Estonia election, which occurred a month prior to the 1990 Estonian Supreme Soviet election, and was viewed as just as important and pivotal, though the mandates, purposes and meaning were different, but, after Estonian independence a Constituent Assembly with specifically an equal number of members from both bodies met in September 1991 and drew up Estonia's new Constitution).

How Image it going. 

1 hour ago, Presidentinsertname said:

How Image it going. 

Splitting image? You know that wasn't a news or documentary series right? Also, there never was a USSR General Election in 1987. The last one prior to 1989, which was under the old rules that all candidates had to be approved and nominated by the CPSU explicitly (which meant they all ran unopposed in their own constituencies) had been in 1984, when Konstantin Chernenko was still General Secretary of Politburo and the Secretariat of the CPSU (and thus head of the country), even though he hacking and coughing and dying and often bed-ridden at that time.

@Patine I think he meant "This is how I imagine it [the 1990 election] going"

22 hours ago, Patine said:

Splitting image? You know that wasn't a news or documentary series right? Also, there never was a USSR General Election in 1987. The last one prior to 1989, which was under the old rules that all candidates had to be approved and nominated by the CPSU explicitly (which meant they all ran unopposed in their own constituencies) had been in 1984, when Konstantin Chernenko was still General Secretary of Politburo and the Secretariat of the CPSU (and thus head of the country), even though he hacking and coughing and dying and often bed-ridden at that time.

it was a joke.