270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
King_Tilden

Minnesota Senate 2008 (President Infinity)

I'm surprised no one has tackled this yet (Searched both here and the 270soft download site). This one looks to be a fun one to simulate (By virtue of MN Independence Barkley's OK showing, and the infamous closeness), and MN hasn't really been tackled that much in general in Infinity.

County vote totals: http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?year=2008&fips=27&f=0&off=3&elect=0&class=2

Any thoughts?

Phase: Pre-Alpha

Done:

Set Map

Description

Listed Endorsers, News

Need to do: 

Set up people (Preferably Coleman, Franken and Barkley first)

Timeline

County-by-county

Thumbnails

If time permits:

Primary candidates

Aldrich/Niemacki

What-ifs

22 minutes ago, King_Tilden said:

I'm surprised no one has tackled this yet (Searched both here and the 270soft download site). This one looks to be a fun one to simulate (By virtue of MN Independence Barkley's OK showing, and the infamous closeness), and MN hasn't really been tackled that much in general in Infinity.

County vote totals: http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?year=2008&fips=27&f=0&off=3&elect=0&class=2

Any thoughts?

The Gubernatorial Elections would interest me more, especially the ones when Jesse Ventura and then Tim Penny Minnesota Independence Party candidates.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

The Gubernatorial Elections would interest me more, especially the ones when Jesse Ventura and then Tim Penny Minnesota Independence Party candidates.

NC 2016 was the closest gubernatorial this election, that would be fun to play.

11 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

NC 2016 was the closest gubernatorial this election, that would be fun to play.

I may be getting old, @Reagan04, but a cutting edge, immediately recent or on the horizon election isn't all that interest me in these scenarios, or even usually so. :P

@Reagan04 @Patine While there have been many interesting Gov races over the years ('16 NC, '15 KY, '14 MD, '13 VA are some good recent ones), what inclines me toward MN Senate '08 (And close senate ones in general), is that Gov races are over-represented in the fan-made scenarios, and there are some good Senate runs out there (i.e. '16 PA, '14  NC, '10 DE (if Castle had actually won) '98 NV, '74 NH seems awfully tempting) that haven't seen the light of day.

11 hours ago, Patine said:

I may be getting old, @Reagan04, but a cutting edge, immediately recent or on the horizon election isn't all that interest me in these scenarios, or even usually so. :P

Well, that is fine too, Washington Gubernatorial 2004 was awfully close, one of the closest in American History.

Endorsers:

Pres. George W Bush

VP Cheney

Sen. Barack Obama

Ex. Gov. Jesse Ventura (Lock Barkley)

Gov. Tim Pawlenety

Lt. Gov. Carol Molnau

AG Lori Swanson

Sen Mark Dayton

Sen. Norm Coleman (Lock Coleman)

REP Tim Walz

REP John Kline

REP Jim Ramstad

REP Betty Mccolum

REP Keith Ellison

REP Michelle Bachman

REP Colin Peterson

REP Jim Oberstar

I like how this is going.

Are you making the campaign?

How much is made I may be able to help with Issue Icons. (I assume you have a map.)

I have one if you need it.

18 hours ago, King_Tilden said:

@Reagan04 @Patine While there have been many interesting Gov races over the years ('16 NC, '15 KY, '14 MD, '13 VA are some good recent ones), what inclines me toward MN Senate '08 (And close senate ones in general), is that Gov races are over-represented in the fan-made scenarios, and there are some good Senate runs out there (i.e. '16 PA, '14  NC, '10 DE (if Castle had actually won) '98 NV, '74 NH seems awfully tempting) that haven't seen the light of day.

I will admit that nowadays I prefer U.S. Senate scenarios to be all the seats up for election in that year by CI. That's not condemning others' work, just my personal preference.

which ones are which @King_Tilden It depends what size I'll need to make the images.

1 minute ago, King_Tilden said:

Thanks. I have a map, just need some issue icons and Thumbnails (DFL, MN Independence, Coleman, Franken, Barkley, others can be just party thumbnails).

I have the logos on hand of the DFL, MN Independence, and the official logo of the Minnesota affiliate of the GOP (and their Green and Libertarian affilates, for that matter). I had gathered then for some planned Gubernatorial elections at some point.

15 minutes ago, King_Tilden said:

Thanks. I have a map, just need some issue icons and Thumbnails (DFL, MN Independence, Coleman, Franken, Barkley, others can be just party thumbnails).

If you'd like those logos (I can also thumbnail them to candidate portrait dimensions too), just PM me your email address.

Moving Primaries to If Time Permits:

1. Hard to find much info on them

2. Let's face it, I doubt anyone would want to play a Erickson Vs Shepard Vs Dahn run on purpose. Besides, there is a reason that Keith Russel Judd isn't in many 2012 PI or PF maps.

3. If/When I do make them, they would have downright ABYSMAL stats.

I'd be interested in Primaries.

22 hours ago, King_Tilden said:

Be warned: They might have Landon 1936 odds (Hint:Not Readers Digest), and low stats. Anyway, ITP is still in the doable category, just not a top priority for the project. 

I just emailed you the Minnesota Party logos in party, large candidate, and small candidate dimensions, including some Minnesota Parties you may not need for this particular scenario, but might find future use for.

40 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Any news here? @King_Tilden

I emailed him the State party logos I'd offered, then much more recently sent a PM to see if he'd gotten and used them. I've heard nothing.