• Fmr. State Chief Justice Roy Moore
    • Sen. Luther Strange
    • Rep. Mo Brooks
    • State Sen. Trip Pittman
  2. 2. Republican run off

• Fmr. State Chief Justice Roy Moore
    • Sen. Luther Strange
  3. 3. General Election

• Fmr. State Chief Justice Roy Moore (R)
    • Att. Doug Jones (D)

1 hour ago, Patine said:

@Conservative Elector 2

I'm afraid I don't really know anything about of any of these politicians. I can't give an informed answer.

Luther Strange is a Jeff Sessions Conservative Republican

Moore is a Steve Bannon Nationalist Conservative Republican

Both terrible choices. I don't know the other candidates. 

21 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Luther Strange is a Jeff Sessions Conservative Republican

Moore is a Steve Bannon Nationalist Conservative Republican

Both terrible choices. I don't know the other candidates. 

I hate to say it, but Luther Strange, just by the name alone, sounds like the real identity, or alter ego, name of a comic book villain. :P

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

I hate to say it, but Luther Strange, just by the name alone, sounds like the real identity, or alter ego, name of a comic book villain. :P

Some of the names I've seen while making scenarios are John Loser and William Bias. Apparently the first one is pronounced lowser though.Funny that a dude called Luther is running in a heavily Protestant state on the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. 

With Jones being a civil rights attorney, and Moore being a Bannon style Republican, I feel this election will become more nasty.

On 9/29/2017 at 12:10 AM, Sunnymentoaddict said:

With Jones being a civil rights attorney, and Moore being a Bannon style Republican, I feel this election will become more nasty.

Except Moore isn't Bannon style at all. He is an Evangelical, not Alt-Right.

17 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Except Moore isn't Bannon style at all. He is an Evangelical, not Alt-Right.

Fair enough(this the 10 commandments judge).What I meant to say, is Moore is attracting men like Bannon to campaign for him. We can disagree on wither or not, he is alt-right (Moore), but Bannon is; and Bannon isn't afraid on stirring cultural resentment. That's what I intended to state.

7 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Fair enough(this the 10 commandments judge).What I meant to say, is Moore is attracting men like Bannon to campaign for him. We can disagree on wither or not, he is alt-right (Moore), but Bannon is; and Bannon isn't afraid on stirring cultural resentment. That's what I intended to state.

Even that last assumption regarding Bannon is questionable.

9 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Even that last assumption regarding Bannon is questionable.

About Bannon stirring up resentment? If he's not fear-mongering, rabble-rousing, and speading wild conspriracy theories, then what is he doing that liike he's doing exactly what I just stated? Is it some Machiavellian feint or act for some complex, higher goal that's not readily apparent? Is he preparing the release of a massive April Fool's Joke months in advance? :P

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

He's one of their founding ideologues.

"The alt-right, or alternative right, is a loosely defined group of people with far-right ideologies who reject mainstream conservatism in favor of white nationalism. White supremacy..." - Wikipedia. Bannon doesn't fall into either of those categories.

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

"The alt-right, or alternative right, is a loosely defined group of people with far-right ideologies who reject mainstream conservatism in favor of white nationalism. White supremacy..." - Wikipedia. Bannon doesn't fall into either of those categories.

Corrected a mistake there.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

"The alt-right, or alternative right, is a loosely defined group of people with far-right ideologies who reject mainstream conservatism in favor of white nationalism. White supremacist" - Wikipedia. Bannon doesn't fall into either of those categories.

He has promoted and encouraged quite a few white supremacist and xenophobic ideas, especially while running Breitbart, but he also has ties to Stormfront.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

He has promoted and encouraged quite a few white supremacist and xenophobic ideas, especially while running Breitbart, but he also has ties to Stormfront.

I have not seen evidence backing up your claim that Bannon has ties to Stormfront. What ideas exactly are you referring to?

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I have not seen evidence backing up your claim that Bannon has ties to Stormfront. What ideas exactly are you referring to?

I am NOT digging through vile cesspool websites of hatred, stupidity, social venom, misinformation, false pride, and complete lack of education to find the quotes to prove this points. There are certain lows I will not decend to just to prove I'm right in an argument on the Internet.

Just now, Patine said:

I am NOT digging through vile cesspool websites of hatred, stupidity, social venom, misinformation, false pride, and complete lack of education to find the quotes to prove this points. There are certain lows I will not decend to just to prove I'm right in an argument on the Internet.

I'll look it up then and tell you what I find.

Are there racist people involved in the alt-right? Absolutely [there are], Look, are there some people that are white nationalists that are attracted to some of the philosophies of the alt-right? Maybe. Are there some people that are anti-Semitic that are attracted? Maybe [some anti-Semites are attracted]. Right? Maybe some people are attracted to the alt-right that are homophobes, right? But that’s just like [how], there are certain elements of the progressive left and the hard left that attract certain elements [of these same kind of people]." - Bannon to Mother Jones at Republican Convention.

The context of that quote indicated that by "alt-right" he means anti-Goverment and not neccessarily white nationalist

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Are there racist people involved in the alt-right? Absolutely [there are], Look, are there some people that are white nationalists that are attracted to some of the philosophies of the alt-right? Maybe. Are there some people that are anti-Semitic that are attracted? Maybe [some anti-Semites are attracted]. Right? Maybe some people are attracted to the alt-right that are homophobes, right? But that’s just like [how], there are certain elements of the progressive left and the hard left that attract certain elements [of these same kind of people]." - Bannon to Mother Jones at Republican Convention.

The context of that quote indicated that by "alt-right" he means anti-Goverment and not neccessarily white nationalist

A deceptively, circumspect, roundabout way of speaking that to many ears sounds like showing disapproval of these elements and disavowing them and distancing himself from them, but if you read it VERY and follow every word he actually denies no outright criticism of an of the mentioned ideologies being in the movement nor once criticizes such ideolgies nor denies, at all, being part of any of them or sharing their beliefs. Very cleverly written. It's too bad I'm not fooled.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

A deceptively, circumspect, roundabout way of speaking that to many ears sounds like showing disapproval of these elements and disavowing them and distancing himself from them, but if you read it VERY and follow every word he actually denies no outright criticism of an of the mentioned ideologies being in the movement nor once criticizes such ideolgies nor denies, at all, being part of any of them or sharing their beliefs. Very cleverly written. It's too bad I'm not fooled.

Very off from reality:http://www.newsweek.com/breitbart-claims-it-not-alt-right-and-neither-steve-bannon-652518