270soft Forum
vcczar

Preference Poll (either/or) #1

Preference Poll (either/or) #1  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If forced to pick one over the other, which would you choose?

• Every branch of government filled with intellectuals and the ideals of intellectuals
    • Every branch of government filled with anti-intellectuals and the ideals of anti-intellectuals
  2. 2. If forced to pick one over the other, which would you choose?

• Every branch of government filled with fundamental right-wing Christian conservatives
    • Every branch of government filled with agnostics and atheists
  3. 3. If forced to pick one over the other, which would you choose?

• Every branch of government filled with billionaires
    • Every branch of government filled with people who aren't interested in personal wealth, and have never made more than $45,000 a year

Just a fun hypothetical poll

Please post your thoughts as you answered these. 

1. Anti-Intellectuals

2. Christians. (Atheism has just become too edgy. Biased question anyways.)

3. Billionaires. Poorer people will definitely be interested in personal wealth and more easy to corrupt(Biased question, intentional or not).

31 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

1. Anti-Intellectuals

2. Christians. (Atheism has just become too edgy. Biased question anyways.)

3. Billionaires. Poorer people will definitely be interested in personal wealth and more easy to corrupt(Biased question, intentional or not).

The questions were meant to be polarizing, I don't see how they are biased in any way. 

In regards to question #3, I am speaking of the Congress being filled with poorer people that also happen to not care about personal wealth. many of those people exist. I make less than $45,000 and I have no desire for personal wealth outside my basic needs, or I could have easily applied myself to become wealthy. I know there most be at least 1,000 people or more that are like me. Corruption is generally tied to money, so I think the people that happen to be "poorer" and uninterested in wealth are probably less likely to be corrupted. Since a major--if not THE major--incentive for corruption is not there. 

In regards to question 2, I was going to just put agnostic, but since I am including a fundamentalist version of Christianity, I thought I would also include atheists, who do not believe in a religion at all, rather than the agnostic that doesn't really think about it, or doesn't know whether or not a God exists. 

I meant biased in question two because of the 'Right-Wing' part. Of course adding that in will make all left wingers vote atheist. 3 was unintentionally biased because of the righteous way it paints poor people as opposed to billionaires.

I agree with @ThePotatoWalrus on question 3. 

If the choices had been: 

1. Every branch of government filled with wealthy and affluent businessmen (1M+) who are experienced at making profits with the highest efficiency possible and have no need for further personal wealth. 

2. Every branch of government filled with people who have never earned 45k a year

Obviously there would have been some bias, yeah? It's not that your bias was intentional, but simply calling one side "billionaires" and the other getting a longer description about how good of people they are is in itself an argument for the latter choice. 

1 minute ago, Rodja said:

1.Intellectuals

2.Atheists

3.Billionares

Technocratic plutocrat! :P