270soft Forum
RP Overlord

1988 Roleplay

From my opinion, as a candidate turned observer, this whole thing has just brought out the worst in everyone. It was good early on, as @Kingthero said, but I've just watched as things have gotten more and more bitter and cold as it's progressed, ironically some of the behaviour on here mirrors the vitriol of a real life campaign. It's a true shame it's ended this way (although it hasn't actually ended yet), and I hope that in '92 everything goes more harmoniously

21 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Meta: I love how everyones being so hostile lol; I aint Somberg level hostile at all. Instead of whining further, I decided just to drop out on my own terms. I loved the RP when it began, but in my opinion it swayed away from what I was hoping itd become. And ofc its not about winning, or I would have stayed in. Its about my love of politics; simply put, old Bob Dole got angry at the evolution of politics and boom, dropped out. @RP Overlord seriously though, I don’t understand the hostility. I have been mad at you a few times, but multiple times you told me things and they just didn’t come out true in the long run. Its not my place to keep asking you to change the way you do your RP. I mean hell, you have even stopped addressing some complaints, like public endorser placement and such. Its all good man, I hope you do know that. I am hurt at the hostility, and its a total shame it even came to that.

I regret having to attack people as rigorously as I did. I had to do something to stand out and catch up after 2 months of being on the RL campaign trail and just not being here....1992 will be less agressive....

1 hour ago, Kingthero said:

Meta: I love how everyones being so hostile lol; I aint Somberg level hostile at all. Instead of whining further, I decided just to drop out on my own terms. I loved the RP when it began, but in my opinion it swayed away from what I was hoping itd become. And ofc its not about winning, or I would have stayed in. Its about my love of politics; simply put, old Bob Dole got angry at the evolution of politics and boom, dropped out. @RP Overlord seriously though, I don’t understand the hostility. I have been mad at you a few times, but multiple times you told me things and they just didn’t come out true in the long run. Its not my place to keep asking you to change the way you do your RP. I mean hell, you have even stopped addressing some complaints, like public endorser placement and such. Its all good man, I hope you do know that. I am hurt at the hostility, and its a total shame it even came to that.

OOC : I'm sorry it's just it's a lot of work to have on one person, i hope you still intend to help me on 1992, i shouldn't have lashed out, but I'm doing my best here with it being the holidays. 

36 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

OOC : I'm sorry it's just it's a lot of work to have on one person, i hope you still intend to help me on 1992, i shouldn't have lashed out, but I'm doing my best here with it being the holidays. 

Could we get some updated polls?

Just now, RP Overlord said:

ooc: Are you sure you want to quit, I'll be better I swear, it'll just take longer for updates?

I would say with the Holidays a 3 day RP Recess may be prudent.....

Just now, RP Overlord said:

I was about the suggest that myself. 

I would say post endorsers Talk to Thero figure it out post some polls with the change and we will reconvene on the 26th....maybe keep debating when we are around but take a 3 day recess from posting? 

Its too much work to rejoin; I do not look forward to posting anymore events. Hell, we've done this for so many months the events aren't even unique anymore. I feel like I am literally repeating the same things at this point, and its blowing the fun value. That is one of the reasons why I dropped out and endorsed Reagan; he's still enthusiastic about popping out events regardless of how repetitive they seem to be. The big killer was that like I have told you and Reagan in the past is that things are getting dry. I am also sick with the flu, and spending an hour a day on events and another hour on the wiki right now does not seem like a good combo.

Edit: I would love to see things change for the better, but you can do that without me. I mean, to be fair, Stassen will even up with Robertson in some of the later states anyway because you have a specific formula, and honestly I would just like to see a 1992 fresh restart with nothing new added in and a more dynamic atmosphere. I feel you started this out very statistically and formulated, and when you progressed you tried to make it more dynamic but kept the stale formulas.

Edit2: Also, didn't you say you wanted to rap things up by mid December? I bet the reason it didn't was because you were busy and didn't have enough time to progress it; regardless, I think having 1992 start with extra help would make it way better. And, for the sanctity of this RP, I think we should get to 1992 asap.

I am sick so my thoughts are all gooey, but I honestly feel like 88 has got to end quick. If I am wrong, maybe I ain't thinking straight. 88 has felt more like a testing grounds for you making your RP better, and now that all the bad failures are catching up a fresh start would be the best option.

I'm still really enjoying it :/

9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I'm still really enjoying it :/

Ik

"That is one of the reasons why I dropped out and endorsed Reagan; he's still enthusiastic about popping out events regardless of how repetitive they seem to be."

41 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

I am sick so my thoughts are all gooey, but I honestly feel like 88 has got to end quick. If I am wrong, maybe I ain't thinking straight. 88 has felt more like a testing grounds for you making your RP better, and now that all the bad failures are catching up a fresh start would be the best option.

That's true this was the first RP I've managed, although some things fell off the rails but it went better than I thought. 

33 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Ik

"That is one of the reasons why I dropped out and endorsed Reagan; he's still enthusiastic about popping out events regardless of how repetitive they seem to be."

That is why my events got so short....not enough that is interesting....

March 19th Polls

Colorado 

Pat Robertson 54%

Harold Stassen 44%

Connecticut 

Pat Robertson 52%

Harold Stassen 46%

Delaware 

Harold Stassen 50%

Pat Robertson 48%

New York 

Harold Stassen 51%

Pat Robertson 47%

1 minute ago, RP Overlord said:

March 19th Polls

Colorado 

Pat Robertson 54%

Harold Stassen 44%

Connecticut 

Pat Robertson 52%

Harold Stassen 46%

Delaware 

Harold Stassen 50%

Pat Robertson 48%

New York 

Harold Stassen 51%

Pat Robertson 47%

I like those Polling Numbers...

John Kasich announces run for Governor of Ohio in 1990

"Today I want to talk about the future, this will be my last term in the House of Representatives, I will be traveling across Ohio to get to know the voters in the state, not only Republicans... but also Democrats. We need to bridge this divide we have."

@Sami @jdm06ltd @Reagan04 @jvikings1 @WVProgressive

5 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

"Today I want to talk about the future, this will be my last term in the House of Representatives, I will be traveling across Ohio to get to know the voters in the state, not only Republicans... but also Democrats. We need to bridge this divide we have."

(Free Event)

-Stassen speaks in Columbus on Kasichs anouncement-

"I am glad to see John Kasich finally running for Governor, and I am happy to come campaign for him"

10 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

Dukakis endorses John Kasich

"I am here to endorse John Kasich. A man who has the integrity and is perhaps one of the most bipartisan members of Congress. I'm sure he'll make a great Governor. I hope that my endorsement shows that Micheal Dukakis doesn't care about party but rather the individual who is the most qualified to run."

Duakakis campaigns for Al Gore

"Al is the candidate that will try to work with the Congress. He'll compromise on issues that face every day Americans and will be a great president if he is elected."

General Election Polls

Gore V Robertson V Turner V Fulani V Paul

Al Gore 46%

Pat Robertson 41%

Ron Paul 5%

Lenora Fulani 2%

Ted Turner 2%

Gore V Stassen V Turner V Fulani V Paul

Al Gore 45%

Harold Stassen 42%

Ron Paul 4%

Ted Turner 3%

Lenora Fulani 2%

Robertson announces Vice President Pick with President Reagan in Los Angeles, California (Free Event?)

I have run a long and hard race. And I am so proud of the work we have done in this campaign. We have united a wave of Conservative Grassroots the likes of which have never been seen before. The people are roaring against an establishment that has never worked for them and won't continue to work as long as it remains the establishment. That is why with great joy I announce that right here and right now we are adding the biggest momentum to that wave headed right to D.C. We are uniting the Divided Republican Party and we are uniting the Conservative movement under its only two leaders we have running. That is why with great pride I announce Bob Dole as your next Vice President! Crowd cheers Next to me stands President Reagan, a Republican who won in LA, how about that! Crowd cheers even louder My friends, this is the revolution, the grassroots revolution Y'all have been waiting for. We have President Reagan, Sen. Dole, myself, and we have to get Vice President Bush out here soon crowd roars in agreement. We are the folks on the Conservative front line fighting the battles every day. I could not be prouder than to have this team at my side, the President, and Vice President duos for today and tomorrow. Our movement is now one, and it is time to take it to the Democrats in November! That is why I call on Mr. Stassen to drop out so that we may finally unite as one and finally build our government  crowd chant takes over : OF, FOR, AND BY THE PEOPLE!

Because of all the commotion happening both IRL and in game I am just going to do some quickies today.

Robertson and Reagan talk Taxes in Albany, New York

We can continue the growth we've seen in my Administration. Pat is the man who can get that done/

Robertson and Reagan talk jobs in Cincinnati, Ohio

Our Job market is booming and if you want that to continue then you need to elect Pat.

Robertson and Gibson talk Grassroots in Bakersfield, California

I endorsed Pat because I thought he was the right choice for the party and the People. I was right! The grassroots have risen up and won the soul of the GOP again, now let us drive right on to victory! That happens here in California!

Dole talks Unity in Lancaster and Allentown, Pennsylvania

It is just about time for our Party to come together. It can do that under Pat. This is the new Conservative Grassroots path for the Party and I am proud to stand with Pat on the ticket fighting to make that happen.

Robertson campaign airs Conservative Leadership ad in Pennsylvania

Reagan: When I was first elected Governor in 1966, I got right to work in the state of California. Nancy can tell you that. But this is not about me and my time, this is about the coming years for America.

You see, the most important quality that a leader should have, in my book, is, of course, leadership.

The only candidate with the kind of Conservative Leadership we need now is Pat Robertson.

Dole: I endorsed Pat and am proud to be on the ticket because he is the kind of leader we need.

We cannot capitulate our American Duties to those who would lead us poorly down the wrong path.

Reagan: That is why I ask you to vote for Pat as you have voted strongly for me many times over the past 3 decades. I ask that you have that same trust and faith in Pat, because I know I do. It is the time we take a stand for what we believe in, time we take a stand for Pat!

Both: So get to the polls and Vote Pat!

Pat: Because America's Future depends on it.

22 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Robertson campaign airs Conservative Leadership ad in California

Reagan: When I was first elected Governor in 1966, I got right to work here in the state of California. Nancy can tell you that. But this is not about me and my time, this is about the coming years for America.

You see, the most important quality that a leader should have, in my book, is, of course, leadership.

The only candidate with the kind of Conservative Leadership we need now is Pat Robertson.

Merv Griffin: Pat is a man for the people. He isn't a career politician and he knows what is best for America.

Chuck Norris: He has all the hallmarks of a strong leader. He isn't afraid to stand and fight for America.

Mel Gibson: He is exactly the man we need as our President now, the strongest leader of all the candidates.

Reagan: That is why I ask you to vote for Pat as you have voted strongly for me many times over the past 3 decades. I ask that you have that same trust and faith in Pat, because I know I do. It is the time we take a stand for what we believe in, time we take a stand for Pat!

All: So get to the polls and Vote Pat!

Reagan and Pat: Because America's Future depends on it.

OOC: Tragically, Mel Gibson and Chuck Norris were rock solid endorsers in 1988, but nowadays, with Mel Gibson's rants, gaffes, and erratic behaviour (I actually agree with those who suspect mental illness) and Chuck Norris just being arbitrarily targeted by the Internet community as the butt of a whole ridiculous tirade of meme jokes through no fault or wrongdoing of his own (I feel sorry for Chuck Norris, there), neither could be realistically taken seriously as an endorser today. It's amazing how individuals' reputations can fluctuate unpredictably like that, and, in some cases, through no actual action of the person in question.