270soft Forum
RP Overlord

1988 Roleplay

1 minute ago, jdm06ltd said:

As I have said I am an on Call delivery Driver for one of the 5 busiest bars in North Pittsburgh, and an RL political activist, I dont know when I am going to be working at the bar....I can work for an hour a day or I can work for 10 hours just depends on how busy it is....

I go to school for 8 hours a day, I work 5 days a week about 7 hours average, and usually get called in early. I get your schedule may be a bit more dynamic, but you can always type stuff on a google doc and post them when you get the chance. It helps if you gotta do something quick, and you can just pick up where you left off.

4 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

I go to school for 8 hours a day, I work 5 days a week about 7 hours average, and usually get called in early. I get your schedule may be a bit more dynamic, but you can always type stuff on a google doc and post them when you get the chance. It helps if you gotta do something quick, and you can just pick up where you left off.

((we can created a discord for our rps))

With individual channels for each person's events to keep em organized, a polling channel, an endorser channel, a news channel. Be pretty great

-Jack Davis talks Energy with Stassen in Tampico, IL, Supports Drilling in IL-

"We can create jobs drilling here, Gore would never agree to drill for oil, cause it ain't huggin' trees. Time to create jobs"

-Henry Hyde supports School vouchers with Stassen in High School auditorium in Springfield IL-

"You should coose what schools your kid goes to, the federal government shouldnt pick for you"

-Harold Collier goes door to door with Stassen in North Chicago-

-Harold Stassen and Wally Herger speak in Novato, CA, talks regulations-

"The only way to make sure we create the jobs and generate Revenue here in Califonia, so everyone has more money, is to deregulate everything we can..."

-PA Steel Workers Union Endorses Stassen (free event) in Pittsburgh, PA at Heinz Hall-

Frank Tantar (union Leader): "Today it gives us great pleasure, to endorse the next POTUS, Harold Stassen"

-Pete Du Pont talks about fishermans Regulations in Deleware, says Deregulation is way to go-

-Bill Roth talks to packed crowd in Deleware, speaks on opposition of Free Trade- 

Runs Ad blasting Gore on Energy in IL, PA, and DE

Gore office:

Bill I own you a medal.

Democratic reaction to last GOP moments:

Well, it seems that Harold is willing to face us, so we're ready to confront him in a debate that will be open to any candidate willing to debate with the Democratic nominee and the next President of the United States!

We are not ashamed to give to the Americans what they want, a clear confrontation of ideas in front of the sovereign, the people.

Dole and Gerald Ford talk 1976 in Denver, Colorado (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

Ford Speaks

Recently, my friend Bob Dole got attacked for his involvement as my running mate in the 'failure' of the 1976 election. I am going to personally vouch for Bob Dole; he was an amazing running mate. His primary focus in my campaign was to appeal to the midwestern and middle class voters. He succeeded, and many of his ideas positively affected our campaign. Dole does not deserve any negativity for his role as my running mate. Thank you to all of you good folk out there that recognize that the loss was not Dole's fault; and to those that for some odd reason think so, let me say this. I was the person running for President, and I am vouching for my running mate.

Dole Speaks

I truly thank Gerald for clearing up any confusion with this issue. I worked hard during the campaign, and Ford has and will continue to vouch for me. I believe that the qualities of mine that made Ford choose me as a running mate are going to be the same qualities that lead me to being a great President for our nation.

Dole and Nixon Challenge the Media in Colorado Springs, Colorado (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

Nixon Speaks

I can not stand for the absurdity of the media's treatment of Dole. You know what, I admit it; I deserved the hellfire from the media for Watergate. That was my responsibility. However, Dole is one of the damn best men I have ever met. You say he has done poor things in the past? Everyone does poor things in their lives. Dole genuinely cares about the American People, and that should shine past his previous failures. My challenge to the media? If you are going to give a good-hearted honest man hell, then you better give the other candidates that deserve worse the same attention. It seems like a puny attempt to hurt Dole instead of an unbiased analysis of the field.

Dole Speaks

I don't know what else I have to add to Nixon's statement; I second his challenge!

Dole and Ford talk Organization in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

Ford Speaks

Bob Dole has some of the strongest organizational skills out of the many men and women I have worked with. Throughout his campaign, he has made sure to leave room open for the input from the American People. Many citizens have reached out to Dole's campaign, asking questions and making comments on his progress. Dole and his team have been answering these questions and replying to the comments on a daily basis, and I got a first hand glimpse at this process the other day. What typically goes on is that the lower level staffers answer questions there are answers too, and comments as well. If they can't or if the comment is worth moving up among the ranks, the next level of staffers addresses them. Sometimes, it even reaches Dole, who makes a personal statement himself. This is a good sign from a person running for the role to lead Democracy, and I am glad I am involved in his campaign.

Dole Speaks

Thank you Mr. Ford. And to you all in the audience today unaware of this process Ford describes, let me explain it! If you go out and mail or visit any Dole campaign office, our staff will address your questions, comments, and concerns. Through the administrative process previously described, we will get to your input! I personally have made thousands of statements so far, and am ready to continue doing this. The voice of the American people is a voice I truly care about, and I want to make sure you all know that.

Dole and Nixon talk Chinese Relations in Madison, Wisconsin (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

Today I am here with Richard Nixon, one of the strongest men I know on foreign policy. He had to make many decisions throughout his presidency, many for good, and sadly some for bad. However, the good that he did deserves recognition. Nixon was strong on foreign policy, and had diplomacy grasped within his hand. Our relationship is something that has definitely been fragile due to our anti-communist wars. However, the Vietnam War was years ago. It is time for us to build relations, relations that will be key to the future of our country on a global scale.

Dole and North talk about Kentucky and Gibraltar in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Free Event due to Newspaper)

These events were tragic. Firstly, let us talk Kentucky. When an accident claims the lives of Americans, it is horrendous. The thought that the accident could have been avoided, and the knowledge that you can't blame the death on a purposeful cause really add on to the situation by making it hurt worse. I am sincerely saddened by this event, and I lend myself out to the families that were affected by this tragedy. I will be there for you if you wish to reach out to me. On Gibraltar, I am deeply saddened at the situation that occurred. I brought with me Oliver North, an experienced military mind that will describe the situation and express his opinions.

North Speaks

Combating terrorism is always a tough mission. We go into a mission always expecting suspects of being armed and dangerous. However, this situation was not the case. This was not an ordinary operation; this was in sense an intelligence operation. Normally clothed operatives murdered three unarmed people suspected of terrorism. This is truly a terrible crime. The fact that the operatives went in stealthily means that they had plenty time to figure out the situation. If the operatives actually cared out innocent lives, they would not have killed these people. They had plenty of time to figure out the situation. These murders were a terrible act of selfishness!

Bush and Specter talk Gun Control in Erie, Pennsylvania (1/2 HPE w/ Surrogate)

Today Arlen and I went out to Erie to talk about guns. We both hate gun control; guns are a right to the citizens of Erie and the rest of the United States. There are many conflicting arguments from pro and anti gun control advocates. However, here is the honest truth; it is written in law to let our citizens have guns. While we do support a gun registry program so that the People register firearms, there should be little to no means to gun control otherwise. Dole is the strongest gun candidate, and he will protect your guns!

Bush and Rumsfeld talk the Military in Chicago, Illinois (2/2 HPE w/ Surrogate)

The military is what protects us from foreign, and sometimes domestic, conflicts. It is key to the security of our nation. This means that we need to fund it well. However, there are multiple arguments that we fund them too much. While most of these claims are false, there is a reason for us to make the military efficient, and therefore cost less to maintain. We don't and shouldn't cut the essentials, but we should save money where we can. Dole stands for the military, and will make sure that they are well represented.

1 hour ago, Kingthero said:

Feels so good to get legit events out again.

(OOC: Great tactical answer for Ford! 

How god I won't ever finish my work -_-)

Lenora Fulani meets Union Workers in Lancaster Pennsylvanian 

Fulani: Today in america the working man is being raped! With trade deals ending jobs overseas and trickle-down economics Reagan has abandoned the people he claims to fight for. As your president I will end this betrayal of the american worker!   

Lenora Fulani gives speech in New York City 

Fulani: Today in America we need to come together. Gays Blacks Progressives Hispanics Women and unite to fight for our rights and I promise to you I not cave on the rights of any oppressed person in our country. We have a lot of inequality in america but the utmost is income inequality. Reaganomics has only made the rich richer and left the poor destitute gutting our national insurance and running up billions in military budget! Rather than trying to bomb and kill our way out of our problems lets invest in america!  

Lenora Fulani holds rally in Los Angeles CA

Fulani: 37 million. That is how many Americans are uninsured 18 million of them in working families. in a country where we spend 312 billion dollars to send people to war why cant we spend that money to help people. I'm sick and tired of private insurance company trying to save a couple dimes than saving lives. It's time to go the way of Europe and guarantee Health-care as a fundamental human right! If we can find money to kill people, we can find money to help people.

20 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Lenora Fulani meets Union Workers in Lancaster Pennsylvanian 

Fulani: Today in america the working man is being raped! With trade deals ending jobs overseas and trickle-down economics Reagan has abandoned the people he claims to fight for. As your president I will end this betrayal of the american worker!   

Lenora Fulani gives speech in New York City 

Fulani: Today in America we need to come together. Gays Blacks Progressives Hispanics Women and unite to fight for our rights and I promise to you I not cave on the rights of any oppressed person in our country. We have a lot of inequality in america but the utmost is income inequality. Reaganomics has only made the rich richer and left the poor destitute gutting our national insurance and running up billions in military budget! Rather than trying to bomb and kill our way out of our problems lets invest in america!  

Lenora Fulani holds rally in Los Angeles CA

Fulani: 37 million. That is how many Americans are uninsured 18 million of them in working families. in a country where we spend 312 billion dollars to send people to war why cant we spend that money to help people. I'm sick and tired of private insurance company trying to save a couple dimes than saving lives. It's time to go the way of Europe and guarantee Health-care as a fundamental human right! If we can find money to kill people, we can find money to help people.

OOC: Ah, yes. Fulani's no holds barred style of campaign speeches. "The working man is being raped!" She was a different sort of American politician than mostly tends to exist today.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

OOC: Ah, yes. Fulani's no holds barred style of campaign speeches. "The working man is being raped!" She was a different sort of American politician than mostly tends to exist today.

OOC: sorry got a little carried away and wrote what I thought was appropriate :unsure:

1 minute ago, WVProgressive said:

OOC: sorry got a little carried away and wrote what I thought was appropriate :unsure:

OOC: No, no, no. It's appropriate to Fulani. I doubt Bernie Sanders would go nearly that far, but it's keeping in character. ;) 

March 10th Polls

Connecticut 

Bob Dole 54%

Pat Robertson 30%

Harold Stassen 14%

Colorado 

Bob Dole 45%

Pat Robertson 39%

Harold Stassen 15%

New York 

Bob Dole 52%

Pat Robertson 29%

Harold Stassen 18%

Wisconsin 

Bob Dole 46%

Pat Robertson 35%

Harold Stassen 15%

General 

Dole V Gore V Fulani V Turner V Stassen 

Al Gore 43.8%

Bob Dole 42.9%

Harold Stassen 6.1%

Ted Turner 4%

Lenora Fulani 1.1%

Robertson V Gore V Fulani V Stassen V Turner 

Al Gore 45.8%

Pat Robertson 40.1%

Harold Stassen 7.6%

Ted Turner 3.5%

Lenora Fulani 0.8%

Robertson and Ted Nugent in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; talk Jobs

You know, it is just about the time that we elect an anti-establishment for President. I think we have a spitting image of a warrior for the People in Pat Robertson. I come from just across the Lake, over in Michigan. I don't come from rich blood, but I am so blessed to have folks who have pushed me forward in my music. And you know what, the government didn't give me that. My job and my hard work and determination did. That is what we need nowadays. Big Government has taken that away from the hardworking people of Wisconsin. What we need to do now is rejuvenate that spirit. We need to cut taxes and take away from Government, give back to the Blue Collar people like You, people like Pat and I are the ones fighting for that because we know what it is like! Together we can get a government working for you! A government of for and by the people! Now God Bless Y'all!

Robertson and Mel Gibson in Green Bay, Wisconsin; talks Economic Growth

Poor folks in this country are hurting. You know before I became an actor I grew up in a Small town in New York. I made it big with hard work and determination but the government seems to be taking that away now. It is trapping working blue collar folks in a storm of taxes and regulations. Pat is looking to end this terrible progression of events. It has become embarrassing how many people are laid off and I am downright sick of it. My Dad lost his job at the local factory when I was young looking for work in California. Our family had nothing at the time. We were able to lift ourselves out of it, well now the government doesn't want that to happen. The government wants to enslave people having a tough time in taxes and regulations, they don't want them to ever get out of Government Debt. Well enough is enough! We need to rise together to push Pat to victory in order to restore our American Spirit! To form a government of for and by the people! God Bless!

Robertson and Phyllis Schlafly rally rural voters in Marinette, Wisconsin

There is a lot of talkin about Big City issues this campaign. Which is good, because our industries are being crushed by DC, but you know what else is as well? Our farms! Our farms are being stamped out by DC's regulations and taxations of the poor. We cannot let this continue to happen. And while the government runs your farm int the ground they begin to lay siege to your values and beliefs making it illegal to be Christian in public schools and slapping Marriage and Life right in the face. Well, it is time for D.C.'s little power grab to end. Our rural folks have had it up to here with the war on their income and their culture. We need to take back our government and I stand here ready to do that for Y'all! I am so proud to have one of my best friends Phyllis Schlafly up here, I a true Working Class warrior for the people. It is about time we show DC what the grassroots is made of. We are just about ready to throw out the establishment and put in a government of, for, and by the people! God Bless!

Robertson talks Gun Rights in Colorado Springs, Colorado with Fmr. Gov. John A. Love

When you're Governor of a state, you get to know it rather well. And one thing I have always loved about Colorado is how much it loves it's right to bear arms. I personally have quite the collection and loved going hunting with my fellow Coloradans back when I was in Denver. But it appears the government no longers likes it when its citizens exercise our constitutional rights. It is now all the rage to regulate the rights and lives of perfectly law-abiding citizens. That can't happen here in America. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave and I refuse to let Washington establishment elites trample on our rights. That is why we need Pat Robertson to be our President. He is the President that will defend our rights and will defend the state of Colorado from Washington miles away. We cannot let our Conservative path be besmirched by a DC that will take us down the road of Liberalism. Elect Pat Robertson and form a Conservative Grassroots, a government of, for, and by the people!

Robertson campaign airs Blue Collar Support ad in Wisconsin

D.C. has betrayed the American people. The people of Wisconsin. It is now time for us to fight back.

How? Elect Pat Robertson. Pat is the man who will fight for your jobs and fight the outsourcing of American labor. 

We must stand with Pat, we need to stand with a man who cares for the state which we love and more importantly, for its people.

Pat will cut taxes and regulation and end the war on our Culture. Vote Pat to restore our values and to end D.C.'s crusade against the working man.

Vote Pat to form a government of, for, and by the people!

Endorsed by Americans For Tax Reform and National Right to Life

Dole Runs Veterans Ad in Wisconsin

To the American People,

The Government should serve those that serve the country.

This is a very strong belief of mine; it is our job to protect our veterans.

I have met with veterans across the nation.

I have been endorsed by veterans, veteran groups, and military personnel.

I served our country during World War II.

I am a veteran myself.

I have many important qualifications to serve our veterans.

Vote Dole for a President that will protect our Veterans!

Dole and Michel Talk Unity in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

Michel Speaks

We have constantly discussed how much of a unifying force Dole is during our congressional actions, but we have not so much discussed how he will unite the People himself. Well, I am proud to say that I am confident in Dole's skills to address the population of our great country. If he can unify two parties of rowdy congresspeople, then he can unite a country. 

Dole Speaks

Thank you Robert, and today I am going to discuss a general outline of how I plan to unite all the American People. Firstly, uniting the Republican People is the assumed easy path; however, uniting the Republicans would only unite about 40% of the country. We need to do much more than this. We need to unite not 50, not 80, but 100% of the American People. How do I plan to do this you may ask? Well, I plan on introducing policy that will undergo examination by a group of advisers I will hire from across America; blue collar workers, businessmen, families, all sorts of people. I will hire advisers I disagree with just for the sole purpose of making sure I get as many viewpoints as possible. This group of advisers will lead me to represent the greatest amount of the American People I can!

Dole and Representatives from the NFIB Talk Business in Madison, Wisconsin (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

Thank you all for showing up! Today, I decided to host a meeting between me, my friends from the NFIB, local businesses, and you all! Today's event is dedicated to hearing the problems and issues that face our businesses and our consumers. Today, I will be walking around, greeting business owners and consumers, and hearing you out. I want to serve you all, not just own the title of being President. Being President is not just a title; it is a serious commitment. I am seriously committed to becoming President, and I am glad that I have the support of business.

Dole and Schultz talk Foreign Policy in Denver, Colorado (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

Schultz Speaks

Thank you for coming out today. I have come to a realization recently how hard I am on foreign nations. Obviously, I do this for the benefit of our country, but sadly this has led to some serious problems, like the whole Contra scandal. I do take responsibility for my role in this whole situation. However, someone I know that would be much more open to both the American People and the World is Bob Dole. He has the demeanor that would represent our country well, as he would make sure that everyone is treated fairly. He would also make sure that the American People come first, always. It is important to protect the American People, and I completely believe that Dole is the best person for President.

Dole and Rockefeller talk Money in Aurora, Colorado (1 Event w/ Surrogate)

Today I have brought Rockefeller with my to talk about money. Obviously, many people in the United States hate the rich. However, people like David Rockefeller have earned the respect of the American People by showing that they are not all about the money. David and I came here to talk about my campaign's financing. Obviously, there is no campaign without money. However, I have made sure that my campaign funds are not wasted. I have no interest in wasting the money donated to me by Americans all across the world. I only spend my campaign funds efficiently, which means I do not waste a single dollar. Every dollar I spend is for the benefit of the campaign and the American People, which is something I love about my own campaign. 

Bush and Ailes promote Dole in Chicago, Illinois (1/2 HPE w/ Surrogate)

A core to any campaign is communication. That is why I am here in Chicago with Roger, a man I know and trust to work media in a campaign. We are here to basically spread the issues and beliefs of Dole here in Chicago. When you all got here, you got handed pamphlets. In these, you will find a general outline of what Dole wants to bring to Chicago and the rest of the country. Read my lips folks; Dole cares about you. If any of you have questions, please ask them away. This event is for you all, the People. 

Bush and Ailes promote Dole in Erie, Pennsylvania (2/2 HPE w/ Surrogate)

Erie is known as a city with just about everything. If you come visit Erie, you can visit theme parks, the beach, or even just some of the great works of art! Today I met with a young girl (my mom lived here) and she loved horses. I was surprised at first, because I wondered how a city like Erie could still have that rural feel. However, she explained to me how just outside of Erie, there are many forests and open fields for horseback riding and other rural activities. Erie is truly the home of just about everything. Dole and Erie share that very important trait; he represent everything as well, but as a man representing everyone. He truly wants to make sure every American is treated well and fair, which is why I love supporting such a man. Please, if you haven't considered Dole already, just in your own time evaluate all the candidates. If you look at all the candidates, more than likely you will find that Dole is the man that appeals to you the most.

stassen and Jack Davis Campaign in Springfield, IL

"Al Gore is bad for your wallet, he will regulate our economy to death and undo all of what Reagan has accomplished in our leaps and bounds as a country"

Harry Collier and Harold Stassen go door to door in Rockford, IL.

-Stassen and Henry Hyde speak on, School vouchers in Peoria, IL-

"Al Gore will want to tell you what schools your kids go to. Do you really want the federal government to tell you what you can and can't do?"

-Stassen and Clint Eastwood Speak in Los Angeles, talk Foreign Policy-

-Dick Thornburgh goes door to door in PA for Stassen in Mckean County-

-Donald Ritter Speaks on Tax Rates in Columbia County, slams Gore-

Ooc: short cause I am running into work...

Will do Ad and John Heinz Turn later. 

Al Gore comments:

Harold forgot to add that if the Democratic Party wins, the USSR will annex our Country.

The audience laughs.

However I still ask Pres Reagan to clarify the internation situation with the Eastern Countries.

-John Heinz Campaigns for Stassen in Luzerne County-

"Coal is an important part of our economy, in PA, no coal, no steel, no oil, no jobs for Pennsylvania. We need our industry jobs, we are after all, the gateway to New England. And for us Coal and Steel work."

-Heinz campaigns in Harrisburg talks about ending foreign Aid-

-Heinz goes door to door in Lycoming County-

-Stassen Campaign Runs ad in Illinois focuses on Foreign Aid-

-Stassen appears on TV in his Navy Garb-

"Hey folks, commander Harold Stassen here, Al Gore supports foreign aid but then will turn around and tell you are economy is on the wrong track, so if Al Gore is right why are we using foreign aid to take care of people on other countries when we cant even take care of our own?"

"I say no more foreign aid. Because your money is too important to invest in any country but our own"

"I'm Commamder Harry Stassen...."

"I'm Senator John Heinz...."

Together: "We approve this message"

Vote Stassen/Heinz '88

Endorsed by Harry Collier

Endorsed by Jack Davis

Endorsed by Henry Hyde

Endorsed by Clint Eastwood

Endorsed by the Heritage Foundation

Endorsed by Ron Paul

March 11th Polls 

Illinois 

Bob Dole 48%

Pat Robertson 31%

Harold Stassen 16%

Nebraska 

Pat Robertson 40%

Bob Dole 40%

Harold Stassen 15%

New Mexico

Bob Dole 46%

Pat Robertson 33%

Harold Stassen 16%

Vermont 

Bob Dole 54%

Pat Robertson 30%

Harold Stassen 14%

1 hour ago, jdm06ltd said:

-Stassen Campaign Runs ad in Illinois focuses on Foreign Aid-

-Stassen appears on TV in his Navy Garb-

"Hey folks, commander Harold Stassen here, Al Gore supports foreign aid but then will turn around and tell you are economy is on the wrong track, so if Al Gore is right why are we using foreign aid to take care of people on other countries when we cant even take care of our own?"

"I say no more foreign aid. Because your money is too important to invest in any country but our own"

"I'm Commamder Harry Stassen...."

"I'm Senator John Heinz...."

Together: "We approve this message"

Vote Stassen/Heinz '88

Endorsed by Harry Collier

Endorsed by Jack Davis

Endorsed by Henry Hyde

Endorsed by Clint Eastwood

Endorsed by the Heritage Foundation

Endorsed by Ron Paul

OOC: I don't know if Clint Eastwood would openly endorse someone who has, or had openly declared at least seriously considering having, Strom Thurmond as a running mate. He could make a lot of unnecessary enemies in Hollywood, which could sabotage his career very seriously.