270soft Forum
RP Overlord

1988 Roleplay

12 hours ago, Somberg said:

OOC: May Ferraro speak at the DNC as the runner-up for the nomination?

OOC: I am okay!

We will follow the normal process of a nomination but I will love to RP the Convention

Al Gore in preparation of the DNC Convention:

Well...this is going to happen...

Let's prepare some first spectacles!

Al Gore in California with Harrison Ford:

Well, good luck Senator Ford! I attend to see you soon in Senate! You will do a great job!

I know you're interested about the Israël case  and that will be included among our manifesto for America.

Al Goe in Arkansas with Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton @CalebsParadox

We're proud of Hillary!

She will become one of the greatest democratic figures among our party ranks for the Congress!

And she will be among the Democratic figures who, like me, will get a blue Arkansas this year!

Al Gore in West-Virginia with Joe Manchin:

151025153924-03-bush-v-gore-gore-exlarge

I am here to tell you to vote for Joe Manchin!

Joe is a new democratic figure that will bring fresh conception of what the coal workers need and he's not from D.C., he's from the grounds of this rich and noble land what is yours!

Go Joe for West Virginia!

Ted Kennedy meets with Denise Giardina in West Virginia talks about potential future in "We the People" Movement.

"Denise ran an incredible campaign that got the people of West Virginia excited to be a part of the political process. "

Ted Kennedy campaigns for Caroline Kennedy and Al Gore in New York City, New York

"We have two brilliant young citizens on the ballot both for President and Senator, New York I know we can beat Trump and the Republicans who have destroyed our economic opportunity for our children by tripling our deficit. It's time to say enough is enough! "

34,000 young people including candidates of "We The People" flock to Atlanta, Georgia for Democratic Convention!

Robert Byrd cleared of charges on money laundering vows to win reelection as Republican

@Reagan04 @Sami @Somberg @LegolasRedbard @Kingthero @SeanFKennedy @WVProgressive @jvikings1 @jdm06ltd

7 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

@Reagan04 can Bush speak at the convention?

To serve as a distraction while his old CIA buddies quietly "clear the field and make it look like an accident?" :P

Ooc: Just a rundown on how the conventions go, each convention is 3 days, you each get 4 speakers per day plus a Headline Speaker each night, (1at night is keynote speaker, 2nd is VP nominee and 3rd is the nominee themselves. You may assign other users in your party to play the role of a speaker of you choose. The convention schedule is in @Sami and @Reagan04 hands now. Good luck and have fun.

OOC: Okay!

So!

@TheLiberalKitten speaks second

@Sami speaks third

Who would like to be the Speaker? Among @CalebsParadox as Bill Clinton or @SeanFKennedy as Ted Kennedy (Sen Dem Maj Leader)

It depends of you! The most willing will be :P.

I think that @Somberg could make a speech in the final day or before if you want but it would be special to underline the speech of Ferraro as a political candidate for N.Y. and also former Democratic candidate for the presidency more than the speaker :P.

Could we have thems about the Convention or we find them for each day @RP Overlord?

1 minute ago, Sami said:

So!

@Sami speaks third

Who would like to be the Speaker? Among @CalebsParadox as Bill Clinton or @SeanFKennedy as Ted Kennedy (Sen Dem Maj Leader)

I think that @Somberg could make a speech in the final day or before if you want but it would be special to underline things

Could we have thems or we find them for each day @RPOverlord?

Ted Kennedy May actually have the duty of Handling Role call....

4 minutes ago, Sami said:

So!

@Sami speaks third

I think that @Somberg could make a speech in the final day or before if you want but it would be special to underline the speech of Ferraro as a political candidate for N.Y. and also former Democratic candidate for the presidency more than the speaker :P.

Could we have thems about the Convention or we find them for each day @RP Overlord?

OOC : All up to you , we'll skip to the Republican Convention after the DNC.

6 minutes ago, Sami said:

So!

@Sami speaks third

( Sounds good to me! Just let me know when I speak :P )

Pre Democratic Convention Polls

National 

Al Gore 46.1%

Pat Robertson 43.8%

Ron Paul 5.4%

Lenora Fulani 1.9%

Ted Turner 1.2%

Arkansas 

Pat Robertson 45%

Al Gore 45%

Ron Paul 6%

Lenora Fulani 2%

Ted Turner 1%

California 

Al Gore 47%

Pat Robertson 44%

Ron Paul 5%

Lenora Fulani 3%

Ted Turner 1%

Florida 

Pat Robertson 46%

Al Gore 45%

Ron Paul 6%

Lenora Fulani 1%

Ted Turner 0%

New Hampshire 

Pat Robertson 48%

Al Gore 45%

Ron Paul 4%

Lenora Fulani 2%

Ted Turner 0%

North Carolina 

Pat Robertson 46%

Al Gore 44%

Ron Paul 6%

Lenora Fulani 2%

Ted Turner 1%

Pennsylvania

Al Gore 46%

Pat Robertson 43%

Ron Paul 5%

Lenora Fulani 2%

Ted Turner 1%

Tennessee 

Al Gore 48%

Pat Robertson 41%

Ron Paul 6%

Lenora Fulani 1%

Ted Turner 1%

Virginia 

Pat Robertson 49%

Al Gore 40%

Ron Paul 5%

Lenora Fulani 3%

Ted Turner 1%

1988 Democratic National Convention opens in Atlanta Georgia:

finale-of-the-1992-democratic-convention

Aleady we see the supporters from We The People at the Convention.

family-healthcare-advocates-at-the-1992-

Democratic leadership room, behind the stage:

Well...Ted this is your moment.

We agreed on 3 major moments, today we talk about the legacy of the Reagan era.

Tomorrow we talk about our program for America.

Then the third day will end with one simple question, Why the Democrats?

You will talk first by a speech from you then Bill will be able to talk as well as our Vice Presidential nominee, Michael Dukakis.

Rep Ferraro could join us and if so she will talk during the second or the final day.

Finally I will talk, I already know what I am going to say.

It's your turn Ted, you've been an amazing star of this party during these primaries, put fire in this Convention!  @SeanFKennedy

@RP Overlord I'd like to make the keynote speaker Reagan, would I then have to write his speech?

Ted Kennedy gives Keynote Speech at DNC in Atlanta, Georgia

"Fellow Democrats, I am so proud to look out at the convention floor and seeing thousands of young faces, this is just proof that the Democratic Party has an incredible future. Now I've dedicated my life to fighting for the workers of America, and now i have full confidence in Al Gore and Mike Dukakis, the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans who will put the Reagan years behind us . Always remember the dream never dies! Thank you!"

@Sami @TheLiberalKitten sorry it's short I'm at work

Donald Trump blasts Republican Party

"I am obviously very disappointed in our candidate, also the Republican Party has given me no support whatsoever, I don't know if I can beat Mrs. "Help me Uncle Ted" Caroline Kennedy. It's a real shame I tell you.

Day 1st: 4 Dem events @RP Overlord

The Democrats will vote the Dem manifesto

Membership fees are abolished within the Democratic Party for every US citizen between 18 and 25.

A vote is held on the necessity of superdelegates for the next Convention (this vote will be crucial for the Dem primary in the 1992 RP so).

The Democratic Primary will accept to reduce entrance fees for Labor unions which accept to deal with the DNC (also important)

July 18th Polls

General 

Al Gore 45.0%

Pat Robertson 41.8%

Ron Paul 6.2%

Lenora Fulani 1.8%

Georgia 

Al Gore 43%

Pat Robertson 43%

Ron Paul 7%

Lenora Fulani 3%

Illinois 

Al Gore 46%

Pat Robertson 41%

Ron Paul 6%

Lenora Fulani 2%

Iowa 

Al Gore 44%

Pat Robertson 43%

Ron Paul 5%

Lenora Fulani 2%

New York 

Al Gore 51%

Pat Robertson 38%

Lenora Fulani 5%

Ron Paul 4%

South Carolina 

Pat Robertson 46%

Al Gore 42%

Ron Paul 6%

Lenora Fulani 1%

Texas 

Pat Robertson 44%

Al Gore 43%

Ron Paul 9%

Lenora Fulani 1%

Diversity speech at the Convention: (before the speech of Michael Dukakis @TheLiberalKitten)

Bill Clinton

120605_3_bill_clinton_ap_328_605.jpg

I do believe that our party is going to win.

Democratic Leadership in Arkansas prooved that we could take back Conservative fields as long as we were delivering a clear and decent political message.

maxresdefault.jpg

Because the workers and the youths of America can now believe into a new and fresh team, made by Moderate and progressists that will

john-anderson-independent-presidential-c

Create an amazing wave and an amazing moment that will clearly end an era of raising poverty.

For that it takes a strong coalition made of many people, who could believe that We stand with Al? And even more that WE STAND WITH THE DEMOCRATS!

Dukakis addresses Democratic Convention as VP Nominee

Dukakis steps up to the podium and then smiles at the huge crowd. 

"Thank you. Thank you all for your support. I want to thank the delegates, the voters and the DNC. 
My friends, a year ago I was thinking about running for president because of the failures of the Reagan administration, I ran a campaign that focused on the issues facing the middle class and all Americans, and while I didn't win the Democratic nomination I am proud to be here as your Vice Presidential nominee. 

Cheers erupt as Dukakis smiled at the crowd. 

"Several months ago, when I withdrew from the race and stopped campaigning I had three decisions. I had the choices of endorsing Sen. Al Gore or Rep. Geraldine Ferraro or to stay in the race as a candidate to take votes from either candidate. I stayed neutral until I decided that the best candidate was Al Gore. You see I didn't really know Al before 1987, and as we both campaigned for the nomination I got to meet him and we both became very good friends. Al has a vision for America and it is better then the vision the Republicans have, I mean just look at where Ronald Reagan has gotten us, a huge deficit, wasteful spending and years of making the middle class poorer and the rich richer. The Democratic party is the party of the future, we are the party with an open tent. We want to make a economy that works for everyone not just the wealthy and corporations.Al Gore has a plan! And he and I will come up with bipartisan solutions for all the problems facing our country. We are going to reform our education system, hold teachers accountable and try to improve public education.
I hope that you all will support us and that you'll campaign for us as it'll be a tough campaign season. Thank you everyone and goodnight." 

@RP Overlord I have a.schedule being drafted focusing on speakers and the platform. But my Grandpop is on his deathbed so it'll be a second for th gop to publish the schedule.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

@RP Overlord I have a.schedule being drafted focusing on speakers and the platform. But my Grandpop is on his deathbed so it'll be a second for th gop to publish the schedule.

My greatest condolences to you and your loved ones.

9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I've already lost all four of my grandparents, my father, and one of my uncles, so I understand what this is like. My condolences.