270soft Forum
RP Overlord

1988 Roleplay

9 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Meta: I love how everyones being so hostile lol; I aint Somberg level hostile at all. Instead of whining further, I decided just to drop out on my own terms. I loved the RP when it began, but in my opinion it swayed away from what I was hoping itd become. And ofc its not about winning, or I would have stayed in. Its about my love of politics; simply put, old Bob Dole got angry at the evolution of politics and boom, dropped out. @RP Overlord seriously though, I don’t understand the hostility. I have been mad at you a few times, but multiple times you told me things and they just didn’t come out true in the long run. Its not my place to keep asking you to change the way you do your RP. I mean hell, you have even stopped addressing some complaints, like public endorser placement and such. Its all good man, I hope you do know that. I am hurt at the hostility, and its a total shame it even came to that.

Hey mate I hope I did not hurt you with the ad of the Democrats in the RP

It was a common tactic decided but nothing bad :(

I know you was not talking to me of course but I wanted to be clear with you.

I am seriously well placed to understand what you can live xD even more that between the 14th and the 22nd december I passed 700 pages of work

It can't be totally good without you, I can't loose my GOP clone :(

Al Gore office:

Well...Robertson has completed his ticket.

I waited enough I do believe.

We will be able to announce who will be the next Vice Presidential running mate soon.

Al Gore calls to the VP then to the Party:

Or do we want to hold the Convention? Pat risks to locks up quickly as he got the delegates of Dole, he only needs 1 or 2 big states and it's done...

Should I go to MSNBC?

Al Gore endorses John Kasich:

I support John Kasich as long as he accepts to seriously be independent of partisanship!

Al Gore announces his VICE PRESIDENTIAL RUNNING MATE ON CNN @RP Overlord @Reagan04 @LegolasRedbard @CalebsParadox @SeanFKennedy @TheLiberalKitten @jdm06ltd @Kingthero (as you continue as VP :))

hqdefault.jpg

Journalist:

So you decided to announce your Vice Presidential Running mate on CNN...why now?

Al Gore: Because I promised a Progressist Vice Presidential Running Mate, that's why I need to take my speech before the Convention.

Journalist: We've few names...who is he?

Al Gore: I choosed Gov Michael Dukakis to be my Vice Presidential running mate! He has the experience, the charism and the conviction to be a strong help for this country, he gives hopes to millions of people and he will be a great balance to keep me aware of our first duties.

CNN BREAKING NEWS: AL GORE CHOOSES FORMER GOV MICHAEL DUKAKIS AS HIS RUNNING MATE

Journalist: Well these news will probably shock the left candidates who had hopes in the fact that you're quite Moderate.

Al Gore: I am no longer a moderate or a liberal, I am the spokesperson of the democratic party for our election, and if I win, I will be the President upon the divisions.

I want to add that I am sad for Sen Dole, we passed many legislations in Congress together, he is a wise man and probably one of the hardest opponents I would have face, but this will be a victory year for the country because we will win!

Journalist: We're up to see the declaration of Vice Presidential nominee Michael Dukakis. ( @TheLiberalKitten )

Then later:

Al Gore in his office:

You manage Fulani, I manage Robertson!

It's your time my friend, show your motivation for the US, our ticket can win this election!

I have to call later to Senator Kennedy... he is a strong friend and I want to promote him inside the party and in the Nation.

Upon hearing the news of being picked by Al Gore as his running mate Dukakis called him and thanked him. "I'll give it my all." 

Dukakis makes his first campaign stop in Boston, Massachusetts. 

"My friend's who would have thought that the son of a Greek immigrant would have been given the chance to be the Democratic party nominee's running mate. I gladly accept Al Gore's offer to be his running mate!" 

Cheers fill the rally as Dukakis smiled. 

"This ticket is the most qualified and bipartisan ticket that we have had in a long time. We will work hard with both parties to get things done and solve the problems facing our country. We will cut wasteful spending, balance our budget and we will try our hardest to give children the health care they deserve. I look forward to seeing you all at the Democratic convention and I wish the Republicans luck as Democrats are united under our great ticket!" 

Vice President Bush endorses Pat Robertson

"We have reached the position now where only one conservative remains in the race. On the Republican side, we have Stassen, a Republican in name only, who I believe is in the race as an agent of the Democratic Party to ensure a Gore victory in November. On the Democratic side, we have Al Gore, a self-proclaimed moderate centrist, well I suppose you have to stick to the centre if you want to be elected as a Democrat in the south, who I am sure will flip to the left when he's elected. We cannot risk compromising the progress we have made under the Reagan Administration. I may not have always agreed with Pat Robertson on everything, but I know that he is the only one left to defend the values this nation was founded on. And that is why I urge anyone who does not want to see our nation lost, vote Pat in your primaries, and then for President!

16 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Vice President Bush endorses Pat Robertson

"We have reached the position now where only one conservative remains in the race. On the Republican side, we have Stassen, a Republican in name only, who I believe is in the race as an agent of the Democratic Party to ensure a Gore victory in November. On the Democratic side, we have Al Gore, a self-proclaimed moderate centrist, well I suppose you have to stick to the centre if you want to be elected as a Democrat in the south, who I am sure will flip to the left when he's elected. We cannot risk compromising the progress we have made under the Reagan Administration. I may not have always agreed with Pat Robertson on everything, but I know that he is the only one left to defend the values this nation was founded on. And that is why I urge anyone who does not want to see our nation lost, vote Pat in your primaries, and then for President!

Really? Cheap shots?

FYI I am about to help Pat. 

-Stassen goes to Sussex County Delaware, for a speech with Pete Du Pont-

"Tonight I come to you once more to speak on taxes, during my time as governor of Minnesota, I lowered Taxes and balanced the budget 5 times. Al Gore believes in the same failed tax and spend policies of Lyndon Johnson and Franklin Roosevelt, policies that help make the great depression worse. I will not raise your taxed a nickle."

-goes door to door passing out 'Anti-Gore' literature, in New Castle County, DE, with Bill Roth-

-Campaigns in Albany NY-

"Great to be here in Albany NY tonight, Al Gore is an extremist when it comes to the environment. He would rather impose job killing regulations that protect the environment and sacrifice jobs, I say not one more job, cut the regulations, and the environmental problems have a way of taking care of themselves in Capitalist societys"

-goes door to door in Buffalo NY-

-Curt Welding slams Gore in Altoona PA-

"An al Gore presidency will cost Pennsylvanians $27,000,000 and 7 million jobs over the course of yhe next 5 years. We simply cannot afford 4 years of Al Gore"

-John Heinz goes door to door for Stassen in Delaware County, PA-

Ooc: plan to drop out and endorse Robertson the day after PA Stassen lived in PA at this point in his life....so it makes sense for him to stay in till then. If that isnt satisfactory too bad. 

RINO LOL @LegolasRedbard almost made me fall out of bed laughing. 

@Reagan04

@Kingthero

Al Gore private call to Sen Ted Kennedy:

My friend, would you be up for accepting to become the Chairman of our party during the election? Then I will give to you everything you want, I have a total confidence in you. @SeanFKennedy

March 20th Polls General Election

Gore V Robertson V Turner V Fulani V Paul

Al Gore 46.4%

Pat Robertson 42.3%

Ron Paul 4.7%

Ted Turner 3.8%

Lenora Fulani 1.1%

Fulani canvasses in Boston

Hello. I'd like to talk to you about why you should vote Fulani\Yarborough. If you think all Americans should be given equal rights. If you are tired of insurance companies caring more about saving dimes instead of saving lives. Or if you believe that any and all necessities should not be profit driven then vote for the two that will work for you! 

Fulani holds rally in New York City 

Though the establishment forces claim me an extremist I ask who really is the extremist! The person that believes every american should be given healthcare as a right. The person that believes that rights apply to everyone not just straight white males. The person who thinks profit driven necessities are one of the most vile stains on our society. Or the people that believe  the opposite!     

Fulani meets coal miners in Harlan County Kentucky 

Workers! Let us give  moment of remembrance to the brave men who gave their life fighting for the working man. ... These hero's are an inspiration for their dedication to the fight for wokers rights! I promise that me and Ralph will carry on their legacy and never give up the fight for the little guy's fight to unionize! 

Senate Announcement @RP Overlord @Reagan04 @LegolasRedbard @CalebsParadox @SeanFKennedy @TheLiberalKitten @jdm06ltd @Kingthero @jvikings1 @WVProgressive

CNN BREAKING NEWS

2016-06-21t11-16-38-733z--1280x720.nbcne

The Democratic Senators switched the position of Senate Majority Leader to SENATOR TED KENNEDY.

Senator Ted Kennedy will become the leader of the Democratic group for the next Senatorial Election of 1988!

It seems that the Democratic leadership is behind this.

We have the confirmation that democratic nominee Al Gore voted for this change.

Al Gore and Senator Ted Kennedy Press Conference

outside-of-the-opera-house-in-downtown-c

I falled in the stairs, but I am still good and I will be able to walk back freely soon!

Some months ago when I was shortly ahead of the polls and that my friend Ted got vicious attacks I told I would always stand with him.

And today I want not only to announce that I am glad that Sen Ted Kennedy becomes the ruler of the Democratic Party for the next Senatorial Election, but I also want to tell that if we Win he will have to choose between serve as Health and Human Services Secretary or continue to serve the Senate as Majority Leader or Minority, but we won't loose the Senate even more with Ted at the head!

-Harry Stassen campaigns in Manhattan with Bill Carney, talks Taxes-

-Stassen talks national Security in Yonkers, NY-

-Stassen talks Regulation in Delaware with Pete Du Pont, Slamd Gore-

-Stassen talks farm subsidies, with Bill Roth in New Castle County, DE-

-John Heinz slams Al Gore on the Environment in Pittsburgh, PA-

-steelworkers Union Leader Slams Al Gore in Butler County, PA-

Runs "Gore is Bad for PA Jobs" Ad in Pennsylvania. 

Dukakis in California, campaigns for Gore

"You know, someone has been campaigning against Al Gore, saying that his environmental policy could lead to  job losses. I don't see how expanding National Park services could lead to job lose. I don't see how monitoring air and water pollution could lead to job lose. There's nothing wrong with protection of the environment, we should be trying to protect the environment and leaving it healthy enough for future generations to enjoy." 

Dukakis campaigns for Gore, talks about the Democratic ticket

"This campaign ticket is perhaps the most diverse. We are committed to working with the Republican party in the House and the Senate to come up with bipartisan solutions that everyday Americans face.  A Al Gore administration will balance our budget, reduce wasteful spending and curve our deficit." 

Democratic National ad: Satyrical

It shows an actor representing Harold Stassen, sleeping in his bed.

Zzzzz.... rrrrrr R al Gore... Rrrrrrrrral Gorreezzzzz... rrrrrRAL GORE

The actor playing Harold gets out his bed:

I SAW AL GORE

The actor playing his wife

What Harold?

The actor playing Harold answers:

I SAW AL, HE'S THERE, HE'S EVERYWHERE!

The music increases with the actor of Harold Stassen going in the kitchen and reading his journal:

MY LOVE! COME IN! IT SAYS THAT THE NEIGHBORS HAVE BEEN STOLEN! IT'S AL GORE WHO DID IT! I SAW HIM!

The wife comes

Oh...Harold don't you think that..

The actor of Harold answers

I TOLD YOU I SAW HIM! IT'S AL GORE!

Some policemen arrive:

We are searching a young kid of 14 years old who took some produces in the supermarket and we wanted to know if you s..

The actor of Harold answers before they end their sentence:

IT'S AL GORE WHO DID IT! I SAW HIM I TOLD YOU!

The wife of Harold tries to calm him back:

Harold...this is nonsence...why Al Gore is everywhere around y...

The actor of Harold turns the face to her then open largely the eyes and shout:

YOU'RE AL GORE TOO! AL GORE KIDNAPPED MY WIFE!

Then the actor of Harold goes in the street and sees faces of Al Gore everywhere, in the magazines, in the faces of everybody he can meet and begins to shout in the street, the arms in the air and the eyes closed:

AL, STOP TO HARASS ME! MAKE ME FREE OF YOUR TERRIBLE POWERFULL AND LEAVE AMERICA ALONE.

Then we Al Gore in his office looking at the camera:

Good evening Am..

The actor of Harold enters in the office and shouts:

IT'S AL GORE!

Al Gore smiles:

Yes it's me...and there is nothing wrong with it.

The Republicans try to find some witches to hunt because their hour of glory is no longer garanted according to the polls.

Rather than being dominated by fear or ridiculours shoutings of terror. Mooving to the windows where a sun is high in the sky: It's time to go forward in a brillant future with the Democrats.

We hear a last shout out of the camera:

WITH AL GORE, AAAAH ALLL GORRREEE.

The joke is ended by a farce from the party itself

Payed by the Democratic Nationalgore Comittee

Robert Byrd switches to Republican Party

" Now I've been a Democrat all my life but the party is simply unrecognizable at this point. I've lost my position of power to a no good far-left liberal from Massachusetts mark my words this will pain the Democratic party in November as it will today as I now it's my intent to switch over to the Republican Party."

@Sami @SeanFKennedy @Reagan04 @jdm06ltd @WVProgressive @jvikings1 @Joshen

Al Gore in his office:

No regret.

Al Gore statement:

Well, Robert Byrd was one of my own support since the first campain, I understand he's angry but he has to live with it. I could have lost this race this won't have maked me a Republican.

There are some things which need to be pointed out:

-1st Robert won't loose his card as Democratic member and the door will stay open.

-2nd: I attend to see him telling to the people of West-Virginia, the poor workers and the poors, how good they will be with economic liberalism of the Reagan years.

I defend some points of this economic liberalism, but not the GOP plan which is too liberal for America.

I am hence, expecting to see him telling to his constituents to re-elect him when he will let them loose their jobs when their industries will be jeopardized that the free hand can save them, good luck of equilibrism.

-3rd, he's the second Republican to have joined my campain and agreed with my plan and we the Democrats are satisfied of it.

Audience laughs, game done.

3 minutes ago, Sami said:

Al Gore in his office:

No regret.

Al Gore statement:

Well, Robert Byrd was one of my own support since the first campain, I understand he's angry but he has to live with it.

There are some things which need to be pointed out:

-1st Robert won't loose his card as Democratic member and the door will stay open.

-2nd: I attend to see him telling to the people of West-Virginia, the poor workers and the poors, how good they will be with economic liberalism of the Reagan years.

I defend some points of this economic liberalism, but not the GOP plan which is too liberal for America.

I am hence, expecting to see him telling to his constituents to re-elect him when he will let them loose their jobs when their industries will be jeopardized that the free hand can save them, good luck of equilibrism.

-3rd, he's the second Republican to have joined my campain and agreed with my plan and we the Democrats are satisfied of it.

Audience laughs, game done.

Ooc: glad he saw the light....

OOC: Which light? Al Gore is a moderate ^^ that's why Michael Dukakis is the Vice Presidential nominee of the Dems

But there hs is mocking the fact that Robert is done with the workers because their ideology is the opposed of the economic liberalism

5 minutes ago, Sami said:

OOC: Which light? Al Gore is a moderate ^^ that's why Michael Dukakis is the Vice Presidential nominee of the Dems

Ooc: In '88 Gore was by the time he ran in '00 he was a far leftist environmental internet inventing WHACKO

And no the light of joining the GOP

1 minute ago, jdm06ltd said:

In '88 Gore was by the time he ran in '00 he was a far leftist environmental internet inventing WHACKO

And no the light of joining the GOP

OOC: So there is no OOC to put in your ahead message as everything is RP :)

I would be glad of being the former Vice President of the USA and have a Peace Nobel Prize but it is not the case :D

Senate Majority Leader Ted Kennedy speaks in response to Robert Byrd

" I hope that my friend decides to rethink his option. I have a great respect for him and the work he is done as our previous Senate Majority Leader but as we move forward. With the We the People movement we have liberals conservatives and moderates all joining and giving young people the opportunity to help shape the future that they will live in. I will accept the position as Senate Majority Leader but I'll be honest I never expected the Democrats in the Senate to do this. Once again I hope Senator Byrd rethinks thinks this and will still be willing to be working with us in the Senate even if he is a Republican."

Democratic Leadership Introduces Joe Manchin as candidate in the Democratic Primary for West Virginia Senate Seat @SeanFKennedy @Reagan04 @jdm06ltd @WVProgressive @jvikings1 @Joshen

o-JOE-MANCHIN-facebook.jpg

Al Gore and Ted Kennedy common rally in West Virginia: Instoring the campain of Joe Manchin as Democratic nominee for West Virginia Senatoral race.

We are sad that our friend Byrd has passed to the Republicans...hence we have invited Joe Manchin, young senator of the State to candidate as new Democratic candidate for the State!

As he's currently unopposed, he will be the Democratic candidate when the last line of candidatures will be passed.

We hope that Robert will think about his decision, but we're proud to present for the Democratic side in West Virginia, one of the best candidates of any tims for this state, Joe Manchin!

497880_o.jpeg

I give the floor to Ted who will better talk for Senate than me, even if we stay mates of the same group!

6 minutes ago, Sami said:

Democratic Leadership Introduces Joe Manchin as candidate in the Democratic Primary for West Virginia Senate Seat @SeanFKennedy @Reagan04 @jdm06ltd @WVProgressive @jvikings1 @Joshen

o-JOE-MANCHIN-facebook.jpg

Al Gore and Ted Kennedy common rally in West Virginia: Instoring the campain of Joe Manchin as Democratic nominee for West Virginia Senatoral race.

We are sad that our friend Byrd has passed to the Republicans...hence we have invited Joe Manchin, young senator of the State to candidate as new Democratic candidate for the State!

As he's currently unopposed, he will be the Democratic candidate when the last line of candidatures will be passed.

We hope that Robert will think about his decision, but we're proud to present for the Democratic side in West Virginia, one of the best candidates of any tims for this state, Joe Manchin!

497880_o.jpeg

I give the floor to Ted who will better talk for Senate than me, even if we stay mates of the same group!

Manchin Endorsed me just FYI

OOC: It does not means he became Republican or I can ask the Senator of Virginia who is Republican and with Gore :)

RP Overlord can interchange if he wants but I am happy of this RP