270soft Forum

@LokiLoki22 yes please we need your news!

Just now, Reagan04 said:

@LokiLoki22 yes please we need your news!

Don't worry, I have plenty. (I have vintage logos for each News source except Fox, which didn't exist in '88)

Dole Responds to Violence in Azerbaijan SSR, Opens Hand to Russia

There is a time when the world must come together as People rather than separate countries, and this is one of those times. The events going on right now in Azerbaijan shows that this is a terrible tragedy between two ethnic groups, and not created by the Soviet Union. Today, I am publicly condemning the murderous actions of all those killing innocent people in the region, and as President I would seek out efforts to send humanitarian relief to the front. This is a matter of protecting innocent lives, not to enhance some political agenda. I believe that the United States and Russia could work together on this issue, and I would be honored to save the lives of People around the world if I had that option.

Minnesota and South Dakota Results!!!!

Republican

Minnesota 

Harold Stassen 34.7% 41,515 votes

11 delegates 

Bob Dole 34.7% 41,192 votes 

11 delegates 

Pat Robertson 31.6% 38,603 votes

9 delegates 

South Dakota 

Bob Dole 41.1% 22,875 

9 delegates 

Pat Robertson 38.7% 22,138

8 delegates 

Harold Stassen 20.2% 11,164

1 delegate

Democratic 

Minnesota 

Geraldine Ferraro 59.1% 74,647

51 delegates 

Al Gore 40.9% 51,660

35 delegates 

South Dakota 

Al Gore 60.8% 13,569 votes

12 delegates 

Geraldine Ferraro 39.2% 8,746 votes 

7 delegates 

@Reagan04 @jdm06ltd @Kingthero @Sami @Somberg

Ooc: I'm pretty sure this is the point where proportional delegates end for republicans.  I'm not positive 

924299bb-f6c5-4004-b85b-8132d0e2968d.png

e22c89c6-615a-4d3b-9724-42879ba2f40b.png

466b4086-a032-4e5f-8327-2784691fc13c.png

d9379501-771c-4a05-a006-b769b0d03f55.png

@RP Overlord Damn, literally just got here, would my final push have done anything?

Just now, Reagan04 said:

@RP Overlord Damn, literally just got here, would my final push have done anything?

OOC :hardly, if I were you I'd focus on Wyoming,  South Carolina and other southern states 

4 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

OOC :hardly, if I were you I'd focus on Wyoming,  South Carolina and other southern states 

Ok thanks, that is what ill do then.

@RP Overlord when?

16 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

February 24th Wyoming Republican Caucus Today!!!

Can I use my turns for my final Push in Wyoming in a different state?

1 minute ago, jdm06ltd said:

Can I use my turns for my final Push in Wyoming in a different state?

Ooc:I don't see why not lol

11 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

So I get 9 nine events plus endorsers right? Also can we have a day-of poll? Thanks a million!

Just now, Reagan04 said:

So I get 9 nine events plus endorsers right? Also can we have a day-of poll? Thanks a million!

Will do

3 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

Will do

Last question, my final push for South Dakota events, do I get to keep those pushing my total up to 12 or have I lose those?

20 minutes ago, RP Overlord said:

OOC: Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of these final push events if they can just be used freely anywhere? They just become three extra free events then and whoever decides to use them for their intended purpose ends up being at a disadvantage since they can't counter them at all without using free endorsement events up.

February 24th Polls 

Republican

Alabama 

Pat Robertson 42%

Bob Dole 31%

Harold Stassen 24%

Florida 

Bob Dole 37%

Pat Robertson 36%

Harold Stassen 20%

Georgia 

Pat Robertson 44%

Bob Dole 30%

Harold Stassen 21%

Maryland 

Pat Robertson 40%

Bob Dole 36%

Harold Stassen 20%

Oklahoma 

Pat Robertson 41%

Bob Dole 32%

Harold Stassen 23%

Virginia

Pat Robertson 49%

Bob Dole 30%

Harold Stassen 16%

Wyoming 

Bob Dole 39%

Pat Robertson 38%

Harold Stassen 19%

Democratic

Alabama 

Al Gore 58%

Geraldine Ferraro 40%

Florida 

Al Gore 49%

Geraldine Ferraro 46%

Georgia 

Al Gore 56%

Geraldine Ferraro 43%

Maryland 

Al Gore 50%

Geraldine Ferraro 47%

Oklahoma 

Al Gore 52%

Geraldine Ferraro 45%

Virginia 

Al Gore 50%

Geraldine Ferraro 48%

Wyoming 

Al Gore 51%

Geraldine Ferraro 46%

5 minutes ago, Somberg said:

OOC: Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of these final push events if they can just be used freely anywhere? They just become three extra free events then and whoever decides to use them for their intended purpose ends up being at a disadvantage since they can't counter them at all without using free endorsement events up.

OOC : I mean in the last day if you campaign in the state of the primary you get a bonus momentum. So if you want to throw away the bonus that's up to the player

Minnesota called at 11:44PM for Stassen at Stassen HQ in St. Paul

-Strom Thurmond takes the Stage at Harold Stassens campaign Victory Party in St. Paul- (Victory Celebration)

"Before I bring Harry out on stage, I wanted to say thank you, to the people of minnesota. For supporting me as the cabdidate for Vice President of the United States of America, next you are going to hear a few words from the Next Secretary of The Treasury Bill Roth"

-Bill Roth comes out on stage to moderate applause- 

"I know you all want to hear from Harry, but I wanted to say thank you to the people of Minnesota for Harry, Strom, and Myself to be your voices in Washington D.C. Now please the man of the hour, Harold Stassen."

"Good people of Minnesota, it brings me great joy to be back in my home town of St. Paul tonight. I would like to thank Minnesota for trusting me as their leader, and I have a huge announcement to make.

I have always been a loyal Republican, and I always supported the Republican nominee......until this year, if I am not the nominee as I believe party heads in the political establishment have rigged this primary against me, and against Mr. Robertson and it is downright wrong. So tonight, I announce that if the party bosses get their way, and I do not win the nomination I will be running as a State's Rights Party candidate in November, and I will win 6 states according to our campaign internals.

I would like to commend the people for rising up and delivering a giant Fu%# You to the Political establishment that has worked so hard to stop us. I am calling on Pat Robertson, good old Preacher Pat, to put your money where your big mouth is and join me in the cabinet position of your choosing on the State's Rights ticket. If you don't, you are a fraud and a liar, and are too blind to see that the Party is rigging the Primary against us. 

I hope this is the first of many Victories for the Stassen/Thurmond ticket in the primaries. And that I do not have to turn my back on the Party. But by screwing me, they are screwing you....the people.

Once again, thank you to the good people of Minnesota, and I am going to send you all home to bed. Goodnight"

-Stassen walked off stage waving to a standing ovation as his team filed out behind him-

@Kingthero

@LokiLoki22

@RP Overlord

@Reagan04

@RP Overlord Those are with Dole's +1 I assume, meaning I can take Florida and Wyoming feasibly. And as I understand it it is all winner take all now?

******PRESS RELEASE*****

Stassen Campaign puts out internals showing he would win 6 states as a Third Party candidate in November, with Victories in Minnesota(by 12), Pennsylvania(by 8), California (by 5), Delaware, South Carolina, and Florida (all by 3).

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@RP Overlord Those are with Dole's +1 I assume, meaning I can take Florida and Wyoming feasibly. And as I understand it it is all winner take all now?

Yes they are winner take all for Republicans now.

4 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

******PRESS RELEASE*****

Stassen Campaign puts out internals showing he would win 6 states as a Third Party candidate in November, with Victories in Minnesota(by 12), Pennsylvania(by 8), California (by 5), Delaware, South Carolina, and Florida (all by 3).

1key4i.jpg