270soft Forum
RP Overlord

1988 Roleplay

-Stassen Campaigns holds Barnstorming in Iowa-

-Stassen holds Rally in New Hampshire-

"The Reagan tax cuts and spending reductions must continue. We also need more education reform." 

Just a small exerpt of Stassens rousing speech....

God....Dukakis is securing Florida with such a promise...if I took something in the Black community I am loosing the most liberal issues on sexual freedom.

I need something, but I can not copy him.

Al Gore healthcare plan during a major rally in NH:

That we need is to work to lower health care costs, provide long-term care for the elderly, reduce infant mortality, and find cures for Alzheimer's and AIDS. But this will only work by two means:

-First Allow public more tax credit to help privates and public compagnies in research.

-Second, Simplify the norms to let the research free of the major federal state Control.

This is not because we want to privatize research, this is only because a lot of lifes are at stake. The only government control would be to determine if the research really move forward, not to bloc its liberty to do it.

(OOC: I support @TheLiberalKitten about it!)

Dukakis in Colorado, slams President Reagan's handling of the EPA

Michael Dukakis: "For the past 7 years President Reagan has mishandled how we protect the environment. I remember back in 1980, when President Reagan was candidate Reagan, he stated that and I quote "Trees cause pollution". I was shocked at how incompetent this man was. He doesn't care about the environment. But in a Dukakis administration, that will change. We will protect the environment while working with businesses to find the best solutions that will benefit everyone." 

Ted Kennedy calls for a healthcare reform while in a rally in Ohio that conservatives are calling "Kennedycare"

"My brother strongly believed in expanding access of healthcare to more people. I say that it is time to make the next step to revitalize our citizens here at home as the Cold War draws to a close. We need to recognize that Healthcare companies can in many ways can turn away people for preexisting conditions. This is personal to me, my brother Jack would have died a bit of not for our family's wealth. No family, here in the greatest nation on Earth should have to go through that. I hope my fellow Democrats join me in calling for healthcare reform." 

Dukakis in Massachusetts, joins Sen. Kennedy in calling for Health Care reform, asks Sen. Gore to help, also asks Massachusetts legislative branch to come up with a bill for health care reform.

Michael Dukakis: "I agree with my friend Senator Kennedy. We need to work with everyone, Republican or Democrats so that our children get the access to health care no matter the cost. We need to get this country fully covered by 2000. It's a radical idea that we want everyone with decent health care, but this campaign isn't about me, it's about the ideas that we as Americans believe in. No one wants someone to die because they don't have access to health care.

As president I will ask Congress to work on a bipartisan way to get everyone decent health care. It's not just one person that could get this done, it's each and every person that must put their part so that we could progress. I would also ask Sen. Gore to help. He could introduce a bill in the Senate along with Sen. Kennedy as a cosponsor. Even if it doesn't pass or President Reagan vetos it. We will at least give it a shot. I would also like the Massachusetts legislators to send me a bill so that Massachusetts could get the health care it deserves. Thank you and good night." 

National Democratic Poll Octobet 10th 

Ted Kennedy 24%

Mike Dukakis 22%

Al Gore 21%

National Republican Poll 

Pat Robertson 23%

Bob Dole 17%

Harold Stassen 15%

OOC

As we move forward on the RP I want to involve as many members possible. This includes journalists and a person to help me decide poll numbers and results. Please tag anyone you think would be interested. 

Dukakis reacts to the latest poll

Michael Dukakis: "The latest polls have at second place behind Sen. Kennedy. But the polls mean nothing until we get the votes. It's a long way to go until the Iowa caucus but I hope voters will continue to support me and my campaign and I'll try everything I can to convince the undecided voters as to why i might be the best choice. I look forward to seeing as many voters as I can before each caucus and primary" 

Pat Robertson hits the ground in Michigan; talks industry

You know what Michigan! The Establishment wants to keep you down, let me tell ya, if you had just 4 more years of the establishment or just 4 more years of a Democrat, then I don't think Michigan would be the powerhouse it is today! I want to keep it that way! I want to lower taxes and I want to fight for you! I will end government welfare to big corporations and end handouts that only keep strong folks dependent on the government! We can't let the President's Conservative Revolution stop now!

Wow...we're yet really close according to that poll. We're risking a divided Convention with such projections.

But none of us can win if we do not show ourselfs as a united party, none of us can win in the end of the race if we pass our time to hit on others, so...maybe it's time to commonly hit on the GOP. However I have to adjust myself and keep my little touch otherwise I can not gain anything, their state is more leftist than mine and even if we're close in the polls the % are really concentrated by geographic zones.

Gore announces he will gladly co-sponsor a bill in which he believes as a moderate Democratic member, and even has something to add.

More than that, he hereby joins his opponents in a walk of protest for improving healthcare conditions and supports the proposal populary named "KennedyCare":

515431558.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

Do you see know how I will pull my little touch?

senator-albert-gore-jr-of-tennessee-anno

I tonight gladly co-sponsor the bill of my friend Senator Kennedy and I am also to proud to have been able to join Governor Dukakis in such a moment which is seriously important for the future of our country as a united nation.

And this is why, that in more of the current bill, which I will bring to the Senate, I invite the 49 others governors, at least the DNC candidates for governorship, to think about the creation in their state about a free choice between a public or a private system for Healthcare insurance.

This idea could accomodate the conservatives to the creation of a public alternative but also bring possible for millions of people to get out poverty, with such garantees the States could manage themself their problems of poverty without any federal intervention, that I will still defend however!

If our first bill does not pass the Senate I will introduce the current idea to the "KennedyCare" to bring possible quite quickly this reform we do need now. I call every Republican to join us in the current fight for Healthcare as Governor Dukakis and Senator Kennedy did.

I can not just risk my side of the DNC, but I did the job they expected for me and I launched an invitation to moderate Republicans, as 49 governors in a different point of view.

Dukakis in South Carolina: Health Care is something everyone needs even if you're rich or poor, talks about heading to the West Coast in a few days, mentions the upcoming debate, gets huge crowd reaction, shouts of the three Democratic candidates could be heard.

Michael Dukakis: "Some of you might call me a Massachusetts Liberal, but let me say this. I know we all want to help our friend that's having a rough time and needs to get to the hospital even if they can't pay for it. 

In my health care plan, that I will encourage Congress to consider, we will have a public option, and if people don't want "socialized medicine" then that's okay, no one is forcing you, there won't be a federal mandate so that you must get health insurance, it's up to you. This will give the states that desire to have health care for all their residents and states that would prefer health care not covered by the government, the best possible options for the residents of each state. For example, if South Carolina...." 

Cheers for mentioning South Carolina ring out.

"If South Carolina decided to accept the public option, they'll get the help they need from the government. And if let's say Georgia decides they don't want a public option, they don't have to accept it. But if a individual in Georgia who wants government sponsored health care, he may get it. So in other words, if people don't want it, they don't have to get it, but for the people that want it. They could get it if they want it. I hope that makes sense. Health Care is a complicated issue, that even the brilliant of minds struggle with.

In a few days, I shall be taking my message to the people of Arizona, Nevada and California, after a few stops in Tennessee and the rest of the South. Who's looking forward to the first debate?" 

Loud cheers for all three Democratic candidates could be heard.

"DUKAKIS!"

"KENNEDY!"

GORE!"

"I know I am!" Dukakis says as he smiled at the crowd, happy to hear how excited they were.

Robertson barnstorms across Iowa; talks Culture War

The institution of marriage is besieged across this nation! We must continue to stop the regressive left from setting our culture ablaze! As President, I will end this charade once and for all by supporting a ban on this fake "marriage"! Join me my friends in opposing these foul measures and supporting traditional marriage! It falls imperative upon us to preserve our morals for our posterity! God Bless You!

14 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Robertson barnstorms across Iowa; talks Culture War

The institution of marriage is besieged across this nation! We must continue to stop the regressive left from setting our culture ablaze! As President, I will end this charade once and for all by supporting a ban on this fake "marriage"! Join me my friends in opposing these foul measures and supporting traditional marriage! It falls imperative upon us to preserve our morals for our posterity! God Bless You!

Besieged? Are people no longer getting married? :P

Ted Kennedy campaigns in Phoenix, Arizona, Detroit Michigan and San Francisco, California 

"Fellow citizens, as we move forward with our new Healthcare plan we must also look to rebuild our infrastructure for the 21st century. We can all agree that if we are going to lead in the 21st century, we should stand out with our new technological infrastructure! "

Strom Thurmond barnstorms in Iowa

Fellow white men and women of Christian faith. We need to start thinking about our own interests as Christians and as whites. I want to scrap all civil rights legislation concerning affirmative action and enable all employers to lead their company with a good Christian conscience, even if that means excluding homosexuals from employment. Our forefathers would shake in their graves if they knew how our very own government has become our own worst enemy. We need to take our country back, attitudes that our people has held for generations is now labeled as extremist and bigoted. To that we gotta say, working for our own interests and not against our consciousness is the most natural and healthy thing that a human being would be occupied by.

Al Gore turn in Florida:

We need to unite back the great coalition this country had! I know there are many people who come here because of the Cuban regime, that is why I offer to simplify law about political refugees, essentially those who are leaving the terrible regime of Castro!

2 minutes ago, Sami said:

Al Gore turn in Florida:

We need to unite back the great coalition this country had! I know there are many people who come here because of the Cuban regime, that is why I offer to simplify law about political refugees, essentially those who are leaving the terrible regime of Castro!

Of course, neglected to mention, that U.S. foreign policy is basically responsible for Castro having the right conditions in Cuba to come to power in the first place, and the embargo made his regime far worse than it otherwise would have been. But it's so easy to demonize Castro alone for all that from the safety of being outside of Cuba. :P

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Of course, neglected to mention, that U.S. foreign policy is basically responsible for Castro having the right conditions in Cuba to come to power in the first place, and the embargo made his regime far worse than it otherwise would have been. But it's so easy to demonize Castro alone for all that from the safety of being outside of Cuba. :P

(OOC: Al Gore introduces Patine's censorship bill xD

Tell me if I can answer in RP to your remarks of if you're trolling us, that is yet pleasant in both ways ^^.)

1 minute ago, Sami said:

(OOC: Al Gore introduces Patine's censorship bill xD

Tell me if I can answer in RP to your remarks of if you're trolling us, that is yet pleasant in both ways ^^.)

Tell you what. I'm a syndicated radio political commentator. You can respond if your character wouldn't consider it below them to address such comments by public statement or ask for an interview. How's that?

Dukakis in Arizona, speaks about education reform. Calls for "Education bill of rights"

"It's great to be here in Arizona. We have such a great crowd. 

Our education system needs some sort of reform, I believe we need to insurance our children's educational future by creating a bill similar to the Civil Rights act of 1964. While schools have desegregated and students of color have integregated with white students, some teachers do not have to worry about if the student fails or actually learns something. I would call this the bill of rights for the future of the education of our children. With this bill, teachers will be held accountable, and our children could get the proper education they deserve." 

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

Tell you what. I'm a syndicated radio political commentator. You can respond if your character wouldn't consider it below them to address such comments by public statement or ask for an interview. How's that?

(OOC: Mmhmmm seems interesting! An interview could be interesting during the campain with 3 major candidates after the debate)

Al Gore hereby answers to the political commentator:

For me the goal of America is to receive every inhabitant of Cuba who lives under tyranny for his political beliefs, America is maybe creating a blocus on Cuba but we do not have to forget that this Isle can bring nuclear missiles close of our towns and countrysides. That this isle is also a pure dictatorship.

The blocus is essential for making fall this regime which does not deserve the least sympathy of the U.S. however I hereby invite all Cubans who are submitted to tyranny or poverty and who are not among the dangerous Communists allied of Castro who are just spreading hate on U.S. to join America.

We always will accept the son of someone who has been killed for being in disagreement with a dictator and who just want to live peacefully.

But the journalist got a point, he stated that US would help to create dictatorship, I hereby want here that the foreign policy of US for the 21st century only promotes democratic regime and no longer try to establish submitted regimes for the future.

Walter Cronkite is coming out of retirement announced as moderator for the first democratic debate.

Democratic moral has boosted with it's party's unity.

Republican Party at this point seems divided.

It is unknown of more candidates are to join the campaign.