270soft Forum
RP Overlord

1988 Roleplay

Dukakis in Ohio, talks trade deals

Dukakis in Iowa, talks farming

Dukakis in Pennsylvania, talks crime

Dukakis in Indiana, talks energy

Dukakis in Massachusetts, responds to Robertson

"You know, when someone mentioned flip flopping the other day it got me thinking. When one flip flops, they change their position because of new knowledge and experience. I don't see anything wrong with flip floppping. This is just an attempt from the Republicans to deflect. Al Gore is a man of integrity and his record shows on what he believes in, just as my record shows what I believe in, sure some of the positions might have changed but hasn't the country changed as well?"

(4 turns yet as I used one I finish as I am the last :P)

Al Gore Law and Order turn accross the South:

Georgia, Florida, Arkansas

Democratic platform:

The Democratic Party is committed to:

-Improve criminal cases cooperation between the local polices.

-Invest in news technologies such as computer science and DNA research to improve capacities of the judicial police.

Al Gore broadcast in California:

In a far far away galaxy named America, a long time ago

The young Senator Al Jr Gore from his planet of Tennessia was struggling in the capital planet of the Confederate Galactic Republic of Washington D.C. The Emperor Regan at the head of his economic freedom Empire has beaten the old Carterism and condemned the old "order of the Liberals" to the night.

Since some months a new Democratic party appeared, more moderate, more open to the Left and the Right of their corners, and this movement of rebellion to the Republican dominance was trying to put back equal chances accross the fifty planets of the Republic.

The Gore victory has consisted into a new hope, but the GOP Empire still believed that the last remaining pieces of the Democratic order they called "Order of the Liberal" was done forever. Instead of Tarkin, the GOP has choosed as heir of the Republican Empire a strong master of the force, Pat Robertson, his quest would be long to impeach the return of the Liberals and at the end, the lightsaber fight with the new blue knight would be decisive for the future of the galaxy.

Will the Liberal order by reinstored by the young moderate senator?

The intro stops: We see Mark Hamil and Harrison Ford eating their breakfast, looking at the TV.

Mark Hamil: God....It's too crazy to be believable.

Harrison Ford: Some amateurs who still try to make a bad movie.

Al Gore appears behind them with a cereal bowl in the hands, looking at the camera.

That's why it's never good to look at the campain words first, the programs are far more boring but far more true.

Payed by the Democratic Party for Al Gore.

Robertson, Reagan, Mel Gibson, and Chuck Norris lampoon Gore's Ad in televised rallies in California, Virginia, Florida, and Wisconsin

I saw this Al Gore ad just the other day and I couldn't help but crack up. He goes on and on, playing up Liberalism and calling us the "Dark Side" referring to President Reagan as an "Emperor" The Crowd boos as President Reagan is wildly popular  I know I know. But I really just can't appreciate the mockery that Sen. Gore has made of this election. He has incendiarily termed Republicans as the Sith. I have to say that this is an incredibly immature line of attack to make on the warriors for Freedom and the Grassroots levied against an establishment hack. We are dealing with a proud Carter Liberal, a big supporter of his in Congress during his term. And here he is comparing me to a Tyrannical High level government bureaucrat. Seriously Al? I really am just at a lost for words at the theatrics the Democrats are pulling to win this election. Well Main street America sees right through it! We want real change, not fluffy ads!

Robertson and Reagan hit Leadership in TV Spot to run across the South

Footage of Al Gore's ad

Reagan: Turns out that some of the people campaigning to replace me don't take this office as seriously as I have. They think it is a mockery and that I have been running a "Dark Side Empire". I find this to be childish and an affront to Americans. If Al Gore wants to play dress up and call tyranny on the most Grassroots Administration this nation has ever seen, let him, but I say, let's stand as proud Americans and vote for the man who will fight for you everyday with the same grit you'd fight for your family, Pat Robertson. Pat is a defender of Liberty and Culture and is a proven leader. I say vote Pat because he is the only man I trust handing the keys to the White House. He is the man who will keep us safe, and that is what we need. God Bless you, and please, vote Pat Robertson on November 8th, the country depends on you.

Pat: I am Pat Robertson and I approve this message.

(oops I am editing the message, bad touch :P)

Al Gore's reaction in a national press conference:

Well...this is the first time that the Repulicans are offended to see me painting myself as the builder of a new Liberal order.

Changes happen.

The invited fall in laughs.

Al Gore satyrical national ad:

Republican HQ

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "Republican HQ"

-Chairman! Chairman! Our party is leading the Conservatives but the Democrats are trailing in the polls.

Is our running mate isn't enough?

-Well...sir I think we need something to beat them.

What about the Liberal rethoric with which we crushed them 4 years ago?

-Al Gore never gone too much left untill now in his campain, technically he should not have won his primaries but he convinced the Dems to moderate themselves.

-What about their program?

-It's quite centrist sir.

-What about the Reagan legacy?

-He defends the economic progress but he points out our weakest results such as the growing poverty accross the farms in the Midwest and we can't win without the Midwest.

-Well, let's try to show them as liberals hidden who flip-flop, it already worked.

Sir, Al gore made a broadcast to laugh about this tactic, taking back the Star Wars movie as a parody of what we're saying about the Democrats.

-Did he compared Reagan with the Sith Emperor clearly?

No Sir.

Did he told this was a serious comparision?

No sir, the goal of his broadcast was clear, he ended by "That's why it's never good to look at the campain words first, the programs are far more boring but far more true." he even mocked himself in the add as the "recreator of the Liberal order".

-Let's go on this, we're deeply lacking arguments to beat him, even if he did not make a serious broadcast, on a misunderstanding it can pass.

-It's up to you sir..

The camera backs to Al Gore

Since the beginning of this campain, the Republican message has been personnal, and aggressive toward the Democratic party while the Democratic party proposed its own ideas and its own plan for America.

If they so much try to do personnal attacks, that's because they fear us.

The whole message of the GOP campain is not "what the Democrats are proposing is bad" but "What the Democrats are offering is untrue, they lie" and this is, according to me, the best proof from our opponent that they recognize the intelligence and the innovation of our plan.

I could thank President Reagan or mister Robertson for these recognitions, but I will only comes back to the message I sent in California where the breakfast are really excellent.

Smiling:

It's never good to look at the campain words first, the programs are far more boring but far more true.And the GOP campain is the first and biggest proof that even themselves lack things to attack us.

Will you choose fear or future? According to what we seen untill now, innovation is our "Go Al".

Robertson HQ in Richmond, Virginia with President Reagan

Pat: They really are dropping this into our laps Ron.

Reagan: It's like they want to paint themselves as incompetent and relying on Satirical ads.

Pat: Hell, it's incomprehensible half the time.

Reagan: We just need to stick with what has kept the Party afloat, our key themes this year need to be Economy, Culture, Freedom and Liberty, and Leadership. 

Pat: Now, don't we have a plane to Ohio to catch?

Reagan: That we do.

Dole Rides Horses in Kentucky

Dole Meets with Native Chiefs in South Dakota

Dole Shadows OSHA Officials at a Plant in Pennsylvania

Dole Canvasses Detroit, Michigan on Local Issues

Dole Targets Rural Culture in Tennessee

On 3/5/2018 at 4:14 PM, Kingthero said:

Dole Rides Horses in Kentucky

I appreciate this far more than I should. 

10 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

I appreciate this far more than I should. 

lol

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎05 at 3:14 PM, Kingthero said:

Dole Meets with Native Chiefs in South Dakota

And what does he say to the Native Chiefs in South Dakota?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

And what does he say to the Native Chiefs in South Dakota?

Doesn't really matter anymore, as this rp is just quantitative over qualitative. 

Ready for 92..

Finally finished my midterm finals.  This will continue tomorrow we will do the debates and  we can try to finish this up by the end of March then in early April we can start 1992 

1 hour ago, RP Overlord said:

Finally finished my midterm finals.  This will continue tomorrow we will do the debates and  we can try to finish this up by the end of March then in early April we can start 1992 

Awesome! I stopped doing events since I parsed out you were busy and didn't want you to be swamp, just give the go ahead when you're set!

i went inactive in this because i felt like i didn't really know how to campaign and i was running as an independent so without primaries it was a lot of waiting time but i would look forward to participating in a 92 roleplay.

59 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

(I definitely look forward to '92 :) it'll be interesting :D) 

President Robertson will have transformed it into a Conservative Paradise by then ;)

14 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

President Robertson will have transformed it into a Conservative Paradise by then ;)

Well he could if he wins. Plus we'd have to know how the House and Senate results go as well :D

In fact Dole is visiting states for tourism and taking photos waiting 92 x)

No way we will loose, we have the cash of the Kennedy powerfull network in the Senate and all conspirationnists agree we control the movies in the RP :o

Anyways, if Gore loose I might agree to continue to play him, if Gore wins I won't play him a second time so if I do it could be given to someone who would like to play the pres :P

Excepted if in the case where Gore would win everybody would agree to let me play a one term president or an unconstested democrat in the primaries

I prefer to create RP events instead of campaining

Like we did in our last posts x)

For this campain I am there untill the last moment!

it would be interesting to base 1992 off the winner of this one, with interesting storylines. like: 

robertson wins, country is thriving, but robertson has health issues, forcing him to not run again.

or gore wins, but he has some questionable policy decisions, which leads to a incumbent primary challenge.

41 minutes ago, Joshen said:

it would be interesting to base 1992 off the winner of this one, with interesting storylines. like: 

robertson wins, country is thriving, but robertson has health issues, forcing him to not run again.

or gore wins, but he has some questionable policy decisions, which leads to a incumbent primary challenge.

Why is Robertson AUTOMATICALLY, by default, assumed to run a better country all around?

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Why is Robertson AUTOMATICALLY, by default, assumed to run a better country all around?

It's not about the candidates. It would make the election competitive, rather than a mediocre Robertson which would ensure that the Democrats would lead by a large margin and the odds would be stacked against the Republicans.

1 minute ago, Joshen said:

It's not about the candidates. It would make the election competitive, rather than a mediocre Robertson which would ensure that the Democrats would lead by a large margin and the odds would be stacked against the Republicans.

But the economic downturn that hit Bush and largely did him in in 1992 would still happen, as the policies that caused it began in the early Reagan days.

Just now, Patine said:

But the economic downturn that hit Bush and largely did him in in 1992 would still happen, as the policies that caused it began in the early Reagan days.

Well for RP purposes we can assume that the impact on the economy wasn't as bad as it was with HW, and then there are various foreign policy successes

1 minute ago, Joshen said:

Well for RP purposes we can assume that the impact on the economy wasn't as bad as it was with HW, and then there are various foreign policy successes

Which foreign policy successes would you predict?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Which foreign policy successes would you predict?

iirc hw's approval rating spiked up by 20% near the gulf war. maybe if he doesn't get hit by the economy downturn as bad, his approval rating stays pretty high