270soft Forum
NYrepublican

Catalonia Independence Referendum

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

It looked more like a military force to be honest.

The Black-and-Tans (the old Royal Ulster Constablury) and most U.S. SWAT teams look like a military force, but are registered and mostly recognized as civil police forces. I'm not saying I at all approve of the Spanish Government's actions, I'm just broadening the debate to bring out all the factors.

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

But was it "miitary force" or "civil police action?" I hate to say it, but such specific details and quibblings are VERY important for interpreting treaties.

There has been a weird proposal from Ciudadanos in the Spanish parliament the 19th september which has been rejected thanks to the left parties.

It was called:

Proposición no de Ley del Grupo Parlamentario Ciudadanos, sobre el apoyo institucional en la defensa del Estado de Derecho en Cataluña. 

GeneraGrafica?sesion=70&votacion=4&legis

7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine The civil Guard are military police as far as I've read.

I do not know how but the French Wiki already has a first projection

On 240 000 votes counted (the first results)

The YES has 92,3%

The NO 7,7%.

13 minutes ago, Sami said:

I do not know how but the French Wiki already has a first projection

On 240 000 votes counted (the first results)

The YES has 92,3%

The NO 7,7%.

Thanks.the campaign will start more balanced in beginning though. 

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Someone please make an endorsers list

Lizarbia and Moont would be your best bets when they log in.

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well it's now broken all I have.

I can't do this till @admin_270 fixes the engine. the NAN currency value error constantly occurs.

catalan.zip

"NAN currency value error?" I'm not sure I understand what that is. I've been making and playing TheorySpark game scenarios since 2007 and have never run across that issue.

MAJ

LOS RESULTADOS PROVISIONALES DEL 1-O

- Sí: 2.020.144 (90 %)
- No: 176.566 (7,87 %)
- En blanco: 45.586 (2,03 %)
- Nulo: 20.129 (0,89 %).

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

Well it's now broken all I have.

I can't do this till @admin_270 fixes the engine. the NAN currency value error constantly occurs.

catalan.zip

You can have the most precise live here if you want more details on the final counts (I am sorry I do not know enough people for endorsement but the BARCA played a lot) : http://www.lavanguardia.com/politica/20171001/431688032104/referendum-1-o-en-directo.html

If the SI gains 700 000 votes more at least 50% of the registered voters of Catalonia would have voted for the secession.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Authorities stole more than 700,000 ballots.

Well, it could be worse. An NKVD officer said in a 1991 interview (when he was old, retired pensioner) that he and his comrades "monitoring" polling areas in the Polish 1947 Sejm election were told specifically by a Red Army Occupational Officer with orders straight from Moscow not to count the ballots but just to burn them as the numbers that were going to be publically announced had already been formulated and decided before the election was even called.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Well, it could be worse. An NKVD officer said in a 1991 interview (when he was old, retired pensioner) that he and his comrades "monitoring" polling areas in the Polish 1947 Sejm election were told specifically by a Red Army Occupational Officer with orders straight from Moscow not to count the ballots but just to burn them as the numbers that were going to be publically announced had already been formulated and decided before the election was even called.

Wow.

Anyway does my campaign work for anyone else?

I will try NY

Final result

LES RÉSULTATS DE 1-O

- Oui: 2,020,144 (90,09%) 
- N °: 176 565 (7,87%) 
- Blanc: 45 586 (2,03%) 
- Null: 20 129 %) 

* 770 000 inscrits dans les écoles fermées

The 50% of registered YES would be cross only at 2 700 000 votes YES. I seriously doubt even with a 90% of turnought that the NO could win any referendum anymore in Catalonia.

2 minutes ago, Sami said:

I will try NY

Final result

LES RÉSULTATS DE 1-O

- Oui: 2,020,144 (90,09%) 

* 770 000 inscrits dans les écoles fermées

The 50% of registered YES would be cross only at 2 700 000 votes YES. I seriously doubt even with a 90% of turnought that the NO could win any referendum anymore in Catalonia.

???? really confused.

6 minutes ago, Sami said:

I will try to see if I can make work your mod I wanted to say sorry

Oh that makes sense. For a second, I thought there was an referendum occuring in New York that no one knew about.:lol:

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Oh that makes sense. For a second, I thought there was an referendum occuring in New York that no one knew about.:lol:

Opinion polling referendum Bloomberg:

Would you like that Hillary does not run as Mayor of NY for the Democrats?

- YES: 2,020,144 (90,09%) 

:D

19 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Article 7 of the European Union Treaty states "Suspension of any Member State that uses military force on its own population"

The amount of violence was insane.

The EU is defending the response because the people doesn't care about the people of Europe or their opinions.  They only care about increasing their own power and advancing their European Project (AKA their dream of a United States of Europe).