270soft Forum

Anthem Protests  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the recent NFL anthem protests?

• Yes, the NFL players have a point about racism
    • I support their right to protest but don't think their reasoning is sound
    • No, they should not do it even if they have the right to do so
    • No, they don't have the right to protest
    • I don't care
  2. 2. Have the anthem protests influenced how much you watch the NFL?

• Yes, I watch more NFL because of it
    • Yes, I watch less NFL because of it
    • No, I don't care about it enough for it to stop me from watching
    • No, football is stupid so I never watched it in the first place
    • I'm not American
    • I have a vehement hatred for all team sports, which stems from a deep-seated resentment within me for those who, unlike me, are athletically gifted and can actually play sports without dry-heaving for 45 minutes afterwards. Also, paying people millions to run around a field 30 times a year is a glaringly hideous example of wealth inequality in the United States, and for those two reasons I have boycotted televised sports for my entire life.
  3. 3. Is it OK for the sitting President of the United States to call anthem protesters "sons of bitches" and disinvite Steph Curry from the White House?

• Yeah whatever
    • No especially after he implied there were good people "on many sides" in Charlottesville
    • meh
    • I somehow have no opinion

10 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

the guy support castros/guevara not freedom have allowed in cuba

Donald Trump glorifies, and associates himself, with Andrew Jackson, a man who believed in the perpetual institution of slavery, that forced re-location or massacres of Native American populations (note that forced re-location and massacres by ethnicity were later a hallmark of Stalin's regime) as being fully mandated, and he publically said how his only regrets as President were that he didn't kill, extrajudicially, his main political opponents Henry Clay, Daniel Webster, and John C. Calhoun. Is Trump's support for a man like that objectively better than a football player saying a few words of admiration for Guevarra and the Castros? Is Jackson automatically, without any review or comparison, a "better man" JUST because he was an American President and for no other reason?

6 hours ago, Patine said:

I don't understand how Cuba fits in...

Kaepernick wore a pro-Castro t-shirt at the press conference where he first explained his reasons for protesting

19 hours ago, Patine said:

Donald Trump glorifies, and associates himself, with Andrew Jackson, a man who believed in the perpetual institution of slavery, that forced re-location or massacres of Native American populations (note that forced re-location and massacres by ethnicity were later a hallmark of Stalin's regime) as being fully mandated, and he publically said how his only regrets as President were that he didn't kill, extrajudicially, his main political opponents Henry Clay, Daniel Webster, and John C. Calhoun. Is Trump's support for a man like that objectively better than a football player saying a few words of admiration for Guevarra and the Castros? Is Jackson automatically, without any review or comparison, a "better man" JUST because he was an American President and for no other reason?

What's interesting about his fascination with Jackson is that Jackson wanted to abolish the electoral college, since it defied his populist and Jacksonian Democratic platform. James K. Polk also wanted to abolish it. 

18 minutes ago, vcczar said:

What's interesting about his fascination with Jackson is that Jackson wanted to abolish the electoral college, since it defied his populist and Jacksonian Democratic platform. James K. Polk also wanted to abolish it. 

Jackson lost his first bid for President because of the Electoral College (and especially the aspect of the choice going to the House if no candidate gets an majority of the Electoral Votes), whereas Trump won his election by having a majority of Electoral Votes, but losing the popular vote.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎24 at 4:13 PM, Patine said:

I'm curious, @victorraiders, if you have response for this?

23 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm curious, @victorraiders, if you have response for this?

of course i have but i dont have posted because i make one big and boring text and you don't will know many words i verify and appear illogical again.

this are you talk about?  don't implicy trump are right all time at all,and his discuss are in tennessee about people of state liked jackson,you know about trump ''populism'' one times,.

i don't defend jackson at all this are complete time all world like annexing others countrys by force or similiar thing i dont agree with jackson but probable trump i dont agree with vision of jackson about indian and trump  not but probable talk about Jackson was excellent on debt, ?suffrage?, & the military, however.

“Andrew Jackson was a military hero and genius and a beloved president, but he was also a flawed and imperfect man, the product of his time,” Trump said

On 24/09/2017 at 4:21 PM, Patine said:

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean or refer to at all... :huh: