Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

John McCain Healthcare Poll

John McCain Healthcare Poll  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. Check all those that apply to why you think McCain is opposing the GOP Healthcare plans...

    • His own cancer is making him reflect on the health of those that cannot afford healthcare
    • He is angry with his partner, Lindsey Graham
      0
    • He knows he hasn't long to live, and he wants bring attention to himself and to his legacy.
    • He actually thinks the GOP plans are worse than Obamacare as it currently is.
    • He opposes it because he isn't lead author of the GOP plan
    • He will only support a plan that has bipartisan support
    • He is afraid that passing the GOP plans will hurt Republicans in 2018 and 2020.
    • Despite having lost to Obama in 2008, he wants to defend Obama's legacy
    • The GOP plans are not conservative enough
      0
    • The GOP plans are not moderate enough
    • He wants a plan that won't just get repealed by Democrats if the Democrats take Congress back.
    • His cancer has weakened his ability to think clearly, so he is behaving irrationally and making poor decisions.
  2. 2. How would you rank John McCain, regardless of his ideology? This ranking is based on influence.

    • An elite historical senator in regards to influence on his time and on history (Level of Henry Clay, John C. Calhoun, Daniel Webster, etc.)
    • A great Senator in our history, in regards to influence, but not of an elite caliber.
    • An influential senator of his time, but unlikely to be studied often or remembered except by political historians, and political history buffs.
    • His influence as a senator has been overrated, despite some periods of influence.
    • He's been an ineffective senator.
  3. 3. Was John McCain a good candidate in 2008?

    • Yes, and he would have been a better president than Obama.
    • Yes, but he would have been a worse president than Obama.
    • No, but he would have been a better president than Obama.
    • No, and he would have been a worse president than Obama.


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, vcczar said:

A poll. 

A vote.,

Also I love the soft reference toward's Graham's bachelor status and their heavy bromance, all couples fight:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think @Reagan04 only says he'd make a "better" President than Obama because the stress of the job might deteriorate his already questionable health to the point of a tragic, untimely death in office, and a certain someone else would take the reigns of power whom @Reagan04 finds much more desirable in the White House. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Also I love the soft reference toward's Graham's bachelor status and their heavy bromance, all couples fight:P

Their relationship is adorable despite any disagreements I have with either of them

I have, and have always had, a huge amount of respect for McCain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 6:50 PM, Patine said:

I think @Reagan04 only says he'd make a "better" President than Obama because the stress of the job might deteriorate his already questionable health to the point of a tragic, untimely death in office, and a certain someone else would take the reigns of power whom @Reagan04 finds much more desirable in the White House. :P

I'm Libertarian and liked Obama more than McCain and Romney but I'd support that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'm Libertarian and liked Obama more than McCain and Romney but I'd support that

I'm curious why a Libertarian would like Obama more than McCain or Romney. I'm not trying to argue that it is impossible, but I'm just curious as to the rationale. 

Libertarians are generally fiscally conservative, socially moderate to liberal, isolationist, decentralized government, and big defenders of civil liberties. With probably fiscal conservatism and decentralization being the major stances. 

Obama might be socially liberal, but I don't think he would win any points in the other categories, while McCain and Romney lean towards fiscal conservative, lean towards limited government, even while they wouldn't score points in the other areas. 

To me, this seems as strange as a Bernie Sanders supporter liking Gary Johnson or Donald Trump more than Hillary Clinton, which quite a few did in 2016. 

Generally, such strange crossovers are because the voter is primarily a single-issue voter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'm curious why a Libertarian would like Obama more than McCain or Romney. I'm not trying to argue that it is impossible, but I'm just curious as to the rationale. 

Libertarians are generally fiscally conservative, socially moderate to liberal, isolationist, decentralized government, and big defenders of civil liberties. With probably fiscal conservatism and decentralization being the major stances. 

Obama might be socially liberal, but I don't think he would win any points in the other categories, while McCain and Romney lean towards fiscal conservative, lean towards limited government, even while they wouldn't score points in the other areas. 

To me, this seems as strange as a Bernie Sanders supporter liking Gary Johnson or Donald Trump more than Hillary Clinton, which quite a few did in 2016. 

Generally, such strange crossovers are because the voter is primarily a single-issue voter. 

trump is understandable ((and the sanders supporters doing are the working class who are older not the socialists)) gary johnson is from thoughts who know nothing of poltics here why alot of them dont like gary johnson 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

number one he is senile number two he is jealous of trump for doing what he fail to do and is only doing so to spite trump even if it to vote down his boyfriend own bill.

To be frank, I'm starting to thiink Trump's going senile too. Have you listened to him speak lately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'm curious why a Libertarian would like Obama more than McCain or Romney. I'm not trying to argue that it is impossible, but I'm just curious as to the rationale. 

Libertarians are generally fiscally conservative, socially moderate to liberal, isolationist, decentralized government, and big defenders of civil liberties. With probably fiscal conservatism and decentralization being the major stances. 

Obama might be socially liberal, but I don't think he would win any points in the other categories, while McCain and Romney lean towards fiscal conservative, lean towards limited government, even while they wouldn't score points in the other areas. 

To me, this seems as strange as a Bernie Sanders supporter liking Gary Johnson or Donald Trump more than Hillary Clinton, which quite a few did in 2016. 

Generally, such strange crossovers are because the voter is primarily a single-issue voter. 

Not a single issue voter. While the economy is typically my strongest issue, Obama campaigned as more centrist and isolationist than John McCain did. Romney was just a bad candidate who was anti gun and pretty much supported Obamacare. Still like Trump more than Shillary though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, at the time, immigration wasn't really an issue, I didn't support the war on terror, and I thought John McCain would die.

I probably wouldn't vote for Obama though. I'd vote Ron Paul in the Primaries and protest vote Ron Paul in the general.

I <3 Papa Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Not a single issue voter. While the economy is typically my strongest issue, Obama campaigned as more centrist and isolationist than John McCain did. Romney was just a bad candidate who was anti gun and pretty much supported Obamacare. Still like Trump more than Shillary though

I think I would have still voted for Rocky Delafuante in 2016 if I lived in the U.S. It's not that I consider him stellar, so much as all the rest HORRIBLE. What a monstrous election that was. Out of 300 million people, those were the best candidates that could get to the GE? Some real, deep-rooted, fundamental issues of American society and political culture is what REALLY needs to be addressed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

What a monstrous election that was. Out of 300 million people, those were the best candidates that could get to the GE? Some real, deep-rooted, fundamental issues of American society and political culture is what REALLY needs to be addressed...

The truest thing ever said about the election. I don't know why people bother with horror movies when real life is scary enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

I think I would have still voted for Rocky Delafuante in 2016 if I lived in the U.S. It's not that I consider him stellar, so much as all the rest HORRIBLE. What a monstrous election that was. Out of 300 million people, those were the best candidates that could get to the GE? Some real, deep-rooted, fundamental issues of American society and political culture is what REALLY needs to be addressed...

I don't get why people say the candidates were bad. Im biased but Trump isn't a bad person, Hillary was qualified and experienced especially in the troubling foreign policy we find ourselves in today, Gary Johnson was funny, and an extremely qualified figure who helped bring in popularity to a third choice leading to the biggest third party surge since like 1996. I don't really have anything bad to say about Jill Stein either. All qualified good candidates imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason people call the election trash was because it was mainstream to hate on Trump and at the time Hillary had so many scandals it was ridiculous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

The only reason people call the election trash was because it was mainstream to hate on Trump and at the time Hillary had so many scandals it was ridiculous 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hillary_Clinton_controversies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Clinton_administration_controversies

Wikipedia has a whole category for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

The only reason people call the election trash was because it was mainstream to hate on Trump and at the time Hillary had so many scandals it was ridiculous 

You know, Trump codemns the media (terms like 'fake news' and such), and much of the modern media dogpiles him. Ironically, though, they're each other's best allies. The media gets tonnes of juicy scoops (even ridiculous or petty ones) every day off Trump, and, whether he likes it or not, Trump likely would not have won the 2016 election, or even the Republican primaries, if it weren't for his constant negtive publicity. "Bad publicity is still publicity," as an infamous Hollywood figure said decades ago. I'm reminded of, in the 1989 Batman movie, with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson, where Batman and the Joker are having their final showdown sequence near the movie's end in the bellfry of the Gotham City Cathedral, and they have their "heart-to-heart," if you will, about how they were the primary catalysts in each others' origins as superhero or supervillain, but there is still no love lost and no warmth because of this revelation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×