270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mz452

Canadian Provincial Scenarios

It seems as though people have stopped working on elections for the Canadian provinces. With the new game engine, I think there is only one scenario (Quebec 2014). I have scenarios for every province and territory (except Nunavut and the Northwest Territories). I'm happy to share what I have but they won't work on the newer engine.

Is anyone interested in working on building out the more recent provincial elections?

EDIT: I don't think any scenarios have ever been made for Prince Edward Island

I'd consider it.

12 minutes ago, mz452 said:

It seems as though people have stopped working on elections for the Canadian provinces. With the new game engine, I think there is only one scenario (Quebec 2014). I have scenarios for every province and territory (except Nunavut and the Northwest Territories). I'm happy to share what I have but they won't work on the newer engine.

Is anyone interested in working on building out the more recent provincial elections?

I have plans at some point for a quite a few of those, including some Alberta 1917, 1921, 1935, and 1940, British Columbia 2017 (and perhaps others), Manitoba 1870, some NWT ones, both pre-1905 and post 1979, and some Nunavut and Yukon ones, and maybe a few others as well. It is a point of definite interest to me (as I live in Canada). I also have some Federal elections there planned.

I'm definitely more interested in some of the more recent elections simply because there is more information available.

Hi!

Indeed many provinces were covered under ancient mod.

I would like to do the 2012 Quebec mod as the election was close between the Independentists, the Liberals and the Coalition Avenir Quebec and it also was a special moment of Canadian history (student "printemps érable") which stopped 9 years of Liberal government in Quebec.

But I do not know when I will have the time to do the 2012 mod.

But I would be glad to advise you on the use of the new mod.

12 hours ago, mz452 said:

I don't know if anyone ever finished it, but there was some discussion about a Prince Edward Island scenario, back in the early days of the board. I also remember talk in the early days about a Newfoundland and Labrador scenario, but not sure if that one was ever finished either. Being from Atlantic Canada, these are scenarios I would like to see made, but don't know how much interest there would be from others.

16 minutes ago, Caper08 said:

I don't know if anyone ever finished it, but there was some discussion about a Prince Edward Island scenario, back in the early days of the board. I also remember talk in the early days about a Newfoundland and Labrador scenario, but not sure if that one was ever finished either. Being from Atlantic Canada, these are scenarios I would like to see made, but don't know how much interest there would be from others.

I might have an interest in potentially tackling several Newfoundland and Nova Scotia elections on my queue of future scenarios, though, I will admit, New Brunswick and PEI are far less interesting to me.