270soft Forum
CalebsParadox

AI To Human?

@admin_270

I was wondering if you would be able to help me with something. I know that in the PI save games, it stores what candidates are humans and what candidates are AI players, and I'm looking for where. I want to switch an AI character to human for the multiplayer game I'm hosting, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Would you be able to point me in the right direction, or change it yourself if that's preferable?

It's in the main save file for a game, but it's tricky to find because it's just a 0 (which stands for 'human') or 1 ('computer').

If the player had a relatively unique number of PIPs, you could search for that in the save file. The type (human or computer) is two lines after that (so, player's PIPs, then player number, then player type). It comes not far after the vice-leader is written to file.

4 hours ago, admin_270 said:

It's in the main save file for a game, but it's tricky to find because it's just a 0 (which stands for 'human') or 1 ('computer').

If the player had a relatively unique number of PIPs, you could search for that in the save file. The type (human or computer) is two lines after that (so, player's PIPs, then player number, then player type). It comes not far after the vice-leader is written to file.

This could actually be very helpful! To test how to find this for an example, I set Jim Webb's PIPs to 4665

joe_biden
jim_webb
jim_webb

donald_trump
ted_cruz

As you can see, I am able to find the PIPs, but I'm not sure if the order is correct there. In this save game, the only player set to on is Trump, and the other candidates don't have their pip numbers under their name either. This was the only instance I could find 4665 as well. 

My apologies, I was incorrect about the PIPs value - the PIPs value in question is a default value, not a modifiable one. It's value will be 10 in the save file. Again, this will be after the VP section, and the 'HQ' section, which contains the total CPs for the player, the CPs used, and a few other variables.