270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SeanFKennedy

Integrity Poll

Regardless if you disagree with them on every issue, which of the following politicians do you see having a good character and moral integrity?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Regardless if you disagree with them on every issue, which of the following politicians do you see having a good character and moral integrity?

2. 2. (Continued)

I did this poll a few month's ago, might as well get another sample. 

1 hour ago, SeanFKennedy said:

I want to note that there were a few I didn't vote for due to lack of information on them myself, and a few I have sneaking suspicions or gut feelings about who are otherwise considered by many to have stellar integrity.

2 hours ago, SeanFKennedy said:

I can't help but notice certain very big stand-outs have gotten no votes (though, I must admit, I'm surprised to see Hillary Clinton with even two votes). But I just know that when @jvikings1 logs in and sees the injustice that Mitch McConnell, who he has been proud to have representing him in the U.S. Senate since before he was born, and always speaks of in such glowing and praising tones, has no votes made for him, will click a vote for his integrity with relish and glee! :P

All 7 politicians with zero support right now are Republicans. 

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

All 7 politicians with zero support right now are Republicans. 

True. But as I said, I'm surprised Hillary Clinton got votes. She's probably the worst candidate the Democrats have put up in a Presidential election since Cleveland, possibly Buchanan.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

True. But as I said, I'm surprised Hillary Clinton got votes. She's probably the worst candidate the Democrats have put up in a Presidential election since Cleveland, possibly Buchanan.

Davis in 1924 was a worse candidate than Clinton; although, he had almost no baggage. 

I think my order for Best Nominee to Worst Nominee is this order for Democrats: 

FDR, LBJ, Barack Obama, JFK, Bill Clinton, George McGovern, Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, Al Smith, Hubert Humphrey, Harry S Truman, John Kerry, Michael Dukakis, Adlai Stevenson, Al Gore, Walter Mondale, William Jennings Bryan, Hillary Clinton, Horatio Seymour, Winfield Scott Hancock, James Cox, John W. Davis, George B. McClellan, Martin Van Buren, Stephen A. Douglas, Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Samuel J. Tilden, Alton B. Parker, James K. Polk, Lewis Cass, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, John C. Breckinridge

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Davis in 1924 was a worse candidate than Clinton; although, he had almost no baggage. 

I think my order for Best Nominee to Worst Nominee is this order for Democrats: 

FDR, LBJ, Barack Obama, JFK, Bill Clinton, George McGovern, Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, Al Smith, Hubert Humphrey, Harry S Truman, John Kerry, Michael Dukakis, Adlai Stevenson, Al Gore, Walter Mondale, William Jennings Bryan, Hillary Clinton, Horatio Seymour, Winfield Scott Hancock, James Cox, John W. Davis, George B. McClellan, Martin Van Buren, Stephen A. Douglas, Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, Samuel J. Tilden, Alton B. Parker, James K. Polk, Lewis Cass, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, John C. Breckinridge

I will be honest that you have Kerry higher than I would have put him. I was very suspicious and dubious of Kerry in 2004. Certainly his domestic policy was more progressive than Bush's, but, although he did a very good job at re-wording and paraphrasing, when I listened carefully, his foreign and military policy seemed to completely mirror Bush's, and he made no promise or claim at all, that I could catch, to moderate, change, or alter that foreign and military policy. And, by this, I also refer to the aspect of domestic policy affected by that scheme - notably the blatantly unconstitutional Patriot Act. And, the fact that both Bush and Kerry were known to be members of the same highly-politically active fraternity, Skull and Bones, which is widely believed to be more tight-knit and less fractious than, say, the Freemasons, worried me greatly as well.

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

I will be honest that you have Kerry higher than I would have put him. I was very suspicious and dubious of Kerry in 2004. Certainly his domestic policy was more progressive than Bush's, but, although he did a very good job at re-wording and paraphrasing, when I listened carefully, his foreign and military policy seemed to completely mirror Bush's, and he made no promise or claim at all, that I could catch, to moderate, change, or alter that foreign and military policy. And, by this, I also refer to the aspect of domestic policy affected by that scheme - notably the blatantly unconstitutional Patriot Act. And, the fact that both Bush and Kerry were known to be members of the same highly-politically active fraternity, Skull and Bones, which is widely believed to be more tight-knit and less fractious than, say, the Freemasons, worried me greatly as well.

That was campaign rhetoric for the most part. He was a Massachusetts senator after all, which would mean he'd likely be more open to progressive policies, at least domestically. I didn't like Kerry in 2004, even though I voted for him. I've kind of warmed up to him through the years, however. 

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

That was campaign rhetoric for the most part. He was a Massachusetts senator after all, which would mean he'd likely be more open to progressive policies, at least domestically. I didn't like Kerry in 2004, even though I voted for him. I've kind of warmed up to him through the years, however. 

Who did you vote for in the 2004 primaries, out of curiosity?

57 minutes ago, Patine said:

Who did you vote for in the 2004 primaries, out of curiosity?

Kucinich