270soft Forum
vcczar

2020 Playthrough

8 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

It is kind of sad how low the Republicans are polling.

At least it's not 1932 or 1936 low...

25 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

It is kind of sad how low the Republicans are polling.

I think it's an issue with the game, that the candidates don't really fight when they need to and where they need to. Kasich and Burr are routinely campaigning in non-critical states and often attacking 3rd parties. I'd also expect a little more of a leveling system when the general election begins. Trump hurts his party tremendously, but Kasich ends up being associated with it, as he is a Republican. Schultz and Booker both have major scandals, but it doesn't dent their poll numbers. Part of this is that I think parties get some sort of momentum for having massive leads, which just perpetuates these leads. That needs to be turned off, if it exists. 

Alternatively, I could create more events for Anti-Trump Republicans that allow them to be more competitive after Trump has incurred damage. 

[Just in case any pro-Trump people are reading this, I've built in Trump boosts in the last week of election day which sort of recreates the possible chance that polls are seriously flawed. Sometimes Trump wins despite never winning in the polls in the General Election.] 

2020 Election Results!!!

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is your new President and Sen. Cory Booker is your new VP! 

Schultz/Booker 58.1% 431 EVs (Red-leaning states won--TX, AZ, NE, AR, AL, GA, SC, KY, & won all battleground states, except OH)

Kasich/Burr 40.2% 107 EVs (won OH, as the only battleground victory)

Libertarian 1.2%

Green 0.5%

A Schultz president would likely see a deployment of "pragmatic progressivism" (a mix of pro-business with pro-labor, pro-free trade policies with anti-war and social progressive measures, and a likely end to the War on Drugs). 

No comment on the results?

6 hours ago, vcczar said:

No comment on the results?

Starbucks is overpriced and foul-tasting coffee... :P

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Starbucks is overpriced and foul-tasting coffee... :P

I'm not a fan of it either. 

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:23 AM, vcczar said:

2020 Election Results!!!

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is your new President and Sen. Cory Booker is your new VP! 

Schultz/Booker 58.1% 431 EVs (Red-leaning states won--TX, AZ, NE, AR, AL, GA, SC, KY, & won all battleground states, except OH)

Kasich/Burr 40.2% 107 EVs (won OH, as the only battleground victory)

Libertarian 1.2%

Green 0.5%

A Schultz president would likely see a deployment of "pragmatic progressivism" (a mix of pro-business with pro-labor, pro-free trade policies with anti-war and social progressive measures, and a likely end to the War on Drugs). 

Much better than a Kasich presidency, that's for sure

2 hours ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Much better than a Kasich presidency, that's for sure

I don't know. Since recent events, I've become leary of U.S. Presidents (or any world leaders) whose previous experience is almost entirely corporate. I think I would have to side with Kasich here. But, then again, I never did claim to have firm partisan allegiances or loyalties, unlike a fair number on these forums.