Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vcczar

Donald Trump Forum Approval Poll (September)

Donald Trump Forum Approval Poll (September)   24 members have voted

1. 1. Select that parts of Trump's president that you mostly approve of...

• Appointment of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court (following the Merrick Garland nomination episode)
    • Persistent efforts to remove Obama's legacy, even outside of Obamacare.
    • Firing Michael Flynn
    • Firing James Comey
    • Removing Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff, and replacing him with General Kelly
    • Removing Stave Bannon
    • Handling of the media
    • Use of Twitter
    • Handling of immigration
    • Military action in Syria
    • Handling of North Korea
    • Handling of Russia (including revealing classified information with Russia)
    • Handling of the Russia probe/Mueller's probe
    • Handling of the Drug War
    • Handling of the Economy
    • Withdrawing from the Paris Agreement
    • Withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
    • Handling of Mexico
    • None of these
  2. 2. Part 2 of the above

• Handling of recovery of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma
    • Handling of repeal efforts for Obamacare
    • Handling of Congress, both GOP or Democrat
    • Handling of the LGBT community
    • Handling of racial division (Charlottesville, etc.)
    • Handling of China
    • Handling of potential conflicts of interests
    • Siding with Democrats on the debt ceiling
    • Reviving the Keystone XL and Dakota Pipelines
    • Handling of NAFTA
    • Handling of our European allies
    • Appointment of Rex Tillerson as Sec of State
    • Appointment of Mnuchin for Treasury
    • Appointment of Sessions as Att Gen
    • Appointment of Mattis for Defense
    • Appointment of DeVos for Education
    • Appointment of Perry for Energy
    • Appointment of Carson for HUD
    • None of the above
  3. 3. If Donald Trump's presidency ended today, he would be viewed by most Americans in 50 years as having been a BETTER president than....

• Barack Obama
    • GHW Bush
    • Ronald Reagan
    • Jimmy Carter
    • Richard Nixon
    • LBJ
    • JFK
    • FDR
    • Harding
    • Th Roosevelt
    • Andrew Johnson
    • Lincoln
    • Buchanan
    • Pierce
    • Washington
    • He will be viewed as the worst president in US history in 50 years, even if his presidency ended today.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

@EndOfCapitalism was presenting a fairly logical argument this time. 

Koneke was just ranting about nonsense with no logical argument for it.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

In my line of work, I deal with a LOT of people in psychology, psychiatry, and mental health care in general. He expected me to capitulate to an isolated opinion of a single doctor I'd never heard of and don't know when that tract was written, with what study subjects, or by whose commission. You backed him up that his point-of-view and the random doctor he quoted MUST be correct.

5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Do you now see what I'm saying?

17 minutes ago, Patine said:

In my line of work, I deal with a LOT of people in psychology, psychiatry, and mental health care in general. He expected me to capitulate to an isolated opinion of a single doctor I'd never heard of and don't know when that tract was written, with what study subjects, or by whose commission. You backed him up that his point-of-view and the random doctor he quoted MUST be correct.

I think he was just citing what he read about that Doctor to provide some professional standing to his argument.

I was referring to your unneccesarily condecending post.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I think he was just citing what he read about that Doctor to provide some proffesional standing to his argument.

I was referring to your unneccesarily condecending post.

Well, it was also his habit of "declaring victory" in debates with someone who just happens to leave it unresponded to for 10-15 minutes, and congratulate himself, I was trying to chasten as well. He's done that a few times previously to both you and Reagan04, I might remind you.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, it was also his habit of "declaring victory" in debates with someone who just happens to leave it unresponded to for 10-15 minutes, and congratulate himself, I was trying to chasten as well. He's done that a few times previously to both you and Reagan04, I might remind you.

Well, this time you responded to me so he could have possibly assumed that you ignored him as you seemed to have no rebuttal.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Well, this time you responded to me so he could have possibly assumed that you ignored him as you seemed to have no rebuttal.

Anyways, unless Anthony himself takes issue to this incident next he logs on, I'm done discussing it.

Just now, Patine said:

Anyways, unless Anthony himself takes issue to this incident next he logs on, I'm done discussing it.

Fair Enough

I just happened to walk into this ridiculous conversation. @Patine is correct on almost all levels. Let's get this back on topic and avoid ridiculous conspiracy theories and similar cultish group-think paranoia. 

13 hours ago, Patine said:

Their specific results, compared to their analogs in many other countries, and many university faculties, and the obvious, empirical evidence day-to-day in the world recently supporting climate change immensely, makes me dubious of that, I'm afraid.

One would have to be fairly ignorant not to realize the climate is changing.  How much (if any) of the change is man-made and whether people can do anything about it is highly debatable.

12 hours ago, vcczar said:

I just happened to walk into this ridiculous conversation. @Patine is correct on almost all levels. Let's get this back on topic and avoid ridiculous conspiracy theories and similar cultish group-think paranoia. 

I assume you're referring to @EndOfCapitalism's posts correct?

10 hours ago, pilight said:

One would have to be fairly ignorant not to realize the climate is changing.  How much (if any) of the change is man-made and whether people can do anything about it is highly debatable.

Agreed.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:38 PM, Wiw said:

Oh, well never mind then. Honestly, by the presence of a racist uprising and that malignant cabinet of his, I'm tempted to conclude that he is every bit as a power-hungry, neo-Nazi fascist as people have made him out to be. I beg of you, tell me I'm wrong!

tell me how trump is a fascist.

44 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

tell me how trump is a fascist.

He's not truly a Fascist himself, he just had an aggressive, populist, ultranationalist electoral campaign centred on promising easy-sounding and unrealistic solutions to the nation's problems, buying into myths and bad stereotypes, especially about minority demographics, and threatening and encouraging violence by his supporter against political opponents, which, in and of that aspect, was very reminiscent of Hitler's election campaigns in the Weimar Republic in the early '30's. Also, many Trump supporters, especially those who were amongst the ones who gave the Trump campaign it's worse image through their rabble-rousing and hooliganism, and including his original White House strategist, Steve Bannon, belonged to the so-called Alt-Right Movement, which itself has many beliefs that smack of Neo-Naziism or Neo-Fascism. But, admittedly, ideologically and in government style, Trump is not a true Fascist.