Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vcczar

Donald Trump Forum Approval Poll (September)

Donald Trump Forum Approval Poll (September)   24 members have voted

1. 1. Select that parts of Trump's president that you mostly approve of...

• Appointment of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court (following the Merrick Garland nomination episode)
    • Persistent efforts to remove Obama's legacy, even outside of Obamacare.
    • Firing Michael Flynn
    • Firing James Comey
    • Removing Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff, and replacing him with General Kelly
    • Removing Stave Bannon
    • Handling of the media
    • Use of Twitter
    • Handling of immigration
    • Military action in Syria
    • Handling of North Korea
    • Handling of Russia (including revealing classified information with Russia)
    • Handling of the Russia probe/Mueller's probe
    • Handling of the Drug War
    • Handling of the Economy
    • Withdrawing from the Paris Agreement
    • Withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
    • Handling of Mexico
    • None of these
  2. 2. Part 2 of the above

• Handling of recovery of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma
    • Handling of repeal efforts for Obamacare
    • Handling of Congress, both GOP or Democrat
    • Handling of the LGBT community
    • Handling of racial division (Charlottesville, etc.)
    • Handling of China
    • Handling of potential conflicts of interests
    • Siding with Democrats on the debt ceiling
    • Reviving the Keystone XL and Dakota Pipelines
    • Handling of NAFTA
    • Handling of our European allies
    • Appointment of Rex Tillerson as Sec of State
    • Appointment of Mnuchin for Treasury
    • Appointment of Sessions as Att Gen
    • Appointment of Mattis for Defense
    • Appointment of DeVos for Education
    • Appointment of Perry for Energy
    • Appointment of Carson for HUD
    • None of the above
  3. 3. If Donald Trump's presidency ended today, he would be viewed by most Americans in 50 years as having been a BETTER president than....

• Barack Obama
    • GHW Bush
    • Ronald Reagan
    • Jimmy Carter
    • Richard Nixon
    • LBJ
    • JFK
    • FDR
    • Harding
    • Th Roosevelt
    • Andrew Johnson
    • Lincoln
    • Buchanan
    • Pierce
    • Washington
    • He will be viewed as the worst president in US history in 50 years, even if his presidency ended today.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎11 at 5:06 PM, NYrepublican said:

I'd hardly call a 52% or so concensus an objective fact

https://realclimatescience.com/the-52-consensus/

People still believe the anti-climate-change snake oil schuyster lobby whose sole purpose in existence is to give people a false sense of security of massive amounts of airborne pollution by a fossil-fuel-driven economic and industrial machine have no long-term consequences (the funders of this lobby group/propaganda machine are obvious). What's next, people seriously believing gravity, simple thermodynamics, and mathematics are hoaxes. The lies, myths, fallacies people are talked into believing despite what's registering and screaming out in their rational, analytical minds beggars the imagination.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

People still believe the anti-climate-change snake oil schuyster lobby whose sole purpose in existence is to give people a false sense of security of massive amounts of airborne pollution by a fossil-fuel-driven economic and industrial machine have no long-term consequences (the funders of this lobby group/propaganda machine are obvious). What's next, people seriously believing gravity, simple thermodynamics, and mathematics are hoaxes. The lies, myths, fallacies people are talked into believing despite what's registering and screaming out in their rational, analytical minds beggars the imagination.

I came across this article:https://www.newscientist.com/round-up/seven-things-that-dont-make-sense-about-gravity/

Much of that smog is possibly caused by high concentration of industry in one area.

The capitalist Big Pharma has artificially created diseases and spread them to line their own pockets with people seeking a "cure".

A prime example of this, is ADHD

ADHD is a pure work of fiction that labels character traits like, liking to not stay stationary for large amounts of time as a disease of some sort.

In fact Harvard Psychologist Jerome Kagan affirmed this in an interview with the German Newspaper Der Spiegel:

SPIEGEL: In the 1960s, mental disorders were virtually unknown among children. Today, official sources claim that one child in eight in the United States is mentally ill.

Kagan: That’s true, but it is primarily due to fuzzy diagnostic practices. Let’s go back 50 years. We have a 7-year-old child who is bored in school and disrupts classes. Back then, he was called lazy. Today, he is said to suffer from ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). That’s why the numbers have soared.

SPIEGEL: Experts speak of 5.4 million American children who display the symptoms typical of ADHD. Are you saying that this mental disorder is just an invention?

Kagan: That’s correct; it is an invention. Every child who’s not doing well in school is sent to see a pediatrician, and the pediatrician says: “It’s ADHD; here’s Ritalin.” In fact, 90 percent of these 5.4 million kids don’t have an abnormal dopamine metabolism. The problem is, if a drug is available to doctors, they’ll make the corresponding diagnosis.

Furthermore, There is no objective way to prove that ADHD exists or has anything to do with the brain.

I rest my case for now.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I came across this article:https://www.newscientist.com/round-up/seven-things-that-dont-make-sense-about-gravity/

Much of that smog is possibly caused by high concentration of industry in one area.

So, regardless of whether the industry is concentrated, or spread equally across the globe, that in no way disapproves, or even really addresses the issue.

Besides, @Patine The link I included has credible resources

1 minute ago, EndOfCapitalism said:

The capitalist Big Pharma has artificially created diseases and spread them to line their own pockets with people seeking a "cure".

A prime example of this, is ADHD

ADHD is a pure work of fiction that labels character traits like, liking to not stay stationary for large amounts of time as a disease of some sort.

In fact Harvard Psychologist Jerome Kagan affirmed this in an interview with the German Newspaper Der Spiegel:

SPIEGEL: In the 1960s, mental disorders were virtually unknown among children. Today, official sources claim that one child in eight in the United States is mentally ill.

Kagan: That’s true, but it is primarily due to fuzzy diagnostic practices. Let’s go back 50 years. We have a 7-year-old child who is bored in school and disrupts classes. Back then, he was called lazy. Today, he is said to suffer from ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). That’s why the numbers have soared.

SPIEGEL: Experts speak of 5.4 million American children who display the symptoms typical of ADHD. Are you saying that this mental disorder is just an invention?

Kagan: That’s correct; it is an invention. Every child who’s not doing well in school is sent to see a pediatrician, and the pediatrician says: “It’s ADHD; here’s Ritalin.” In fact, 90 percent of these 5.4 million kids don’t have an abnormal dopamine metabolism. The problem is, if a drug is available to doctors, they’ll make the corresponding diagnosis.

Furthermore, There is no objective way to prove that ADHD exists or has anything to do with the brain.

I rest my case for now.

Because one doctor says so, that's all the evidence you need? This is like @NYrepublican's statistics and isolated articles that he quotes as absolute, incontravenable proof of his point. Many others do this too. It's called "deliberate sampled debate evidence" and is a highly suspect, even dismissible, tactic in debating circles where people know what to look for in terms of weak and highly flawed debating tactics.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Besides, @Patine The link I included has credible resources

And I'm sure they do. The quote on the page header was obviously said by a superstitious neo-Luddite, given the quote itself, or someone very paranoid and not entirely with a firm grip on reality.

@Patine Here's the resource2016-01-15-05-21-43

Because one doctor says so, that's all the evidence you need? This is like @NYrepublican's statistics and isolated articles that he quotes as absolute, incontravenable proof of his point. Many others do this too. It's called "deliberate sampled debate evidence" and is a highly suspect, even dismissible, tactic in debating circles where people know what to look for in terms of weak and highly flawed debating tactics.

Furthermore, There is no way to prove that ADHD objectively exists unlike actual mental disorders like depression which can actually be objectively proven to exist.

@Patine Here's the resource2016-01-15-05-21-43

An opinion poll? Seriously? You do know that scientific fact is not a matter of or subject to popular opinion in any way, right?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

An opinion poll? Seriously? You do know that scientific fact is not a matter of or subject to popular opinion in any way, right?

A opinion poll of experts in the field is most legitimate.

4 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

A opinion poll of experts in the field is most legitimate.

Who were these experts, what countries, universities, and institutions were represented all-in-all, and which ones had a good chance of being monetarily "compromised" by the absolutely huge amount of free money the big polluting corporations have at their disposal (and are very well-known to) to throw at people and organizations to make PR problems "go away?"

Who were these experts, what countries, universities, and institutions were represented all-in-all, and which ones had a good chance of being monetarily "compromised" by the absolutely huge amount of free money the big polluting corporations have at their disposal (and are very well-known to) to throw at people and organizations to make PR problems "go away?"

It was done by the American Meteorological Society.

It was done by the American Meteorological Society.

Too narrow of a sample for a truly reliable, unbiased result, especially with a GLOBAL issue such as we're discussing.

Too narrow of a sample for a truly reliable, unbiased result, especially with a GLOBAL issue such as we're discussing.

Why?

I'm happy I've finally convinced Patine that ADHD is a hoax by the greedy capitalists.

Why?

Because other nations' main meteorological institutions have had different conclusions and different levels of agreement and debate. That shows the American organization cannot be said to represent the issue as a whole, and there are other factors at work, swaying opinions (likely, as I strongly suspect, a number with ulterior, profit-driven motives).

Just now, Patine said:

Because other nations' main meteorological institutions have had different conclusions and different levels of agreement and debate. That shows the American organization cannot be said to represent the issue as a whole, and there are other factors at work, swaying opinions (likely, as I strongly suspect, a number with ulterior, profit-driven motives).

Well, it still is a reasonably credible source regardless.

2 minutes ago, EndOfCapitalism said:

I'm happy I've finally convinced Patine that ADHD is a hoax by the greedy capitalists.

I actually just decided not to waste my time with the argument any further since I'm convinced you have ADHD...

Well, it still is a reasonably credible source regardless.

Their specific results, compared to their analogs in many other countries, and many university faculties, and the obvious, empirical evidence day-to-day in the world recently supporting climate change immensely, makes me dubious of that, I'm afraid.

I'm shocked that for once I slightly agree with @EndOfCapitalism

I'm shocked that for once I slightly agree with @EndOfCapitalism

Well, why don't you both go into your bunkers full of guns and canned food, put on your tin-foil hats, and enjoy readings from the political spectrum of paranoid American conspiracy theory - from Noam Chomsky on the far-left to Steve Bannon on the far-right...

Just now, Patine said:

Well, why don't you both go into your bunkers full of guns and canned food, put on your tin-foil hats, and enjoy readings from the political spectrum of paranoid American conspiracy theory - from Noam Chomsky on the far-left to Steve Bannon on the far-right...

It was actually that you were unduly obnoxious in your response.

It was actually that you were unduly obnoxious in your response.

That happens when I debate long enough on the Internet and I feel reason is being abandoned and annoying tactics and links are being employed by those I'm debating with, and I'm making no headway. You've seen this before.