270soft Forum

Just now, Reagan04 said:

The GOP always runs better on conservative tickets, and Ted would have been able to tap into that somewhat, he showed that support from the grassroots.

Barry Goldwater... :S

Also, Ted Cruz has the charisma, charm, and personalibility of the archetypal tax collector and showed to be as out of touch with how the majority of Americans lived and struggled as Mitt Romney (one of the major aspects of Romney's defeat in 2012).

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Barry Goldwater... :S

Also, Ted Cruz has the charisma, charm, and personalibility of the archetypal tax collector and showed to be as out of touch with how the majority of Americans lived and struggled as Mitt Romney (one of the major aspects of Romney's defeat in 2012).

Barry Goldwater was anathema to Evangelicals. And I disagree, I think he would have lacked a lot of the credibility issues Trump faced and would have mopped the floors with Hillary in that category.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Barry Goldwater was anathema to Evangelicals. And I disagree, I think he would have lacked a lot of the credibility issues Trump faced and would have mopped the floors with Hillary in that category.

In my opinion, modern Evangelical Protestantism, especially of the "mega-church," and "televangalist" types, is an attempt to "serve both the Lord and Mammon," something Christ himself says cannot be done. It is the branch of self-identified Christian, outside bizarre, debauched, and destructive cult movements, I find the most anathema to Christ's words and minsitries. Just throwing that in there.

In my opinion, modern Evangelical Protestantism, especially of the "mega-church," and "televangalist" types, is an attempt to "serve both the Lord and Mammon," something Christ himself says cannot be done. It is the branch of self-identified Christian, outside bizarre, debauched, and destructive cult movements, I find the most anathema to Christ's words and minsitries. Just throwing that in there.

ok? I'm a Catholic lol, that is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

ok? I'm a Catholic lol, that is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

I know that. But Ted Cruz is Evangelical, and you faulted Goldwater's loss on not being strongly so, so it is relevant, if not directly to you personally.

I know that. But Ted Cruz is Evangelical, and you faulted Goldwater's loss on not being strongly so, so it is relevant, if not directly to you personally.

Ok, I'm not arguing the merits of televangelists, simply the GOTV efforts that they undeniably provide.

Think about it. What do Democrats revert to to win arguments? They cant win on Economics anymore, they gave up on that in the 80s, they lost the foreign policy debate under Bush Jr...all they have left is Civil liberties and social issues. Thats it. That is why democrats try to revert an economic discussion back to something like the "War on Women" or the "Race wars" because if they tug on the heart strings a little they turn a base out. They know they will get destroyed in an economics discussion. My solution, Run a pro Gay, weed peddlling, gun toting, black fiscal conservative, and we will win all 538....

And I mean someone that is actually black. 

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Ok, I'm not arguing the merits of televangelists, simply the GOTV efforts that they undeniably provide.

It's because they're loaded. Gifts from good service to Mammon! :P

And with that parting shot, I'll stop now...

If we ran Rand Paul who wants to legalize weed and doesn't hate the gay folks, we would have added Oregon, Washington State, Colorado, Nevada, and possibly even Illinois and Massachusetts to Trumps total making it the worst loss for Democrats ever probably....states that Republicans can only dream of winning would have flipped. 

And if its a gay weed peddling fiscal conservative black guy Republicans win 496-42

All Democrats have left is the crazy progressive liberals of Minnesota and Connecticut, the I am barely a state folks from Delaware and Rhode Island, the Mexicans that vote illegally in New mexico, The environmental crazies in Vermont, and the liberal corporatist Fishery for 3 months out of every year known as maine. 

That is all that would vote Democrat if we got Black Rand Paul. 

1 minute ago, jdm06ltd said:

Think about it. What do Democrats revert to to win arguments? They cant win on Economics anymore, they gave up on that in the 80s, they lost the foreign policy debate under Bush Jr...all they have left is Civil liberties and social issues. Thats it. That is why democrats try to revert an economic discussion back to something like the "War on Women" or the "Race wars" because if they tug on the heart strings a little they turn a base out. They know they will get destroyed in an economics discussion. My solution, Run a pro Gay, weed peddlling, gun toting, black fiscal conservative, and we will win all 538....

And I mean someone that is actually black. 

Well, it's unfortunate that such a large number of Americans unwaveringly buy into the idea that "free market, unregulated corporatist economics" is ALWAYS better, under all circumstances, than any notable regualtions at all (when historically, ALL periods of high unemployment, inflation, price increases, and EVERY recession and depresion in the 20th and 21st has been as a result of corporations abusing some lack of regulation to jack up huge profits for a tiny few first - the myth is still unshakable among the majority of Americans, and the fact that corporations WANT to lobbey laws to pay employees peanuts and strip them of all workplace protections and benefits and produce, if they  can, as low quality and cheaply-produced and services for as high a price as possible, and ratchet up huge (and largely undeserved) profit margins for the corporation and it's shareholders, who they would like to pay hugely less taxes than the common worker - but again, the unshakable among the majortiy of Americans that corporations are the objective and universal "good force" and government regulation in any meaningful way is the objective and universal "evil force"). Also, the imperialist agenda of the GOP, which is centred on fighting wars and making economic and diplomatic pressures in the Third World largely to enrich and make better business conditions for powerful, lobbying resource extraction and contracting corporations, or to "clean up messes" largely caused and enabled by such misguided wars in the first place - a la, al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and ISIS. However, many Americans not only don't question the validity of these wars, they believe it's "unpatriotic" and "un-American" to challenge, question, or protest them publically. So, if the Democratic has "lost" on these issues, they need better debater - ones who can punch through thin, tissue-paper lies that can have been entrenched in so many despite their obvious flaws and easily provable fallacies behind them.

Again a liberal turning to a part of an argument that doesn't matter. I wasnt speaking of completely unregulated Economics. I think most of the regulations we have now are fine. (Medical and insurance industries are the exception) but healthy regulations stimulate an economy. 

10 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Again a liberal turning to a part of an argument that doesn't matter. I wasnt speaking of completely unregulated Economics. I think most of the regulations we have now are fine. (Medical and insurance industries are the exception) but healthy regulations stimulate an economy. 

I find terms like "liberal" or "conservative" are artificial, deceptive, arbitrary, limiting, and often used more as slander by opponents and to force unrealisitc expectations by would be poliitcal allies, and are unproductive and outmoded, and should be moved beyond in the parlance. In my tracts above, I was referring to specific U.S. political parties and candidates, but you (and so many others in the present day) conflate them as completely analogous and synonomous with broad ideological concepts, which, in my opinion, are anachronistic and inhibiting the political discourse immensely as it is.

Tonight our first Caucus and First in the Nation primary will be decided. 

@SeanFKennedy

@Conservative Elector 2

@Reagan04

Fox News Shep Smith Discussion of the elections with Charles Krauthammer, Bret Baer, and Tucker Carlson. 

"Welcome back, I am Shepard Smith, tonight we will be calling the first Caucas in Iowa and my guests, Tucker Carlson from politico, Bret Baer from special Report, and Charles Krauthammer, and Charles how does the Caucus look to be going from where you are sitting?"

Krauthammer: polling suggests a three way race between Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee. I think it is anyone's ballgame at this point. 

Tucker: I think Charles is forgetting Sarah Palin. I also think he is forgeting that it is not winner take all in terms of delegates which opens up possibilities for a statistical 3 way tie for the lead as far as delegates are concerned.

Bret Baer: Right you are Tucker it is important to remember that Iowa is proportionate. That means everyone has the potential to walk away with delegates. As for me, I think Mike Huckabee may surprise us, he has spent the most time and most money in the state so far. 

Shep: well when we come back I will ask our guests to analyze the candidates themselves. 

(Commercial break) 

Will post part 2 this afternoon. 

in a huge upset no one saw coming....

CNN projects that Former GOP Nominee Mitt Romney has won Iowa....

1 hour ago, jdm06ltd said:

in a huge upset no one saw coming....

CNN projects that Former GOP Nominee Mitt Romney has won Iowa....

OOC: fml

tonight.....New Hampshire....

(SC and Nevada if I have time)

1 minute ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

OOC: any update for the democratic primary results?

I don't think they matter to him. He just reeks of sheepish, blind, unwavering, stereotyped, irrational partisan thinking.

Being that I am playing as whoever the president is (Democrat or Republican) i would apologize for that comment @Patine

@Patine

Is not totally wrong @michaelsdiamonds

I am playing as the GOP....and I care very little who my challenger is. If you guys would like I will post it.