270soft Forum

So. I thought it would be a good to have an RP where we simulate a presidential administration. I will play out a 2016 scenario as the Republican candidates on my game and tell you guys the result. 

We will need help with the RP:

I need 5 Senators (be creative on names or pick real ones)

5 congressmen (be creative on names or pick real ones)

5 cabinet members (will pick when I am elected) (You will play this characters they will be real political characters)

Also must have a senate and House Minority Leader 

Somone to play Vice President

A Chief of Staff

A WH Press secaratary

Senate Majority Leader

Speaker of the House

We will also have a spot open for a reporter.

@The DM would be the RPs game master and use his algorythums to determine how popular of a President I am and how popular my administration is....how votes in the house and senate go....etc

@Reagan04

@Patine

@CalebsParadox

Tag anyone else you think may be interested. I should have election results by End of day tomorrow. 

@jdm06ltd I'd be down with being the Ultra Evangelical Conservative Speaker of the House from Texas' 13th district. My name could be Bob Findlay.

I'll be Senate Majority Leader John Logs, a right-leaning moderate, a senator from Tennessee.

2 hours ago, Kingthero said:

I'll be Senate Majority Leader John Logs, a right-leaning moderate, a senator from Tennessee.

We are going to get along famously!

2 hours ago, jdm06ltd said:

dont forget to include backstories. 

Sure thing.

Name: Bob Findlay

Born: July 4th,1776 1976, Amarillo, Texas

Party: Republican

District: TX-13

Position: Speaker of the House

Background: Married to Mary Findlay since 1994. Graduated from Houston Baptist University at the Top of his Class in the Class of 1999. Elected to the Texas State House in 2002. He was elected to the Texas State Senate in 2006 with huge grassroots support. Elected to Congress in 2008, he was Elected Speaker in 2017. He is one of the youngest Speakers in History, the youngest since 1869. He is the first Hispanic Speaker, being half-Cuban, his mother having immigrated here under Castro.

Ideology: Firebrand Rock-Ribbed Republican that embodies the fiery Evangelical Conservative North Texas district he represents. He is extremely conservative on social issues and Very Laissez-Faire. He is moderate on Trade and Foreign Policy and remains a voice for the Conservative grassroots dominant in the 13th district, and now running the House of Representatives. Looking forward to making strides in bringing American Tradition back, he is averse to compromise and will fight tooth and nail for some issues, despite being more compromising to others.

Name: John Logs

Born: May 24th, 1979

Party: Republican

State: Tennessee

Position: Senate Majority Leader

Background: Born in the hills of Tennessee, Logs has been through a lot of change that has happened to his local communities. He has seen that same change do both good and bad for his hometown. He quickly climbed to fame at a local level, joining the State House in 2006, and then beating Lamar Alexander in the Republican Primary, and later his democratic rival, for the Tennessee U.S Senate seat in 2014. He was elected Senate Majority Leader in 2017, becoming one of the youngest senate majority leaders in history. How he got there? His platform: honesty, fairness, and no bullsh**.

Ideology: In his younger life, Logs was a democrat. While he has grown older, many of his positions have been pushed right. He is best described as a right-leaning moderate.

Name: Henry Mann

Born: 29th August 1978

Party:  Independent

State: New York

Position: Political Reporter for CNN

Background: Born in New York City to a German father and English mother, Mann has always had an interest in politics and journalism, running for student president multiple times, and often winning. He went to Princeton University, and soon after graduating started working as a reporter for the New York Post. In 2012, he was employed by CNN as a political reporter covering the Republican Primaries, and later became a general political correspondent. He is considered to be an ruthlessly effective operator, while still able to conduct himself in a diplomatic manner.

Ideology: Mann himself is a social liberal, but has called out the 'cultural Marxism' of the Democratic Party. Voter registers show he was affiliated with the Reform Party in 1996 , the Democratic Party in 2000 but as of late has described himself as an independent

14 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Background: Born in New York City to a German father and English mother, Mann has always had an interest in politics and journalism, running for student president multiple times, and often winning. He went to Princeton University, and soon after graduating started working as a reporter for the New York Post. In 2012, he was employed by CNN as a political reporter covering the Republican Primaries, and later became a general political correspondent. He is considered to be an ruthlessly effective operator, while still able to conduct himself in a diplomatic manner.

Ideology: Mann himself is a social liberal, but has called out the 'cultural Marxism' of the Democratic Party. Voter registers show he was affiliated with the Reform Party in 1996 , the Democratic Party in 2000 but as of late has described himself as an independent

"Cultural Marxism?" Just amazing. I wonder how many Americans today have even read any of Marx's books or even know what's really in them. Forgive me a cynical quip there...

23 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

You better write grilling pieces about me as Speaker:P

I'd be interested. I'll be Chief of Staff. (A job which is more my style)

Will send details sometime soon.

Name: Cynthia Crane

Born: September 13, 1974

State: Florida

Position: Senator

Background: Cynthia Crane was born in New Hampshire to a working class family, which relocated to Tallahassee when Cynthia was in high school. Having built a real estate empire in northern Florida, Crane decided to run for state senate in 2008, with a clear ambition for higher office. In 2014, Crane won a close race for a congressional district against a Republican wave, shocking most observers. In 2015, she announced that she would challenge incumbent Marco Rubio for Florida's Senate seat. Crane won the primary by double digits, focusing her campaign on protecting Florida from climate change, citing flooding and severe storms, while balancing small business protections. In the general, Crane positioned herself as non-partisan, having not voted for Pelosi as speaker in the House, and bucking her party on foreign policy issues, while keeping a socially liberal and environmentally friendly image. In a race that was considered a toss up, Crane won by under two percentage points, again surpassing expectations.

Ideology: Crane is a relatively moderate voice in Congress, being hawkish on foreign policy (especially when human rights are violated) and in favor of tax breaks for small business. However, she is an unabashed liberal on fighting climate change (even when it means punishing businesses), and on social issues such as LGBT-rights and abortion. She has developed a reputation for being a workhorse with a penchant for deal making.

I sincerely hope this RP overcomes the curse of all the other RPs I've seen here so far, and will take off.

@michaelsdiamonds I love that character I completely agree, I can see our characters interacting..... interestingly. But in all seriousness, I hope we do well.

24 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@michaelsdiamonds I love that character I completely agree, I can see our characters interacting..... interestingly. But in all seriousness, I hope we do well.

I have a feeling that our characters are going to have some fascinating conversations and interactions. I think that we all have some strong characters here to start with.

11 hours ago, jdm06ltd said:

So. I thought it would be a good to have an RP where we simulate a presidential administration. I will play out a 2016 scenario as the Republican candidates on my game and tell you guys the result. 

We will need help with the RP:

I need 5 Senators (be creative on names or pick real ones)

5 congressmen (be creative on names or pick real ones)

5 cabinet members (will pick when I am elected) (You will play this characters they will be real political characters)

Also must have a senate and House Minority Leader 

Somone to play Vice President

A Chief of Staff

A WH Press secaratary

Senate Majority Leader

Speaker of the House

We will also have a spot open for a reporter.

@The DM would be the RPs game master and use his algorythums to determine how popular of a President I am and how popular my administration is....how votes in the house and senate go....etc

@Reagan04

@Patine

@CalebsParadox

Tag anyone else you think may be interested. I should have election results by End of day tomorrow. 

I'm afraid that, once again, I must decline. I don't think I will have enough time to do this without becoming deadweight. :(

1 hour ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

I sincerely hope this RP overcomes the curse of all the other RPs I've seen here so far, and will take off.

If this RP is to do well, there needs to be some clear guidelines and rules given well in advance and a set time progression(though not necessarily linear)The other roleplays had the issue that time didn't really exist until the DM said so, and that makes it difficult to be realistic, influential, or really all that fun in the incredibly time sensitive nature of U.S. politics. 

If there are clear rules and genuine interest from many forum members, I will join as well. I just worry that this will be a thrown together RP that falls apart in under a week if it's not clear what it's about,how often we should be posting, what types of posts we can expect, interactions, time progression, etc.

An RP like this will also require many more people than we typically have even active in a day, so getting people on board is a must. Just by quick count, we'd need 19 members to fill out all the current roles, excluding @jdm06ltd being the Republican president. The scope might need to be limited a bit so we can do with as little as 9-10 people which is a very optimistic goal for active members. 

Its only about fun. I don't care how active anyone is. 

As for time frames the RP gamemaster will discuss that with me. He and I will both do some GMing. He uses algorithms to figure out which ways votes go and what not....as well as majoritys, and once every 2 months (in RP time) he will post approval numbers for the house, Senate and President. 

Candidates will follow within the hour. Everyone feel free to throw out your 2016 endorsements

1 minute ago, jdm06ltd said:

Its only about fun. I don't care how active anyone is. 

As for time frames the RP gamemaster will discuss that with me. He and I will both do some GMing. He uses algorithms to figure out which ways votes go and what not....as well as majoritys, and once every 2 months (in RP time) he will post approval numbers for the house, Senate and President. 

Candidates will follow within the hour. Everyone feel free to throw out your 2016 endorsements

He hasn't been online in almost a month though.

Candidates

Democrats

Vice President Joe Biden (DE)

Fmr. Sec State Hillary Clinton (NY)

Sen. Bernie Sanders (VT)

Gov. Martin O Malley (MD)

Sen. Jim Webb (VA)

Fmr. Sen John Kerry (MA)

Republicans

Businessman Donald J Trump (NY)

Fmr nominee Mitt Romney (MA)

Fmr Gov Sarah Palin (AK)

Gov John Kasich (OH)

Sen. Lindsey Graham (SC)

Sen Rand Paul (KY)

Businesswoman Carly Fiorina (CA)

Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)

Sen. Marco Rubio (FL)

Fmr. Gov Mike Huckabee (AR)

Thems be yer candidates

5 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Candidates

Democrats

Sen. Bernie Sanders (VT)

Sen. Jim Webb (VA)

Fmr. Sen John Kerry (MA)

Republicans

Fmr Gov Sarah Palin (AK)

Gov John Kasich (OH)

Sen. Lindsey Graham (SC)

Sen Rand Paul (KY)

Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)

Sen. Marco Rubio (FL)

Thems be yer candidates

As fellow firebran and fellow Young Texan, I make my enthusiastic support for Ted Cruz well-known across the nation on the stump with him, this should take a lot of air away from Palin with the Christian Conservative Grassroots base as I'm pretty popular in that crowd, plus being a well-known Speaker of the House.

7 hours ago, jdm06ltd said:

Candidates

Democrats

Sen. Bernie Sanders (VT)

Sen. Jim Webb (VA)

Fmr. Sen John Kerry (MA)

Republicans

Fmr Gov Sarah Palin (AK)

Gov John Kasich (OH)

Sen. Lindsey Graham (SC)

Sen Rand Paul (KY)

Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)

Sen. Marco Rubio (FL)

Thems be yer candidates

I proudly endorse Secretary Hillary Clinton. Our nation has progressed greatly in the past 8 years, and we can not turn back. Clinton is someone who knows what foreign policy interaction looks like, and will take steps to continue our leadership on the world's stage, while protecting our hard fought rights at home. What I look forward to most is beginning to work with her to improve Obamacare once I am in the Senate, and she in the Oval Office.