270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

What would everyone rather see?

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

I'm going to ask outright, because I'm suffering a little bit of indecision at the moment. Would people on this forum like me to do a bunch of random, ad hoc, and chosen with no solid pattern but my own interest at the time historical scenarios, or to devote to building some version or other my hypothetical near future world set of scenarios from various polities building up into a forward-moving storyline that I've previewed three drafts for (in terms of the rough storyline) already?

36 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

i like see your historicals scenarios principally from others countrys you have listed

I'd like to see you resume Latin American scenarios. It's a notable gap in mine, and everyone else's stated queues. That would be my encouragement to you.

Do whatever interests you most. 

21 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'd like to see you resume Latin American scenarios. It's a notable gap in mine, and everyone else's stated queues. That would be my encouragement to you.

i created these days rio de janeiro and sao paulo mayoral and first election of brazil are ''done'' i will create more scenarios

11 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

i created these days rio de janeiro and sao paulo mayoral and first election of brazil are ''done'' i will create more scenarios

The upcoming 2018 Mexican election might be fun. Since 2000, Mexico went from a 91-year one-party state to a two-party system overnight. And now several left-leaning coalitions are leading in the polls in a few States. It might be an interesting race.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

The upcoming 2018 Mexican election might be fun. Since 2000, Mexico went from a 91-year one-party state to a two-party system overnight. And now several left-leaning coalitions are leading in the polls in a few States. It might be an interesting race.

brazil 2018 are interessating too 3 candidates in disputing with one vantage for conservative the right wing party are created after decades without party and candidate, i will working on argentina and paraguay

1 minute ago, victorraiders said:

brazil 2018 are interessating too 3 candidates in disputing with one vantage for conservative the right wing party are created after decades without party and candidate, i will working on argentina and paraguay

Oh, by the way, before I forget, Happy Independence Day! ;)

@Patine I'd like to see more legislative campaigns ideally for CI.

Also the race for City Council Speaker seems set to be interesting

8 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Also the race for City Council Speaker seems set to be interesting

I'm afraid to say a speaker election of any legislative body, like confirmation elections and referendums, are scenarios that I consider perfectly valid and an expression of political affairs, and I may play certain ones, but I personally have no interest in those types of scenarios myself, as a scenario designer.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm afraid to say a speaker election of any legislative body, like confirmation elections and referendums, are scenarios that I consider perfectly valid and an expression of political affairs, and I may play certain ones, but I personally have no interest in those types of scenarios myself, as a scenario designer.

I'm thinking of doing it it's setting up to be a big race.

http://cityandstateny.com/articles/politics/campaigns-and-elections/new-york-city-council-speaker-primary-preview.html#.WbHlysiGOUk

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Exactly how influencial and powerful is the Speaker of the New York City Council, exactly. I ask, because the City Council of my home city, which has a bit over a million people, so it's not exactly small, has no speaker or any analogous officer or position at all. 

Just now, Patine said:

Exactly how influencial and powerful is the Speaker of the New York City Council, exactly. I ask, because the City Council of my home city, which has a bit over a million people, so it's not exactly small, has no speaker or any analogous officer or position at all. 

Pretty significant, they wield significant influence in the Council and can get things passed. For example, Bloomberg's term limits extension overturning two referenda was backed by then speaker Christine Quinn and that may have saved it. With a De Blasio backed speaker from 2014 (when he took office) until now it's more or less been more of a  rubber stamp for De Blasio because of the extreme progressive leanings except for the rare case when the Mayor and the Council clash like they did recently over a police surveilance bill.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Pretty significant, they wield significant influence in the Council and can get things passed. For example, Bloomberg's term limits extension overturning two referenda was backed by then speaker Christine Quinn and that may have saved it. With a De Blasio backed speaker from 2014 (when he took office) until now it's more or less been more of a  rubber stamp for De Blasio because of the extreme progressive leanings except for the rare case when the Mayor and the Council clash like they did recently over a police surveilance bill.

Oh that bill would've forced the NYPD to reveal their anti-terrorism tactics as well as all surveilance technology.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Oh that bill would've forced the NYPD to reveal their anti-terrorism tactics as well as all surveilance technology.

Oh, God forbid the Orwellian laws and policies we live under "for our own protection" be at all accountable or with meaningful limits... :S

Just now, Patine said:

Oh, God forbid the Orwellian laws and policies we live under "for our own protection" be at all accountable or with meaningful limits... :S

No not to the Council to the public with a guide all about them basically giving people a guide on how to get around them.

No not to the Council to the public with a guide all about them basically giving people a guide on how to get around them.

I remember reading a quote by an Independent MP in Australia from rural Victoria back in the '40's responding to the Hawke Government's (I think it was Hawke) overreaching national security laws and withholding information from the public (or deliberately altering it). He was probably quoting an Enlightenment Era social philosopher.

"A government that is, by it's own laws, chosen by and empowered by it's citizens, has no right or privilege to keep secrets from those citizens, especially those secrets that can and will easily bring the citizens harm and distress."

@Patine You also seem to forget that with good reason NYC especially the NYPD is extremely paranoid about security. In fact,I've seen ads talking about how Airbnb won't give the  NYPD guest info even though they do it for other cities.

@Patine You also seem to forget that with good reason NYC especially the NYPD is extremely paranoid about security. In fact,I've seen ads talking about how Airbnb won't give the  NYPD guest info even though they do it for other cities.

The only "good" reason for paranoia is an imbalance in brain chemistry inadvertently affecting people's perceptions of the world around them. In all other cases, paranoia is unproductive, even counter-productive, and should not be allowed to become an "acceptable default" state of mentality. 

@Patine it's worked 2017 it set to have the lowest amounts of violent crime on record so there's a good reason why people like the NYPD's good policing.( That will need to include having secrets at times like how many news organizations won't publish adressess or other personal info of reporters)

17 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine it's worked 2017 it set to have the lowest amounts of violent crime on record so there's a good reason why people like the NYPD's good policing.( That will need to include having secrets at times like how many news organizations won't publish adressess or other personal info of reporters)

In the novel (and book) "Minority Report," there hadn't been a murder in their setting in several decades, but the reason why was revealed to be quite sinister, in the end.