270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Patine Current Planned Scenario Queue

2 hours ago, Patine said:

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

My list of planned, high priority election scenarios has been significantly trimmed. It stands as follows:

-Germany 1871 and 1912

-Austria 1911 and Hungary 1910 (Dual Monarchy)

-Russia 1912 (State Duma) and 1917 (Constituent Assembly)

-Ottoman Empire 1908

-France (National Assembly) 1951

-Alberta 1909, 1917, 1921, 1935, and 1940

-Canada 1921, 1935, 1940, and 1957

-Manitoba 1870

-England 1640

-Great Britain 1774, 1780, and 1797

-United Kingdom 1900 and 1918

-Wisconsin 1902

-Czechoslovakia 1920

-Several Undecided Elections in Japan and India

-South Africa 1994

-Mexico 2000

Mexico 2000 is one I look forward to as we studied it in my class recently :)

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

Added just a few more, but a modest, number of elections to the previous recent list (it's been edited).

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎12 at 9:30 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Germany 1912 tho

I'm not clear here. Is this a question, a statement of exceptional interest, or something else?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Added just a few more, but a modest, number of elections to the previous recent list (it's been edited).

I'm not clear here. Is this a question, a statement of exceptional interest, or something else?

That 1912 election will be a pain to make. 

4 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

That 1912 election will be a pain to make. 

Why is that? It worked like the other pre-WW1 Imperial German Reichstag elections - it just happened to be the last of them.

12 hours ago, Patine said:

Why is that? It worked like the other pre-WW1 Imperial German Reichstag elections - it just happened to be the last of them.

I was just thinking of the high number of parties in that election. Granted as an American, anything above 2 is high lol. 
What game will you be making the 1912 scenario on?

4 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I was just thinking of the high number of parties in that election. Granted as an American, anything above 2 is high lol. 
What game will you be making the 1912 scenario on?

Congress Forever, actually. The Pre-WW1 Imperial German Reichstag was FPTP (unlike in the Weimar Republic and Federal Republic of Germany) and, like the American Congress, had purely legislative duties - the German Chancellor, though he had to push his budgets and agendas through the Reichstag (Otto von Bismarck, in his day, had a coalition of several parties that generally supported him, and others that were in opposition to him), the Chancellor of the Pre-WW1 German Empire was appointed and dismissed by the Kaiser alone, and never sat, himself, in the Reichstag, as a member in those days, though the Reichstag was capable of making a "vote of not confidence" on him, this was technically symbolic, to show the disapproval of the majority of the Reichstag of the job the Chancellor was doing, and was only ever done twice, though in both cases led the Chancellor in question to resign, considering his position unworkable, but he didn't technically have the legal obligation to resign.