270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Patine Current Planned Scenario Queue

This is my current planned wishlist of scenarios I would like to take on prior to the addition of PR, MMP, STV, and updated Australian system to the games (which will greatly expand my list, when that halsean day finally occurs):

-Reichstag Elections of the German Empire (1871-1912)

-Imperial Russian State Duma Elections (1906-1912)

-Meiji Japanese Diet Elections (1890-1941)

-Austrian Imperial Council (1849-1918) and Hungarian Royal Diet (1865-1918 and 1920-1939) and some select Austro-Hungarian Provincial Landtag or Sabor elections

-Royal Yugoslavian Parliament (1919-1941 - possibly also Serbian and Montenegrin Royal Parliaments prior to WW1)

-Pre-WW2 Greek, Bulgarian, and Romanian Royal Parliaments

-Ottoman Grand National Assembly (1876-1912 - arguably, also 1919)

-Very old British and English Parliamentary Elections

-Some American House and Senate elections (mostly quite historical)

-Possibly Confederate House election 1863

-Canadian elections (both Federal, Provincial, and Territorial, mostly historical)

-Some Anglo-Caribbean National Parliamentary

-South Africa 1912, 1924, 1948, and 1989 (the others were very dull and one-sided)

-Some pre-1996 New Zealand Parliamentary

-Russian Presidential 1996

-Some select historical U.S. gubernatorial elections that I personally find interesting (possibly)

-Egypt Presidential 2012

-Indian Parliamentary scenarios (Federal and State)

-British, French, and Dutch Colonial Elected Assemblies in various colonies (mostly former colonies) at various points in history

-Vermont Republic Gubernatorial and General Assembly and Boer Republic State Presidential and Volksraad elections

-Some Iranian elections, both Pahlavi and Islamic Republic era

DISCALIMER: I am not claiming I will or CAN do all of the scenarios in this range - it is just a realm or delineation, and I will pick and choose which ones in this range interest me enough to actually do.

I'd be nice if we had an A.I that could just teach itself to make scenarios

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I'd be nice if we had an A.I that could just teach itself to make scenarios

If we had such advanced, pre-sentient AI's, how long would it be before a Captain Power, Terminator, Matrix, or recent movie I, Robot (as the original book by Isaac Asimov was NOT at all like that, and Asimov personally had a great distaste in his own lifetime for Man vs. Machine or Robot Rebellions and Tyrannies, and refused to personally write about them) type scenario?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

If we had such advanced, pre-sentient AI's, how long would it be before a Captain Power, Terminator, Matrix, or recent movie I, Robot (as the original book by Isaac Asimov was NOT at all like that, and Asimov personally had a great distaste in his own lifetime for Man vs. Machine or Robot Rebellions and Tyrannies, and refused to personally write about them) type scenario?

People were able to make an A.I that taught itself how to play Super Mario World so who knows?

Just now, NYrepublican said:

People were able to make an A.I that tought itself how to play Super Mario World so who knows?

But these AI's are not yet advanced or aware enough to make a judgement about their creators, which is the basis point of the fictional franchises I listed above.

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

Some others that MAY (but are lower priority) to possibly go on the list (again, pre-alternate legislative election system updates being implemented):

-Polish Parliamentary Elections (1919-1935)

-Pre-WW2 Belgian and Dutch Parliamentary Elections

-POSSBLY South Rhodesia (historically becoming Zimbabwe) 1980 - it was a landslide and a blowout, but probably the last legitimate election to date in the country)

-Malawi Parliamentary and Presidential 1994 and Zambian Parliamentary and Presidential 1998 (both held after 30 years of one-party rule since their respective independence, and each ending with the incumbent ruling party losing in a landslide)

-Pre-Mussolini Italian Parliamentary (and maybe a few of the predecessor nations shortly before Italian unification)

-Some Republic of China/Taiwanese Elections

-Some Malaysian, Singaporean, Indonesian, Fijian, Nauruan, Tuvaluan, Vanuatuan, I-Kiribati, Micronesian, Palauan, Marshallese, Tongan, Samoan (Western or Independent State), and Solomon Islander Elections

@Patine Why don't you put your resources online so people can make these scenarios quicker (I understand you've collected resources for many of these)

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

Almost forgot my planned French Revolutionary scenarios (Legislative Assembly 1791, National Convention 1792, and Council of 500 and Council of Ancients 1795 and 1798, as well as POSSIBLY some of the French Chamber of Deputies elections under the Royal Charter of the Bourbon Restoration and July Monarchy (1815-1846), the sole National Assembly and Presidential elections of the Second Republic (both in 1848), and maybe some of the French Legislative Body elections of the Second Empire (1852-1869).

2 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

have working on one's?

I have a lot of resources for most of these. Thus starting one would not be difficult. I have a good start on the 1871 German Reichstag scenario, but that's not the, by far, the only one I plan to pursue.

24 minutes ago, Patine said:

I have a lot of resources for most of these. Thus starting one would not be difficult. I have a good start on the 1871 German Reichstag scenario, but that's not the, by far, the only one I plan to pursue.

Why don't you post those online so people can make these scenarios?

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Why don't you post those online so people can make these scenarios?

And where am I going to get a metric craptonne of free upload space without annoying mandatory advertising, per se?

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

And where am I going to get a metric craptonne of free upload space without annoying mandatory advertising, per se?

http://www.files.com/

Make an account or put it in a few .ZIP files

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

http://www.files.com/

Make an account or put it in a few .ZIP files

I'm afraid I don't have the huge amount of free time or dedication to tedium to do that. I'll have to do things in an ad hoc and adaptive way as individual circumstances come up.

One more POSSIBLE area of scenarios I might consider (again, pre-more electoral systems added and as a framework and outer boundary, with no plan to fill out the list entirely or think that's realistic - just doing what interests me) is a few select British local councils (namely Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly, the Isle of Wight, Orkney, and Shetland are what interest me here), British Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories (the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey (and it's subordinate but autonomous islands of Alderney and Sark), Gibraltar, Bermuda, the Turks and Caicos Islands, the British Virgin Islands, Montserrat, Anguilla, the Cayman Islands, St. Helena, Ascension Island, Terra Cuena, the Falkland Islands, and Pitcairn Island), and the five American External Territories (Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa), as well as some Hawai'ian Royal Legislature elections from 1840-1893, and MAYBE some Ghanaian, Nigerian, and Kenyan elections, and the most recent one in the Gambia. That (in the total of this whole thread) would be my broad boundaries (not even a claim or belief it would be a list to fill out exhaustively - I won't even pretend) of scenario interest before new whole electoral systems are introduced by Anthony (but since he's dragging his feet on that...).

@Patine Please get that Reichstag Scenario done before we talk about long term plans.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

@Patine Please get that Reichstag Scenario done before we talk about long term plans.

I appreciate the advice and the sentiment behind it, but I'm 41 years old  and quite comfortable with mixing long-term planning with short-term activity. Autumn will give me more time for it (and the others down my queue), as it will start getting dark earlier and chillier outside and I'll be indoors for the night earlier.

So any news on this front?

26 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

So any news on this front?

At the moment, while I wait for certain post-Soviet State maps (subtle hint) and am in the process of translating painstakingly some files from German that may be useful in my Reichstag 1871 scenario, I'm going to do some of the historical Canadian Federal, Provincial, and Territorial elections I had planned, as they will be incredibly easy, as I have all the maps I would need (except PEI and the modern NWT) and very detailed and accurate information, relatively speaking, in English.

At the moment, while I wait for certain post-Soviet State maps (subtle hint) and am in the process of translating painstakingly some files from German that may be useful in my Reichstag 1871 scenario, I'm going to do some of the historical Canadian Federal, Provincial, and Territorial elections I had planned, as they will be incredibly easy, as I have all the maps I would need (except PEI and the modern NWT) and very detailed and accurate information, relatively speaking, in English.

@Patine I've been very busy lately sorry about that.

I've resumed work on this.

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

My list of planned, high priority election scenarios has been significantly trimmed. It stands as follows:

-Germany 1871 and 1912

-Austria 1911 and Hungary 1910 (Dual Monarchy)

-Russia 1912 (State Duma) and 1917 (Constituent Assembly)

-Ottoman Empire 1908

-France 1791,1792, 1795, 1799, and 1951 (National Assembly)

-Alberta 1909, 1917, 1921, 1935, and 1940

-Canada 1921, 1935, 1940, and 1957

-Manitoba 1870

-British Columbia 1952, 1975, and 1991

-England 1640

-Great Britain 1774, 1780, and 1797

-United Kingdom 1900 and 1918

-Scotland 1999

-Several possible Isle of Man, Jersey, and Guernsey scenarios (years undecided)

-United States House of Representatives 1854-1862

-Wisconsin 1902

-Czechoslovakia 1920

-Several Undecided Elections in Japan and India

-South Africa 1994

-Mexico 2000

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams

My list of planned, high priority election scenarios has been significantly trimmed. It stands as follows:

-Germany 1871 and 1912

-Austria 1911 and Hungary 1910 (Dual Monarchy)

-Russia 1912 (State Duma) and 1917 (Constituent Assembly)

-Ottoman Empire 1908

-France (National Assembly) 1951

-Alberta 1909, 1917, 1921, 1935, and 1940

-Canada 1921, 1935, 1940, and 1957

-Manitoba 1870

-England 1640

-Great Britain 1774, 1780, and 1797

-United Kingdom 1900 and 1918

-Wisconsin 1902

-Czechoslovakia 1920

-Several Undecided Elections in Japan and India

-South Africa 1994

-Mexico 2000

Thanks for putting Germany 1871 back on that list.