Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Personal 2020 Election Play by Play

Recommended Posts

Just now, Patine said:

Sure. *bites into an apple* :P

@Patine I'm largely touch-typing so I will have errors in my spelling sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NYrepublican And actually, the common movement today is "Equal pay for EQUAL WORK," which your counter-arguement, typo aside, does not actually address or offer any real rebuttal to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patine said:

@NYrepublican And actually, the common movement today is "Equal pay for EQUAL WORK," which your counter-arguement, typo aside, does not actually address or offer any real rebuttal to.

I didn't want to hijack the thread with a debate about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

I didn't want to hijack the thread with a debate about it.

It's a debate you can't win without looking like a retrograde, old-school, patriarchal, sexist from the 18th Century, frankly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Patine said:

It's a debate you can't win without looking like a retrograde, old-school, patriarchal, sexist from the 18th Century, frankly.

Why exactly? Because Liberalism is the new state religion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

Why exactly? Because Liberalism is the new state religion?

No, not at all. It's just that I've never heard a fiscal Conservative justify (without sounding insulting, patronizing, or contrived or just quoting profit margins or outmoded social norms) paying a woman in the same company or government employer doing the same job for the same number of hours with the same competency less JUST because she's a woman, and for no other obvious reason, and that being considered acceptable to the point of a norm that can be defended tooth and nail and feel just, right, and moral in doing so. Can you explain this and make the policy come out smelling out like roses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After month of quiet, Sec. Warren explodes!

Nov, 13th

Sec. Warren came out today swinging claiming that "we were safer during the cold war than we are right now under Pres. Clinton". Some are citing Sec. Warren's recent drop in numbers as her leading factor to make such a claim. The Republicans are still being led by Bush and Ernst making it once again a boring primary season for the Republicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

No, not at all. It's just that I've never heard a fiscal Conservative justify (without sounding insulting, patronizing, or contrived or just quoting profit margins or outmoded social norms) paying a woman in the same company or government employer doing the same job for the same number of hours with the same competency less JUST because she's a woman, and for no other obvious reason, and that being considered acceptable to the point of a norm that can be defended tooth and nail and feel just, right, and moral in doing so. Can you explain this and make the policy come out smelling out like roses?

I didn't advocate that I'm just saying in the U.S there's differences in the amounts of women and men in  various fields and hours worked on various jobs which the 77 cents per dollar statistic doesn't account for, it also doesn't adjust for location (In some places mostly male fields like construction work may be worth more)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Patine Also if there was such a substantial wage gap wouln't women enjoy a substantial market advantage? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sec. Warren down and out?

Dec, 1st

Sec. Warren said today at a book signing that she was happier in the Senate, and that taking a job in the cabinet was the biggest mistake of her life. This is an obvious result of Clinton's Presidency Sen. Ernst said today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I didn't advocate that I'm just saying in the U.S there's differences in the amounts of women and men in  various fields and hours worked on various jobs which the 77 cents per dollar statistic doesn't account for, it also doesn't adjust for location (In some places mostly male fields like construction work may be worth more)

 

7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine Also if there was such a substantial wage gap wouln't women enjoy a substantial market advantage? 

*shakes head sadly at the state and beliefs of the up and coming youth and the mess they'll make of the world in several decades*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

 

*shakes head sadly at the state and beliefs of the up and coming youth and the mess they'll make of the world in several decades*

What's so depressing about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As McConnell is buried, poll finds Pelosi unpopular!

Dec, 5th

McConnell was buried today in Kentucky. Most Senators, the President, 7 Governors, and over 50 House members were in attendance. Many saw the presidential candidates were taking this as a publicity stunt. A new poll out today finds Pelosi is the most unpopular House leader since 1980.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gov. Bevin appoints Elaine Chao as McConnell's replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anonymous source says most of Clinton's cabinet no longer views her favorably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pres. Clinton screws up as Texas puts up!

Jan, 9th

Texas has ratified the 28th Amendment while Pres. Clinton said at a press conference today that it's "unfair to vote just for Michelle Obama just because shes Black." This will likely hurt her dearly especially since the Iowa Caucuses are next week. She currently leads Sen. Booker by 20 points nationally, but with Obama in a close third. The Republicans have watched as Sen. Ernst close in polling to Bush by 2 more points making it only 5 that separate them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sens Ernst and Scott are most popular Senators finds new ABC poll!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rove and Pelosi take Iowa!

Today showed the weakness of Clinton, Ernst, and Bush! With New Hampshire around the corner who will win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sanser2016 said:

Rove and Pelosi take Iowa!

Today showed the weakness of Clinton, Ernst, and Bush! With New Hampshire around the corner who will win?

A political advisor and RNC staff (as his sole experience) with the charisma of an eel wins Iowa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another comeback kid and Rove keeps the momentum going!

Pres. Clinton smelled blood in the water and took to New Hampshire just as he husband did 24 years prior. Mrs. Obama and Sen. J. Brown's fall in the polls aided in Pres. Clinton's 18 point rise this last week. Rove cemented his spot in the top 5 with his second win. Can our winners keep going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patine said:

A political advisor and RNC staff (as his sole experience) with the charisma of an eel wins Iowa?

He's a political strategist? Maybe he let Bush and Ernst tear themselves up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McMorris Rodgers and Obama win making today a great day to be a woman!

Today as Nevada went for McMorris Rodgers and Michigan went for Obama, Georgia ratifies the 28th Amendment. One week until super Tuesday who will take the bulk of the delegates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heidi Cruz leaves Ted after he hits her on camera! Campaign in a downspiral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×