270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Personal 2020 Election Play by Play

So since im flooded in, being in the hurricane right now and don't really have anything to do I think i'm going to do a play by play of my personal 2020 campaign.

@Sanser2016 my prayers are for you and your family. 

Thanks, i'm in a good area so only the streets are flooded not the houses.

The 2018 House election results
218 GOP, 188 Dem, 27 Ame, 1 Lib, 1 Con

The 2018 Senate election results

53 GOP, 40 Dem, 7 Ame

Ok so some back ground on the election:

The 2016 nominees/results

Dem: Clinton/Castro - 356 (48.3%)
GOP: Palin/Bush - 182 (35.9%)
Tea: Cruz/Rubio - (10.9%)
Lib: Paul/Johnson - (3.6%)
Green:Stein/I forgot - (1.3%)

The Tea Party was created in protest of the moderate candidates of the Republican party.

The American is a far right social, far left economic nationalist party created in retaliation of the public being fed up with the 2 party system.

The backdrop of this election is that the American public is not particularly happy with the President and thinks that she is a lame duck President especially with there only being 40 Democratic Senators. She has fought ISIS, but after 4 years of fighting in Syria the public is tired of that. There is also a huge thing with the 28th Amendment - Which forces equal pay- being fought in the state legislators she has been too busy to campaign. Now with others seeking her weakness some have jumped in.

2020 candidates - Starting Aug. 1st, 2019

Dem:

Clinton - 42%

Warren - 8.7%

Booker - 8.2%

J. Brown - 6.6%

Obama - 5.8%

Schatz - 4.1%

Pelosi - 3.6

Wolf - 0.6

GOP:

Bush - 28.8%

Ernst - 17.4%

Scott - 11.7%

McMorris Rodgers - 6.1%

Rove - 6.1%

Issa - 6%

Tipton - 2.3%

Westmoreland - 1.7%

Ame:

Murphy - 57.3%

Talos - 23.4%

Tea:

Cruz - 24.2%

Palin - 19.1%

Rubio - 14.5%

Brat - 11.5%

Webster - 10.5%

Lib:

Paul - 37.2%

Vaughn - 26.5%

Steele - 16.5%

Green:

Stein - 38.1%

Barr - 27.3%

Eder - 11.3%

La Riva - 3.4%

2020 Presidential Election Underway!

Currently the Republicans and Democrats are tied with 39% each 235 for Clinton and 255 for whoever the Republican nominee is.

Bombshell as the election is heated up for the Republicans!
Aug, 8th

Pope Francis announced today that he will step down next year, there is not a date set, but he cites that he has done all he can for the world. The Republican primaries have gotten closer as Bush fell 2 points after campaigning lightly. Ernst and Scott have campaigned frequently in the South which is considered weak for the Republican front runner. Also a poll came out today showing that the third party the Americans is the most popular party ahead of the Democrats and Republicans, striking a blow to Clinton and Bush as the front runners.

Blow to the Republicans!
Aug, 12th

The Republicans fell 7 points in a match-up to incumbent President Clinton. She now leads 40-33, some are stating that it might be in response to the poll that came out a couple of days ago stating that the Republicans were the third most popular political party. Bush's numbers have stabilized while Ernst and Scott fell a couple of points. New York also became the 10th State to ratify the 28th Amendment. Can the Republicans come back we still have more than a year, so the answer is yes.

Typical month for politics.

Sep, 2nd

Florida ratified the 28th Amendment, while the primary candidates moved around the country. Clinton still leads by 41% nationally. Bush is still topping the field with 26% that is 10% more than his closest opponent Ernst. The general is still being led by the Democrats which have gained 3% more on their lead. The Republicans are not losing steam though, they are still coming at the Democrats and more importantly Clinton.

Clinton's Approval hits 35% as ISIS and the Republicans run rampant.

3 minutes ago, Sanser2016 said:

Clinton's Approval hits 35% as ISIS and the Republicans run rampant.

Oh, my, ISIS and the Republicans "running rampant" as a single statement. I believe that may trigger strong feelings in certain posters on this forum... :P

Clinton takes huge hit in the polls!

Sep, 9th

Less than 5 days after the numbers came out saying Clinton's numbers are only at 35% approval her primary numbers took a 5 point nosedive. Booker is now only 36% below her and seems apparent that he still has room to grow. Ernst has closed her gap with Bush and now is only 8% away. The Republicans have also closed the general election polling gap from 10 points to less than 8. Will Clinton's poll numbers continue to drive?

Just now, Patine said:

Oh, my, ISIS and the Republicans "running rampant" as a single statement. I believe that may trigger strong feelings in certain posters on this forum... :P

I figured thats a headline that a left leaning newspaper would put out. They're gonna love the next few headlines i bet :)

Good and Bad news for the lame-duck President.
Sep, 13th

Today Justice Ginsburg said that she would like to retire under a more liberal President. This come 2 days after Clinton came under fire for inquiring why all the Democrats were in Hawaii campaigning when it was New York that was attacked on 9/11. Clinton's campaign has not responded to questions. Maine also today has ratified the 28th Amendment. 

Cracks in Clinton's wall?
Sep, 16th

New polls out today spells major disaster for Pres. Clinton, for a second week in a row she dropped 5 points. She lost leads in Iowa and Massachusetts both to Sen. Warren. Clinton's campaign released a statement that they have been focusing on ISIS and the passage of the 28th Amendment and that's why their poll numbers aren't as high as they should be. The Democrats have held their lead in the general election polling with +8 points. Can Republicans catch up?

Booker takes a swipe at Pres. Clinton!

Sep,17th

Sen. Booker said in a campaign event that Pres. Clinton is a closet Republican and should not be the Democrats nominee next year. He put himself up as the alternative. Clinton's week just got worse with these statements making it seem that her political career might as well be over.

Clinton is freefall!
Sep, 23rd

Pres. Clinton's numbers have fallen even further, 7.5 points to be exact, she now sits at a 33.8% Booker is her closest opponent, but all her opponents have profited from her freefall making it unlikely that at this moment anyone can capture the majority of delegates. General election polls have closed with Clinton at 44.5 to the GOP's 40.5. Can Clinton recover?

Good Day for Clinton!

Sep, 30th
Clinton has very good news today with her polling numbers bouncing back 5 points while the good news of NM, MD, and CO all ratify the 28th Amendment. Sen. Ernst broke 20% today but she is still 9% behind Bush who still leads the field. Will is be Clinton V. Bush again? We'll see won't we.

What exactly was the 28th amendment in that scenario again?

Clinton meets with Senators to simmer anger

Oct, 7th

Pres. Clinton met with Sens Booker, Schatz, and J. Brown to calm them after a crazy month. This comes the same day that Sec. of defense Bob Mendez promises ISIS will be defeated in less than 6 months.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

What exactly was the 28th amendment in that scenario again?

Equal pay for women and men.

Personally I believe the whole equal pay issue is illogical (It doesn't account for differences in position,hours worked and so on) but that's a story for another time.

Just now, Sanser2016 said:

Clinton meets with Senators to simmer anger

Oct, 7th

Pres. Clinton met with Sens Booker, Schatz, and J. Brown to calm them after a crazy month. This comes the same day that Sec. of defense Bob Mendez promises ISIS will be defeated in less than 6 months.

Isn't that a similar timeline (if not the same time period exactly, I recall it was not far off) that LBJ said it would take to "pacify" the Viet Cong in South Vietnam?

Just now, Patine said:

A theological Freudian slip?

no just a typo that I'll correct now.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

no just a typo that I'll correct now.

Sure. *bites into an apple* :P