Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

NYC election series

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking of doing a NYC election series for PI and CI

It will cover elections post 1993 (Which I can find information for and which I'm sure the Council elections will work for)

My 2013 (and 2015 DA) election will count toward this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I'm thinking of doing a NYC election series for PI and CI

It will cover elections post 1993 (Which I can find information for and which I'm sure the Council elections will work for)

My 2013 (and 2015 DA) election will count toward this

But most of the best, most competitive, and most interesting elections in NYC were pre-1993.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

But most of the best, most competitive, and most interesting elections in NYC were pre-1993.

It just can't be City Council elections since the modern system only began implementation in 1993.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

It just can't be City Council elections since the modern system only began implementation in 1993.

But the older sytem, while different, must be able to be emulated, if in a different scenario format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

But the older sytem, while different, must be able to be emulated, if in a different scenario format.

From 1938 - 1947 it was STV in a PR system

from 1947-1993 One member was elected per NY senate district in the City and two members elected at large from each of the 5 boroughs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:55 PM, Patine said:

But the older sytem, while different, must be able to be emulated, if in a different scenario format.

Yet it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×