Nulla Lex Ink.

President Infinity - Custom 1824 Error

30 posts in this topic

I recently purchased President Infinity, and after playing around with it awhile I decided to download all of the available historical scenarios from 270soft Campaigns. As far as I know, they all work fine, except for 1824.

Here's the link to where I downloaded it: http://campaigns.270soft.com/category/president-infinity/pi_1824/

When I discovered this error last night I was just observing instead of actually trying to play, so I had it set to auto-spin and turned on the 7 day turns feature. When I end my turn, I end up with this error: "TGameEngine::ProcessTurns () > Code = 390 Access violation at address 004581C0 in module 'PI.exe'. Read of address 00000008" I tried doing it without the auto-spin and also with 7 day turns turned off, but the error still pops up.

Also, whenever I move the file from it's Zip folder to user_scenarios, something will pop up saying that I have two files named "Thumbs.db." I've tried everything from skipping the files to replacing them, but nothing seems to fix the error. I'm not even sure it's related, I just thought I would say so in the event that it is.

This is an image of what's happening, for clearer reference:

Untitled.png.8249d25f8e87167c7aa9a5c9ba8f87d9.png

I was just wondering if this is a problem on my end or if it's something that needs to be patched. I apologize if this isn't something that warrants its own thread, but any help would be greatly appreciated :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

I recently purchased President Infinity, and after playing around with it awhile I decided to download all of the available historical scenarios from 270soft Campaigns. As far as I know, they all work fine, except for 1824.

Here's the link to where I downloaded it: http://campaigns.270soft.com/category/president-infinity/pi_1824/

When I discovered this error last night I was just observing instead of actually trying to play, so I had it set to auto-spin and turned on the 7 day turns feature. When I end my turn, I end up with this error: "TGameEngine::ProcessTurns () > Code = 390 Access violation at address 004581C0 in module 'PI.exe'. Read of address 00000008" I tried doing it without the auto-spin and also with 7 day turns turned off, but the error still pops up.

Also, whenever I move the file from it's Zip folder to user_scenarios, something will pop up saying that I have two files named "Thumbs.db." I've tried everything from skipping the files to replacing them, but nothing seems to fix the error. I'm not even sure it's related, I just thought I would say so in the event that it is.

This is an image of what's happening, for clearer reference:

Untitled.png.8249d25f8e87167c7aa9a5c9ba8f87d9.png

I was just wondering if this is a problem on my end or if it's something that needs to be patched. I apologize if this isn't something that warrants its own thread, but any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I've been trying to figure that out myself.  It probably has something to do with the events that were added in the last update.  I'm hoping @admin_270 can find the issue soon so I can fix it as I have been unsuccessful so far in finding it myself.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I've been trying to figure that out myself.  It probably has something to do with the events that were added in the last update.  I'm hoping @admin_270 can find the issue soon so I can fix it as I have been unsuccessful so far in finding it myself.

Ah, alright. Well, good luck to you :) In the mean time, is there an old version I can play anywhere? It isn't urgent, I'm just wondering in case I get a hankering to watch one of my favorite elections :)

Also, thanks so much for the speedy response! This has been driving me nuts since I found it, so I can rest easy knowing it's something I didn't do to mess it up, haha.

On an unrelated note, do you know of anywhere I can get a 1992 or 1996 campaign? I found a 1988 one though if I remember the blog post right, it isn't complete just yet.

Once again, thanks so much for the quick response. It's greatly appreciated :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jvikings1 I'll try to figure it out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jvikings1 Events can't be focused on qualities especially if they have effects

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

@jvikings1 Events can't be focused on qualities especially if they have effects

Ah; the effects is the issue I assume

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Any headway on this? Not rushing anyone, just checking in :)

I've started to look into the possible cause mentioned by @NYrepublican.  This weekend I'll have more time to do testing and further investigation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I've started to look into the possible cause mentioned by @NYrepublican.  This weekend I'll have more time to do testing and further investigation.

Cool, cool :) I wish I could offer to help but I'm still figuring this game out and have yet to try my hand on the more technical side. Anyways, good luck fixing it man. I can't wait to play it :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nulla Lex Ink., I found the issue.  Two of my events that were for the leadership category had position changes because of copying from issues that had those.  When I removed that, it worked for me when I tested it.  I'll get the fixed one uploaded right away.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

@Nulla Lex Ink., I found the issue.  Two of my events that were for the leadership category had position changes because of copying from issues that had those.  When I removed that, it worked for me when I tested it.  I'll get the fixed one uploaded right away.

Awesome! Thanks man :)

Hey, just out of curiosity, you wouldn't know when to expect a 1992 or 1996 campaign, would you? Not rushing anyone, just curious :) I really wanna be able to play through every single one. I'm a huge presidents buff, and I hope to some day be able to help make one of these.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Awesome! Thanks man :)

Hey, just out of curiosity, you wouldn't know when to expect a 1992 or 1996 campaign, would you? Not rushing anyone, just curious :) I really wanna be able to play through every single one. I'm a huge presidents buff, and I hope to some day be able to help make one of these.

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2017/07/12/1992-the-giant-sucking-sound/

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/03/22/president-infinity-sentinels-1992-election-super-duper-alpha/

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2014/08/05/united-states-1996-for-pf2016-beta-1-0/

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Awesome! Thanks man :)

Hey, just out of curiosity, you wouldn't know when to expect a 1992 or 1996 campaign, would you? Not rushing anyone, just curious :) I really wanna be able to play through every single one. I'm a huge presidents buff, and I hope to some day be able to help make one of these.

Although a 1996 U.S. Presidential Election scenario for the old iteration of this game (P4E2008) was the first scenario I had ever created for a TheorySpark game after joining the community back in 2007 (ages ago, it seems), I don't personally make U.S. Presidential scenarios anymore, but focus on many other electoral topics, myself. Though it's probably on the books for someone to do, eventually.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

None of these are complete or finished products, victor.

It's better than nothing

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

None of these are complete or finished products, victor.

servo will continue working, dont have others projects working on theses years elections

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

@Nulla Lex Ink., I found the issue.  Two of my events that were for the leadership category had position changes because of copying from issues that had those.  When I removed that, it worked for me when I tested it.  I'll get the fixed one uploaded right away.

Have you put the fixed one up just yet? I downloaded it again and this new one seems to be giving me the same error after a few turns. I don't mean to be a spoil sport, just want to make sure which end it is, so I can work on fixing it if it's on my end :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Oh, but only when I start from the default date. Any time after that is glitch free :)

Weird.  I'll look into that.

16 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Have you put the fixed one up just yet? I downloaded it again and this new one seems to be giving me the same error after a few turns. I don't mean to be a spoil sport, just want to make sure which end it is, so I can work on fixing it if it's on my end :)

No, I'm glad that you are notifying me about the problem.  I would prefer for the scenario to be error free.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Weird.  I'll look into that.

No, I'm glad that you are notifying me about the problem.  I would prefer for the scenario to be error free.

Well, glad I can help :) It seems to be on March 19th that the error occurs, if that helps.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Well, glad I can help :) It seems to be on March 19th that the error occurs, if that helps.

I'll look at the events that day to see of the issue is there

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Well, glad I can help :) It seems to be on March 19th that the error occurs, if that helps.

Thanks for your help.  I've uploaded an updated one to the campaigns site.  I space barred through it and didn't encounter any errors.  If you find something please post it here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Thanks for your help.  I've uploaded an updated one to the campaigns site.  I space barred through it and didn't encounter any errors.  If you find something please post it here.

Not a problem man, I'll give it a look right now :) I wish there was more I could have done, but this game has become a new obsession, and once I'm obsessed I reaaaally get into things, so I may be able to do more than just test some day, hopefully :)

Quick question for you, if you don't mind, about the game in general. Is there a way to "import" candidates from other campaigns, or do you have to start from scratch? I've been wanting to move Charles Curtis to the 1932 campaign. I don't mind going from scratch, I just thought I'd ask and see if there's a quicker way :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now