270soft Forum

After the election negotiations update is done would it be possible to add party list PR so we can do elections like Israel 2015 or South Africa 2014.

After the next PMI update is completing the PI update, including direct pop. vote. There is currently no plan to implement PR, but it might happen at some point in the future.

@JDrakeify has a lot of Spain campaigns to release once it's out. Maybe hold a poll asking if that should be the next focus after the current batch of updates? @admin_270

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

After the next PMI update is completing the PI update, including direct pop. vote. There is currently no plan to implement PR, but it might happen at some point in the future.

You disappoint me again. Given the vast majority of national legislative elections in the modern world today that are in any way free or fair have PR or a strong PR element (such as MMP), I find this dragging of the heels of what SHOULD be a PRIORITY mechanism to "no stated plans or ETA" to be parochial and limited and even tunnel vision and cutting off so much potential of this great engine who have here. I feel like Ray Kroc felt about the horribly limited and humble ambitions of Nate and Dick McDonald, but unlike Kroc, I don't have the resouces to buy you out and expand what I feel is a grand vision in the making limited by timid growth plans.

*Note - this is meant as constructive criticism, not insults or malice

55 minutes ago, Patine said:

You disappoint me again. Given the vast majority of national legislative elections in the modern world today that are in any way free or fair have PR or a strong PR element (such as MMP), I find this dragging of the heels of what SHOULD be a PRIORITY mechanism to "no stated plans or ETA" to be parochial and limited and even tunnel vision and cutting off so much potential of this great engine who have here. I feel like Ray Kroc felt about the horribly limited and humble ambitions of Nate and Dick McDonald, but unlike Kroc, I don't have the resouces to buy you out and expand what I feel is a grand vision in the making limited by timid growth plans.

*Note - this is meant as constructive criticism, not insults or malice

Well he's also massively behind schedule these updates were supposed to be finsihed by June but they weren't able to be because of the snap election calling for more attention to be focused on the PMI update. I think Anthony should hold a poll on what to focus on next once this batch of updates is near completion.

@admin_270

Two very good elections that could have been used as official scenarios for the introduction of an MMP aspect for PMI have just been wrapped up last night. I'm starting to become dismayed at this issue. :(

@admin_270 Not sure if it would help but maybe if we the forum members could create the scenarios as betas, so only the game engine would need the update.

I wouldn't mind having a go at porting a few of the German scenarios from K4E to PMI (obviously without Hare-Niemeyer) but it would get us closer, it would also give an idea of the types of PR systems people want also?

Thanks

@daons

Members of the forum are completely welcome to create campaigns like Germany 2017 for PMI. If that happens, then there will be campaigns that could immediately plug in to an updated PMI game engine with something like PR, and would be a further reason for me to add the feature. Having said that, I can't promise to add PR at any particular point in time, but yes, it would probably increase the chances.