Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

NYC City Council poll

NYC City Council poll  

4 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you think of this scenario?

    • 5/5 Excellent
    • 4/5 Good
      0
    • 3/5 OK
    • 2/5 Bad
      0
    • 1/5 Terrible
      0


Recommended Posts

I'll have to play it first, and it will be awhile; although, I look forward to playing it. I'm pretty much crammed for time, and will have to reduce my time in the forum very soon. My time will be reduced to finishing these polls that I started, and posting the updated scenarios, and the occasional update to 2020. I won't be responding or getting into many of the debates or other discussions so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I don't like to vote on such things with just a flat, qualitive number. I detest such things, in fact, to the point of being tempted (but I haven't yet on these forums, in all the 10 years I've been a posting member) to just select the worst numerical option on all of them to show my disapproval of the institution. I much prefer to give actual worded opinion, constructive criticism, commentary, and other useful and meaningful feedback, which I will give upon finishing my first play-through, which I haven't even done yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2017 at 12:06 PM, Patine said:

I don't like to vote on such things with just a flat, qualitive number. I detest such things, in fact, to the point of being tempted (but I haven't yet on these forums, in all the 10 years I've been a posting member) to just select the worst numerical option on all of them to show my disapproval of the institution. I much prefer to give actual worded opinion, constructive criticism, commentary, and other useful and meaningful feedback, which I will give upon finishing my first play-through, which I haven't even done yet.

Have you played yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Have you played yet?

Yes, I had played as Working Families and failed to get my one seat. I was unclear, though, why War on Terror (especially with Federal-government perspective stances) and Social Security (also a strictly Federal jurisdiction), were campaign issues in that scenario. In fact, I don't believe policy on Same-Sex Marriage or Abortion, or even Undocumented Immigrants beyond certain law enforcement aspects (the ones that were pivotal keys of Joe Arpaio's campaigns for Sheriff of Mariposa County), are within municipal powers and jurisdiction at all either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Patine said:

Yes, I had played as Working Families and failed to get my one seat. I was unclear, though, why War on Terror (especially with Federal-government perspective stances) and Social Security (also a strictly Federal jurisdiction), were campaign issues in that scenario. In fact, I don't believe policy on Same-Sex Marriage or Abortion, or even Undocumented Immigrants beyond certain law enforcement aspects (the ones that were pivotal keys of Joe Arpaio's campaigns for Sheriff of Mariposa County), are within municipal powers and jurisdiction at all either.

I chose to keep those because the mayor is a national player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I chose to keep those because the mayor is a national player.

What do you mean? I think you're exaggerating the prominence of the office here. Even Giuliani only became a "national player" in any way where he directly influenced those kinds of issues meaningfully as he as on his way out of office (2001 was his last year as Mayor). And besides, the voters of NYC (or any city) are voting for a Mayor and Council based upon city issues - issues like Transfat Ban, Smoking Ban, Traffic Congestion, Public Transit Upgrade, Gentrification, Waste and Garbage Management, and other issues that appeared in Zion's 2009 NYC Mayoral Scenario by P4E2008 but are entirely absent (even in up-to-date form) in your scenario, strangely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

What do you mean? I think you're exaggerating the prominence of the office here. Even Giuliani only became a "national player" in any way where he directly influenced those kinds of issues meaningfully as he as on his way out of office (2001 was his last year as Mayor). And besides, the voters of NYC (or any city) are voting for a Mayor and Council based upon city issues - issues like Transfat Ban, Smoking Ban, Traffic Congestion, Public Transit Upgrade, Gentrification, Waste and Garbage Management, and other issues that appeared in Zion's 2009 NYC Mayoral Scenario by P4E2008 but are entirely absent (even in up-to-date form) in your scenario, strangely.

yes I might update it with more issues soemtime soon I didn't get around to doing it then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe one can be If the MTA should use the phrase "ladies and gentlemen" on the trains. The MTA has banned their use under threat of firing (yes they're actually hiring people to ensure compliance) of train conductors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this when it was supposed to be fixing up the transit system but apparently that's more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×