270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LegolasRedbard

Ardia Legislative Elections - 2014 and 2019

(This is the big project. This won't happen for a long time yet.)

Ardia is a fictional country in the middle of the North Sea. It's a former British dependency that became independent in 1979. It has a system similar to a parliamentary democracy, but with an elected president as well.

2014 - This is one of the closest elections in decades. With the presidential election too close to call, it looks like either the Conservative Republican Party or Labour could have to form a coalition.

Parties!

Conservative Republican Party - Centre right

Labour Party - traditionally centre-left, drifting further leftwards

Liberal Party - Liberal. Based on the old UK liberal party. Divisions between moderates and full blown libertarians have damaged the party's image

New Ulster Independence Party - Centre-right party advocating for the independence of New Ulster. Willing to go into coalition for a devolved assembly and referendum.

Radical Party of New UIster - far-left unionist party

National Front of Ardia - right wing populists

Referendum Party - they just want out of the EU. centrist otherwise

Communist Party - come on

Independents

2019 - There is fear and anxiety among the major parties as polls indicate the two party system that has prevailed for 30 years is on the verge of collapse. Can the LNP pull off the impossible?

Parties stay the same, with the absence of the Referendum Party, and the addition of the Liberal National Party.

WHAT'S DONE

Planning

WHAT'S NOT DONE

Everything else

I will also be making a Presidential Election for this. Can someone help me make a map?

3 hours ago, LegolasRedbard said:

(This is the big project. This won't happen for a long time yet.)

Ardia is a fictional country in the middle of the North Sea. It's a former British dependency that became independent in 1979. It has a system similar to a parliamentary democracy, but with an elected president as well.

2014 - This is one of the closest elections in decades. With the presidential election too close to call, it looks like either the Conservative Republican Party or Labour could have to form a coalition.

Parties!

Conservative Republican Party - Centre right

Labour Party - traditionally centre-left, drifting further leftwards

Liberal Party - Liberal. Based on the old UK liberal party. Divisions between moderates and full blown libertarians have damaged the party's image

New Ulster Independence Party - Centre-right party advocating for the independence of New Ulster. Willing to go into coalition for a devolved assembly and referendum.

Radical Party of New UIster - far-left unionist party

National Front of Ardia - right wing populists

Referendum Party - they just want out of the EU. centrist otherwise

Communist Party - come on

Independents

2019 - There is fear and anxiety among the major parties as polls indicate the two party system that has prevailed for 30 years is on the verge of collapse. Can the LNP pull off the impossible?

Parties stay the same, with the absence of the Referendum Party, and the addition of the Liberal National Party.

WHAT'S DONE

Planning

WHAT'S NOT DONE

Everything else

Another British poster and scenario designer from quite a while ago with the handle Treasurer of the PC (I miss him on these forums) created something very similar to this in general theme with a fictitious nation with a similar backstory and geographic location (I can't remember whether his was a republic or constitutional monarchy, and if it was the former, if they had a ceremonial president or one with actual power) called Padstoddington. I believe I still have a copy (though it was made for PM4E2008) on my hard-drive. Would you like me to dig it up for possible inspiration?

23 minutes ago, Patine said:

Another British poster and scenario designer from quite a while ago with the handle Treasurer of the PC (I miss him on these forums) created something very similar to this in general theme with a fictitious nation with a similar backstory and geographic location (I can't remember whether his was a republic or constitutional monarchy, and if it was the former, if they had a ceremonial president or one with actual power) called Padstoddington. I believe I still have a copy (though it was made for PM4E2008) on my hard-drive. Would you like me to dig it up for possible inspiration?

I have it already, it's on the campaigns website here http://campaigns.270soft.com/2012/11/14/padstoddington-2009/. That's where I got this idea from initially.

UPDATE:

After a period of inactivity, work has begun again, but considering I have my prelims in November, it won't be top priority.

What's done now:

Planning (if I can find my book with everything in it again)

Party names

What's to be done:

EVERYTHING

Could someone help with a map?